2022-2023 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Had an early interview here; hoping if pre-matches don't come today, we start to see some on Monday!!
I’m with you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I interviewed at TCOM and another TX school. The other school is already on my TMDSAS but TCOM is not. Is this normal?

So I interviewed at TCOM and another TX school. The other school is already on my TMDSAS but TCOM is not. Is this normal?
TCOM didn’t show up on my rankings for a long time. Maybe 4-6 weeks?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched- interview date 8/2

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone who pre-matched! How does it look for us still hoping for an interview?

Rebecca… why…

Edited to add context lol
4C7D3F3E-D02D-4904-8026-C040BA18B751.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if TCOM tends to accept OOS applicants later compared to IS?

I really want an interview from TCOM, I already sent an update letter, what else can I do??

I got an II yesterday from here -- submitted 10/9

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when in November they will send out more pre-match offers?

I interview tomorrow. Am I stressing over it more than I should? I did so many MMI practice problems. Will they ask me traditional interview questions too? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I interview tomorrow. Am I stressing over it more than I should? I did so many MMI practice problems. Will they ask me traditional interview questions too? Any feedback would be much appreciated.
My MMI experience was not really typical MMI questions. What i mean was I didn't have anything on ethical situations, but moreso "traditional questions" and others about what qualities does a physician have, etc.

I have spoken to another interviewee and we DID have different questions tho, so my experience will not be the same as yours.

My MMI experience was not really typical MMI questions. What i mean was I didn't have anything on ethical situations, but moreso "traditional questions" and others about what qualities does a physician have, etc.

I have spoken to another interviewee and we DID have different questions tho, so my experience will not be the same as yours.
Thank you for your feedback. Do you remember any other questions you or your peers were asked besides qualities of a physician? Thank you so much btw this is really helpful

Thank you for your feedback. Do you remember any other questions you or your peers were asked besides qualities of a physician? Thank you so much btw this is really helpful
Honestly I cannot remember any of the actual questions lol, just the general vibe of them. When it comes to MMIs, this school is very chill so I wouldn't stress out too much. Just be yourself, really know your app (so you can draw from experiences), and review some medical ethics.

Honestly I cannot remember any of the actual questions lol, just the general vibe of them. When it comes to MMIs, this school is very chill so I wouldn't stress out too much. Just be yourself, really know your app (so you can draw from experiences), and review some medical ethics.
Will do! Thank you ☺️

Hey folks, after careful consideration I've declined my interview invite. Fingers crossed it goes to someone who's waiting! Stay hopeful everyone <3

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Just got an acceptance here!!! Can't hold my excitement rn in class LMAO

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got an acceptance here!!! Can't hold my excitement rn in class LMAO
Well hopefully you're feeling better about this cycle now! Big congrats, really happy it worked out for you

Well hopefully you're feeling better about this cycle now! Big congrats, really happy it worked out for you
Much better. Still realizing that I need to give everything some time before freaking out :)

Much better. Still realizing that I need to give everything some time before freaking out :)
Exactly, you never know what will happen between now and May/June, or at least that's what I've been telling myself to keep myself sane lol!

PRE-MATCHED!!! Interviewed on 8/9. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Pre-matched! Interviewed 9/16. Happy spooky day everyone!! Eat all the candy today!! Everyone deserves a good Milky Way in this admissions cycle 💕

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II received right now! Completed 6/14. IS, URM, LizzyM: 67

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Does this school accept updates?
They do! I sent a letter of intent last cycle after I was waitlisted. I had a January interview so there wasn't much for an "update" between that and March, so unless they've changed it since then, they should accept it!

They do! I sent a letter of intent last cycle after I was waitlisted. I had a January interview so there wasn't much for an "update" between that and March, so unless they've changed it since then, they should accept it!
Did the LOI help get you accepted? Also in general should I consider writing a LOI? How long should an LOI be? sorry for all the questions I am just so anxious. I really want to get pre-matched

they are already sending out waitlist? I interviewed with the school if I did not get accepted or waitlisted does that mean I was rejected?
that is absolutely not the case, unless they have told you specifically. especially if you are IS, many will get offers on match day as opposed to a prematch offer