2022-2023 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who received IIs, how long after sending the confirmation survey did you receive a confirmation email for your II? I sent mine a few days ago but have not heard back since and am worried about my app getting withdrawn.
Less than 24 hours. I would reach out to them. Check your junk box in case it went there. Did you get an email regarding the info session confirmation?

Members don't see this ad.

II received 1/19. I would have loved to see this anytime last fall. Now I’m already committed to another program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted this morning :) first one of the cycle! Interviewed 1/11

Reactions: 4 users
II received 1/19. I would have loved to see this anytime last fall. Now I’m already committed to another program.
Im in the same boat. I already threw my deposit for one school and the second deposit would make me go broke.
Based on the interview and if accepted, I will visit the campus and make a final decision.
Maine looks amazing from what I've seen though. That COL though...

Im in the same boat. I already threw my deposit for one school and the second deposit would make me go broke.
Based on the interview and if accepted, I will visit the campus and make a final decision.
Maine looks amazing from what I've seen though. That COL though...
Yeahhh UNECOM need to ring my email

When does UNECOM historically stop sending out interviews? Seems like they're fairly selective from the amount of self-reported II's in this thread

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When does UNECOM historically stop sending out interviews? Seems like they're fairly selective from the amount of self-reported II's in this thread
Looking back at the 2021-2022 sdn page, some people got II in March.

Reactions: 2 users
We are Pass/Fail. All that is required to graduate is that you pass all your classes. High Pass and Honors are used for distinction, some honor societies, and go on your residency apps. UNE doesn't calculate a GPA or a numerical class ranking.

I also had this dilemma and put a deposit down at another program but UNE’s first deposit was only $500 compared to other schools $1500+ so I just wanted to toss that info in the air because I found it worth it in my case :)

I also had this dilemma and put a deposit down at another program but UNE’s first deposit was only $500 compared to other schools $1500+ so I just wanted to toss that info in the air because I found it worth it in my case :)
Just want to clarify this was back in December so I’m not sure if the deposit amount remains the same throughout the cycle.

This might already be in the thread, but does anyone know if this school sends out pre-II rejections? or is it just a waiting game

Does anyone have any information about UNE's most recent match lists? Thank you!!

If you try to make a deposit payment and you get the error message upon submission, don’t try again.
-someone who paid the deposit 3 times. 😬

II just now. Complete in late November. No ties to the region at all.

Will probably be declining, just posting for reference

Reactions: 2 users
When do people normally send LOI's? I interviewed 1/26 and am waiting to hear back. UNECOM is my absolute top choice and I was wondering if it makes more sense to wait until I hear back or should I send one now while I am waiting to hear back??

Is there a group me for people who are a planning on attending?

When do people normally send LOI's? I interviewed 1/26 and am waiting to hear back. UNECOM is my absolute top choice and I was wondering if it makes more sense to wait until I hear back or should I send one now while I am waiting to hear back??
I had mine sent before I submitted my AACOMAS application. Since they are required for a complete application, I just treated them as such, and got them in early/didn't submit my AACOMAS until I had all of them.

I had mine sent before I submitted my AACOMAS application. Since they are required for a complete application, I just treated them as such, and got them in early/didn't submit my AACOMAS until I had all of them.
I think you’re confusing “letter of intent/interest” with “letter of recommendation”

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about a letter of intent, I had to have all of my LOR's in when I submitted my initial app back in May. I've already had an interview and I'm waiting to hear back on the decision, but I was wondering if people normally send the letter of intent before they receive a decision, or after they hear they're on the waitlist or something.

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about a letter of intent, I had to have all of my LOR's in when I submitted my initial app back in May. I've already had an interview and I'm waiting to hear back on the decision, but I was wondering if people normally send the letter of intent before they receive a decision, or after they hear they're on the waitlist or something.
I believe they normally get sent by people who are waitlisted

Is there a group me for people who are a planning on attending?
We will be making a class discord (It's on my to-do list for this week). For now, I suggest joining the facebook =)

• Care
Congrats to all who have been accepted, godspeed to those still going through the application process. Follow UNECOMMEMES on instagram

hey guys, do you know when the next round of post II decisions will go out?

hey guys, do you know when the next round of post II decisions will go out?
I had mine this week and the post video interview said 4-6 weeks.

My interview was conversational. I think I did fine. Could have done better, but I always feel like that.
I clicked more with one interviewer compared to the other one. I hope I get into the school. It's definitely one of my top choices.

Good luck to everyone that is interviewing!

Last edited:
I had mine this week and the post video interview said 4-6 weeks.

My interview was conversational. I think I did fine. Could have done better, but I always feel like that.
I clicked more with one interviewer compared to the other one. I hope I get into the school. It's definitely one of my top choices.

Good luck to everyone that is interviewing!
What post video interview?? I didn’t see any video after the interview lol

Got waitlisted today, interviewed on 1/26.
I’m going to send in an LOI but anyone know of their waitlist movement this far into the cycle?
I read on previous year’s SDN threads that they’ve mostly filled their class by January, makes me feel like there’s not much hope

Oh **** I just exited the webpage!! Was it sometbing important? I had no idea
Not really. It just said thanks for interviewing and 4-6 week for decision. Basically what that email you got said.
Although it looks like people are getting their decision sooner.
Im terrified. I feel like I just blabbered on during my interview and didn't answer everything the way that I thought I should have.
That hard 30 minute time limit was in the back of my head at all times.

Last edited: