2022-2023 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they are already sending out waitlist? I interviewed with the school if I did not get accepted or waitlisted does that mean I was rejected?
I think that is only for OOS
Texans, if not offered a prematch, are kind of “waiting” for match day.
If you don’t match, then you could be on WLs .

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For those who got pre matched already, did y’all get notified about it via email or did y’all have to check the TMDSAS portal every day to find out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have to do anything after we interview? Anything for this school or anything on TMDSAS?

Do we have to do anything after we interview? Anything for this school or anything on TMDSAS?
Just watch your TMDSAS portal and when schools where you interviewed show up, rank them. If you only interviewed at one place, you still have to rank it #1 :)

Just watch your TMDSAS portal and when schools where you interviewed show up, rank them. If you only interviewed at one place, you still have to rank it #1 :)
Tysm. Where does it show up so I can rank it?

Tysm. Where does it show up so I can rank it?
To enter your match preferences, you must log in to the application. Once you are logged in, click on the [School Rank Preference] link under [Pending Actions] on the right-hand side of the page. You will only see this link once a school has updated your status to "Interviewed". If you do not see the link, your status has not yet been updated by the medical school.

To enter your match preferences, you must log in to the application. Once you are logged in, click on the [School Rank Preference] link under [Pending Actions] on the right-hand side of the page. You will only see this link once a school has updated your status to "Interviewed". If you do not see the link, your status has not yet been updated by the medical school.
I see it now. Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
II today!! Completed secondary in June! Super excited since this is my top choice :)

II!!! This was my top choice and I submitted the secondary end of July. I can’t believe it. I just unsubbed from Rebecca at TCOM a few days ago cuz I gave up on them🥹

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
II!!! This was my top choice and I submitted the secondary end of July. I can’t believe it. I just unsubbed from Rebecca at TCOM a few days ago cuz I gave up on them🥹

Rebecca, pleaseee leave me alone. they got my other email too

• Haha
Is anyone able to see how long TCOM will continue interviewing for ??

Just got an acceptance from TCOM!! Interviewed 9/30, OOS applicant. Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews and thanks to everyone posting on this tread. I've been checking it for the last couple weeks trying to figure out when TCOM might send out the next wave of acceptances.

Reactions: 6 users
Prematched! Interviewed in August.

I’ll be turning the prematch down, but I loved TCOM when I visited. I think anyone who goes here will absolutely love it, so hopefully someone else gets my spot!

Reactions: 3 users
Prematched! Interviewed in August.

I’ll be turning the prematch down, but I loved TCOM when I visited. I think anyone who goes here will absolutely love it, so hopefully someone else gets my spot!
where do you want to go?

Prematched today at 12:30 pm! Interviewed early August. In state

Reactions: 4 users
Interview season is far from over, so sending an intent letter may seem a little disingenuous. I think an interest letter is better suited. Just my opinion.

These can realistically be the same thing.

The problem with a letter of intent is that you would really need 1) TCOM to be, truthfully, your #1 choice and have no desire to attend any other school and 2) strong reasons behind your letter.

If you grew up in Fort Worth or have strong connection to the DFW area and can state your interest in both TCOM and DO training, then it may not be a bad idea if you also fulfill the above.

With a letter of intent, you really need to show why you’re being DRAGGED towards here and away from everywhere else.

The problem is many probably will not meet all of these criteria and therefore a letter of intent would be weak at best.

Reactions: 2 users
For those that have interviewed here already, what is the format?

For those that have interviewed here already, what is the format?

5 MMI stations! very relaxed
To add:

I was both an interviewer and an interviewee under the MMI format.

The MMIs at TCOM are usually split between having some be situational (e.g. you saw x but believe y, what would you do) and the others are all typical interview questions that one would expect in any traditional interview, but are in the MMI format.

Also, as general interview advice, I guarantee your interviewers would rather hear a great story not related to medicine as opposed to an okay story that is rooted in medicine. Promise.

To add:

I was both an interviewer and an interviewee under the MMI format.

The MMIs at TCOM are usually split between having some be situational (e.g. you saw x but believe y, what would you do) and the others are all typical interview questions that one would expect in any traditional interview, but are in the MMI format.

Also, as general interview advice, I guarantee your interviewers would rather hear a great story not related to medicine as opposed to an okay story that is rooted in medicine. Promise.

Interesting. I assumed that when they said “5 scenario based interviews” in an email, that it would not include any traditional questions. I guess I have to prepare for that now! Thanks.

Interesting. I assumed that when they said “5 scenario based interviews” in an email, that it would not include any traditional questions. I guess I have to prepare for that now! Thanks.
I didn’t get any situational “what would you do” kind of questions. All of mine were asking about my perspective or experiences on some topic

I didn’t get any situational “what would you do” kind of questions. All of mine were asking about my perspective or experiences on some topic
It's possible they've been done away with. When I interviewed (as an undergrad), I had two situational and three typical interview questions. When I interviewed, I only had one question and never looked at the other four, but mine was a typical question.

I feel like I messed up a lot on one station of that interview. Hopefully they look past that . I was already anxious prior to the interview and the interview only made it worse so y’all have nerves of steal . I’m not sure why only my in state interviews that are close to home have made me anxious while I didn’t feel like this with out of state ones. Maybe I’m more eager to stay in the lovely state of texas!

• Care
Are y’all writing thank you letter?
It’s usually welcome. However, your scores are typically finalized within a few minutes of you leaving the room (and submitted to the admissions committee around the time all interviews have concluded) so it won’t make any impact on your interview scores if that was the question you were really asking.

It’s usually welcome. However, your scores are typically finalized within a few minutes of you leaving the room (and submitted to the admissions committee around the time all interviews have concluded) so it won’t make any impact on your interview scores if that was the question you were really asking.

Thanks. You got me!

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate? Interviewed in October and crossing my fingers I get accepted 🤞🏻

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate? Interviewed in October and crossing my fingers I get accepted

Off the top of my head: 67%

I think there were 680 interviews, 460 acceptances, for 230 seats.