2022-2023 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I know, if you have the financial means, it won't hurt! I believe that before labor day is still great for DO.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
II! International/OOS, kind of a pleasant surprise cause I waited like 2 months before doing their secondary lol I was complete on 9/2

Does anyone know if they have an agenda for their interview? I have mine tomorrow and I can’t find any info on it

How long is the interview? it says like 30 minutes but it also says they do MMI. Anyone have an idea of what the day itenery looks like?

I believe that they used to do MMI and are replacing it with casper now. I think its only 30 minutes but I just emailed them and will update to see what they say.

Also anyone know the post-ii acceptance rate for MSU COM?

Any Canadians get II?

For anyone that interviewed today how did you feel about it?

Just received an II, scheduled for 9/27.
International but also reside in Michigan. 3.8/511; non-traditional reapplicant. Have had a research job for the last 7 years/since graduating.
Secondary rec'd 6/27, sub'd 7/9, complete 7/26.

Anyone going to the info session tomorrow - what are you wearing? I was gonna go business casual since it didn’t specify anywhere

Non-trad OOS applicant with a MS in epidemiology from Georgetown, over 2500 hours of hands on clinical experience, original masters thesis research, complete 7/20... stats below... I've seen others with similar stats get II and so many people who were complete after me get II... Should I take their silence as a pre-II R?

Non-trad OOS applicant with a MS in epidemiology from Georgetown, over 2500 hours of hands on clinical experience, original masters thesis research, complete 7/20... stats below... I've seen others with similar stats get II and so many people who were complete after me get II... Should I take their silence as a pre-II R?
Wow!! we have the same stats and I have a ton of clinical and a master thesis done as well. have not heard back either...

Wow!! we have the same stats and I have a ton of clinical and a master thesis done as well. have not heard back either...
Like I don't think a DO program would immediately reject like that? Fingers crossed we hear soon I guess, so weird.

anyone have any insight as to how the interview will go considering our applications are closed during the interview? also does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate at MSUCOM?

Has anybody In-State got an II? Complete silence here.

anyone have any insight as to how the interview will go considering our applications are closed during the interview? also does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate at MSUCOM?
I had my interview recently. It was pretty relaxed, just the standard interview questions and we just talked about my experiences. Due to it being a closed file interview, they don't know anything about you so they try to learn about who you are and why MSU would be a good fit for you. We talked about sports for a bit too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know when we hear back after interviews?
I was told they try to get back within a month during my interview but also heard that acceptances could arrive as early as the next couple weeks but rejection/waitlist determinations likely won’t come until a few months from now.

For anyone who has interviewed- are they still doing MMI's?

I interviewed this morning. It was a closed file one on one interview. All they knew was my name. It was a traditional interview but very conversational. When you get an interview invite you have the option to go to the admission presentation and a Q and A session with current students. I attended them earlier this week. I highly recommend going if you have an interview soon. It was super enlightening and moved this school to my top choice. The MMI interview is currently being replaced by the Casper so they ask for your exam date. Your application after the interview won’t be reviewed until they receive your Casper scores.

Good luck to all of you who have interviews coming up and those of you still waiting.