2022-2023 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still awaiting secondary. OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
Primary received July 21. Secondary submitted august 1. It seems that interviews don’t start until September 13th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Primary received July 21. Secondary submitted august 1. It seems that interviews don’t start until September 13th.
sorry just making sure your timeline is right

primary received email from KCU: 7/21
Secondary received: ?
Secondary submitted: 8/1

When did you receive the secondary?

Just received my app processing email. Primary verified mid may. One of my last schools I’m waiting on

I know you all are wanting to know the relative timeline so I'll share what my app was like for KCU during the 2019-2020 app cycle.

Primary submitted: 7/17
Secondary invitation: 8/21
Date complete: 8/24
Interview invite: 9/24
Interview: 11/15
Accepted: 12/20

Reactions: 2 users
I know you all are wanting to know the relative timeline so I'll share what my app was like for KCU during the 2019-2020 app cycle.

Primary submitted: 7/17
Secondary invitation: 8/21
Date complete: 8/24
Interview invite: 9/24
Interview: 11/15
Accepted: 12/20
This is almost exactly when I submitted my primary, looks like I got a bit to wait

sorry just making sure your timeline is right

primary received email from KCU: 7/21
Secondary received: ?
Secondary submitted: 8/1

When did you receive the secondary?
I received secondary on July 28th

Anyone else notice that only afternoon times (11:30 am) were available for interview scheduling? The information mentioned that both morning and afternoon options will be available to choose from.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else notice that only afternoon times (11:30 am) were available for interview scheduling? The information mentioned that both morning and afternoon options will be available to choose from.
+1 had to do 11:30

Second year here! PM me or let me know if you have any questions/concerns I can address!
KCU is amazing- 100% would re choose if I could do it again

Reactions: 1 users
Second year here! PM me or let me know if you have any questions/concerns I can address!
KCU is amazing- 100% would re choose if I could do it again
Hey! What unique things about the school do you like? In terms of curriculum, opportunities, etc? Will be interviewing next month and wanted to get a student's perspective.

Submit 5/20
Primary received 8/8
Secondary invitation 8/9
Hoping to get it in asap for possible II!!

Last edited:
Secondary received! Is it one for both campuses?

Anyone that submitted primary mid July receive a secondary yet?

Interview invite received yesterday. Interviewing on earliest date 09/13. Relatively low stats but had some great answers for my secondaries and this is my first app cycle.

3.40 sGPA
3.55 cGPA
MCAT 502

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Interview invite received yesterday. Interviewing on earliest date 09/13. Relatively low stats but had some great answers for my secondaries and this is my first app cycle.

3.40 sGPA
3.55 cGPA
MCAT 502
When did you submit your primary if I may ask? And when did you get the primary received email from KCU?

3.40 sGPA
3.55 cGPA
MCAT 502
Also ORM, attended small OOS college, submitted primary first day and secondary about a week ago.

ECs:
Hella scribing hours
President of frat
Lots of volunteering through college orgs
Had a decent story and but upward trend GPA last 3 semesters.

• Love
When did you submit your primary if I may ask? And when did you get the primary received email from KCU?
Primary first day available, primary received 07/27, secondary received and done same day 07/28. II yesterday

• Love
Primary first day available, primary received 07/27, secondary received and done same day 07/28. II yesterday
Many thanks and congrats to you! I have a while to go it seems having sent my secondary mid July 😂

Also ORM, attended small OOS college, submitted primary first day and secondary about a week ago.

ECs:
Hella scribing hours
President of frat
Lots of volunteering through college orgs
Had a decent story and but upward trend GPA last 3 semesters.
Also want to mention
Many thanks and congrats to you! I have a while to go it seems having sent my secondary mid July 😂
No problem man and thank you! You will get that II I can feel it. They’re still early into it. When I signed up for the first interview date it shows how many spots are left and it seems everyone invited so far only choose the first date and there were only around 10 spots missing from that date. I was honestly very shocked as this is one of my reach schools. I believe they just really liked my secondary. I talked a lot about how I’ve learned so much having to do with patient-physician interaction at my scribing job.

• Care
Also want to mention

No problem man and thank you! You will get that II I can feel it. They’re still early into it. When I signed up for the first interview date it shows how many spots are left and it seems everyone invited so far only choose the first date and there were only around 10 spots missing from that date. I was honestly very shocked as this is one of my reach schools. I believe they just really liked my secondary. I talked a lot about how I’ve learned so much having to do with patient-physician interaction at my scribing job.
Do you mind if I DM you brother?

I just received a secondary earlier today after submitting app in May!

Why does the secondary ask "Besides KCU, what are your top five choices for osteopathic medical schools?" Did anyone not answer this question and get a II?

Why does the secondary ask "Besides KCU, what are your top five choices for osteopathic medical schools?" Did anyone not answer this question and get a II?
It's a little interesting, but I think I'm going to answer it honestly.

Their secondary also asked me what population I grew up in, but I moved around my whole life to a lot of different sized communities. Wish they'd give me the option to elaborate instead of having to void the answer.

For some reason, I still have not received the secondary. OOS and stats are above median.

For some reason, I still have not received the secondary. OOS and stats are above median.

It’s still really early for this school! They only started reviewing primaries and sending secondaries recently so I’m sure they just haven’t gotten to you yet

I received an II after answering it honestly. Even put my stats DO school as one of them and they still gave me the II. I think most of my schools were urban environments, maybe that helped, not sure

how selective is KCU with giving out secondaries? Or is it just basic screening?

Hey everyone! 4th year here from the KC campus, did my rotations in Denver, and currently applying to IM. Happy to answer any and all questions

At what point should we reach out to the school about the secondary if we have not received one?

Does anyone know if they have a minimum GPA or screen based on GPA? I couldn't find anything on their website

Does anyone know if they have a minimum GPA or screen based on GPA? I couldn't find anything on their website
Lol Im think I might've been screened I submitted back in June

• Sad
What makes yall think you were screened? Just that you haven't gotten a secondary?