2022-2023 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have other people been receiving the secondary? I submitted in mid May and thought that KCU doesn't screen out before the supplemental?

Members don't see this ad.

Have other people been receiving the secondary? I submitted in mid May and thought that KCU doesn't screen out before the supplemental?
they do screen for metrics i think! look on their website maybe?

I am from Florida and haven't received secondary yet. MCAT 51* (mid-teens), GPA 3.7+ . Not sure metrics would have screened me out. They must be overwhelmed and send secondaries one by one. May be they screen out certain states?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know they screen for subsection? I have a really low CARS.... and have not received secondary from them yet!

Does anyone know they screen for subsection? I have a really low CARS.... and have not received secondary from them yet!
I just think they take a while to send secondaries, no need to worry yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Gave the admissions office a call and they said they haven’t even started looking at 2023 applications yet because they just did orientation for 2022, they’ll start to send stuff within the next few weeks

Reactions: 5 users
I am from Florida and haven't received secondary yet. MCAT 51* (mid-teens), GPA 3.7+ . Not sure metrics would have screened me out. They must be overwhelmed and send secondaries one by one. May be they screen out certain states?
M1 here and many of my classmates are from FL. No need to worry about which state you are from!

Reactions: 1 user
M1 here and many of my classmates are from FL. No need to worry about which state you are from!
Congrats on matriculating here. What are the incoming stats for this school like MCAT, GPA. How many are interviewed? Offered “A”, How many are waitlisted?

M1 here - although I have no idea if they do or do not, I can say I got in with a 121!

Congrats on matriculating here. What are the incoming stats for this school like MCAT, GPA. How many are interviewed? Offered “A”, How many are waitlisted?
Thank you! They haven't told us what the stats are for the c/o 2026 but here is a link for 2025.

Student Profile

I honestly have no idea how many II they sent out last year but if I am remembering correctly they interview 60 students on each of their interview days. I really feel like KCU is much more about fit than stats which is something I really love about this school!

The stats look impressive
MCAT Average: 507
Science GPA Average: 3.57
Cumulative GPA Average: 3.64

Thank you! They haven't told us what the stats are for the c/o 2026 but here is a link for 2025.

Student Profile

I honestly have no idea how many II they sent out last year but if I am remembering correctly they interview 60 students on each of their interview days. I really feel like KCU is much more about fit than stats which is something I really love about this school!
How are the interviews? Open file or closed file? General or MMI?

Members don't see this ad :)
How are the interviews? Open file or closed file? General or MMI?
As long as they haven't changed them, our interviews are 3 one-on-one 15 minute closed file interviews with faculty and administration within whatever campus you're interviewing in. It is pretty chill overall. Don't feel guilty for being nervous, everyone knows that the interview is super stressful on the applicant.

Just keep in mind where you interview doesn't mean you get automatically placed there, and we share the same faculty between both campuses as we are essentially the same school in two locations.

Reactions: 3 users
Are people still waiting on secondaries?

Reactions: 2 users
Prompts are all 2,500 Characters (~500 Words)...

What are you currently doing to maintain your academic knowledge?​

Describe a time when you had a personal failure. How did you move on from that experience?​

We are often too busy to plan future activities. Describe a time when you were so busy you had to react to situations rather than plan for them.​

I received an email saying they received my AACOMAS on 8/4 and then got the secondary on 8/5. Primary submitted early May.

Verified 6/6, no notification of app received or secondary yet. OOS.

I am guessing they are manually creating applicant IDs one by one and sending secondary out.

Current 1st year here - I think the class profile stats are deflated due to a significant portion of the class coming from the school's COB program. I believe you would need either a high MCAT, GPA, or both to have a shot here if you're just a normal applicant.

Current 1st year here - I think the class profile stats are deflated due to a significant portion of the class coming from the school's COB program. I believe you would need either a high MCAT, GPA, or both to have a shot here if you're just a normal applicant.
COB students have the same admission standards so I'm not sure this is true. I know quite a few COB students that had better stats than other admitted students and I know quite a few COB students did not get admitted. They are guaranteed an interview, not additional admissions considerations

Reactions: 1 users
COB students have the same admission standards so I'm not sure this is true. I know quite a few COB students that had better stats than other admitted students and I know quite a few COB students did not get admitted. They are guaranteed an interview, not additional admissions considerations

The average COB gpa is 3.22/3.05. It looks like the program is 33 credit hours. Even if you got a 4.0 in all those credits, your gpa is ~ 3.38. Do they make COB students retake the MCAT?

If the class average of 507 includes the COB students with supposedly lower MCAT that means applicants outside of the COB program will likely get to 510.

The average COB gpa is 3.22/3.05. It looks like the program is 33 credit hours. Even if you got a 4.0 in all those credits, your gpa is ~ 3.38. Do they make COB students retake the MCAT?
that's just the average GPA, not all COB students are gaining admission to the DO program. It is usually the above average students. I know several COB students that didn't gain admission and are retaking the MCAT to increase their chances

ppl waiting on secondaries and ppl getting interviews what is going ON

Reactions: 8 users
I'm applying to Joplin but still that's insane lmao