2022-2023 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What makes yall think you were screened? Just that you haven't gotten a secondary?
Yes I submitted pretty early back in mid June and haven't heard back since. My MCAT and grad gpa is high but my undergrad sgpa is low and that's probably why :,(

Yes I submitted pretty early back in mid June and haven't heard back since. My MCAT and grad gpa is high but my undergrad sgpa is low and that's probably why :,(
Interesting...I submitted in May and haven't heard back lol rip

Members don't see this ad :)
What makes yall think you were screened? Just that you haven't gotten a secondary?
Yeah no secondary. AACOMAS was submitted in May. GPA is near their average and MCAT is a 510. Not sure why I would have been screened.

Yes, They are way behind. I just received an email acknowledging the receipt of my primary.

for the ppl who received acknowledgment of primary, when did you submit your primary?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email saying that they have "received your AACOMAS application and will process applications to determine eligibility for a secondary application."

Do they mostly send everyone secondaries?

Weird why they ask you what other schools you are applying to on the secondary

I got WL last year from KCU and they sent out secondaries in early august but this year no response so far. I think it's just slow on their part

Secondary received just now. OOS. LM 70.2.

Last edited:
when was y'alls primaries submitted and primary received emails?

us mid July peeps will have our time to shine soon :(

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if the Casper is required? It is listed as a recipient through Altus Suite but I'm not seeing anything definitive as to whether or not they require it. Rather not spend the extra cost to add this school if it isn't a requirement.

After submitting secondary and payment, is there anything else we need to do to complete our application?

Verified: 6/4
Primary Received: 08/10
Secondary Invite: 8/11
Secondary Submitted: 8/11
Hoping for the II!!

for anyone who has the secondary- for the 5 other DO schools, what did you list if you did not have 5 others? Does it look bad to leave some blank? Or just pick random ones?

Im sorry I was being dramatic y'all secondary received yesterday

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Haha when did you submit your primary and get the primary received email?
I believe my primary was submitted around mid June can't remember the exact date
primary received email 8/10 secondary received 8/11

How are you guys approaching the first question? There's no way I can hit 500 words for that lol. I'm thinking I stay succinct and just go for ~200-250 words.

How are you guys approaching the first question? There's no way I can hit 500 words for that lol. I'm thinking I stay succinct and just go for ~200-250 words.
i just answered it truthfully. only came out to around 175 words for me.

Their LOR requirements wording seemed a little confusing to me. If we submitted all LOR through Interfolio to AACOMAS, will we need to send KCU anything regarding those letters, or will they already have them on file?

Their LOR requirements wording seemed a little confusing to me. If we submitted all LOR through Interfolio to AACOMAS, will we need to send KCU anything regarding those letters, or will they already have them on file?
If you sent it from Interfolio to AACOMAS, they will have them on file.

Reactions: 1 users
Y'all I'm so lost on the "maintain your academic knowledge" question.... what general ideas/themes did y'all put???

yes. On gap year #2.
so if youre engaged with clinical or research work right now you should talk about how stuff youve learned in undergrad relates to the work youre doing now and how its helping to keep your academic knowledge fresh.

Reactions: 1 user