2022-2023 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on hold as well

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the question "describe how current issues regarding advocacy and social justice have impacted your motivation for medical school", are you guys mentioning specific issues or just keeping it general?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
any idea if it'll affect us negatively?
"To further enhance our holistic review process during the 2023 application cycle, we are recommending applicants take the AAMC PREviewTM Professional Readiness Exam. It is a situational judgment test assessing the pre-professional competencies that we believe are essential for success as a student and physician. We consider this score as just one part of our process. Again we are recommending not requiring the exam. If you choose not to take the exam, it does not affect your application."

If GW is your #1 top choice, it might be best to take the exam. But, I'm sure there are a group of applicants who will get admitted without taking it.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got placed on hold as well. Secondary submitted 7/10.

what does it say if you're on hold? mine says that it is complete and "has been reviewed by the admissions committee" with no decision. is that on hold?

• Hmm
Is there anyone that doesnt have hold in their application?

I don’t have a hold (I think)? Status still says “complete” on their portal, was complete 7/9

what does it say if you're on hold? mine says that it is complete and "has been reviewed by the admissions committee" with no decision. is that on hold?
The on hold notif in the portal explicitly states that your application has been reviewed and will be re-reviewed later on by the admissions committee

Did they send you an email to let you know u're on hold?
No email, you'll find it at the top of the portal.

"Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience."

Have people gotten interviews when being placed on hold? Or are most people rejected?

Have people gotten interviews when being placed on hold? Or are most people rejected?
GW's holds are true hold. They will frequently re-visit apps on hold and send out IIs. I am assuming this is due to having to balance out who to interview and such!

No email, you'll find it at the top of the portal.

"Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from August through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience."

Ah thank u. I just checked and I'm on hold as well .

AKJDFNSJKDN me too. Don't see anything and not sure if I need to be worried or relieved
Can’t guarantee you anything, but the posts I saw from last year showed the first batch of people who got IIs went straight from complete to interview invite without getting the hold notification, so it may be good news.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
currently on hold. OOS submitted/complete 07/16.

Can’t guarantee you anything, but the posts I saw from last year showed the first batch of people who got IIs went straight from complete to interview invite without getting the hold notification, so it may be good news.
tysm for sharing this, my heart can stop pounding out of my chest now <3

I hope they don't think I'm insane for logging into the portal every thirty minutes

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
On hold gang wya 😤😤

submitted first day and placed on hold sometime last week

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone placed on hold this cycle have an "under review" status beforehand? I'm still on complete and submitted 7/11. I'm wondering if this cycle we will go straight from complete to the outcome or not.

I am on complete and submitted 7/14.