2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still have not received a secondary. My amcas was verified 6/9.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What did you send them in your initial email? I was verified like a month ago. I have completed almost all of my secondaries but I still haven't received EVMS one so I'm very very confused. I didn't get any emails from them at all (none in the spam folder either)
I basically just asked them if they have any updates on my application. They didn't even respond lol just sent me the secondary

What did you send them in your initial email? I was verified like a month ago. I have completed almost all of my secondaries but I still haven't received EVMS one so I'm very very confused. I didn't get any emails from them at all (none in the spam folder either)
Still have not received a secondary. My amcas was verified 6/9.
Someone on Reddit contacted EVMS and the admissions office said that they are still processing all the primary applications so it might be sometime before everyone gets a secondary

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone on Reddit contacted EVMS and the admissions office said that they are still processing all the primary applications so it might be sometime before everyone gets a secondary
So I probably shouldn't email them? lol

OOS Secondary yesterday at noon. AMCAS Verified 7/9

Finally received complete email today after submitting secondary a couple weeks ago

Reactions: 2 users
For the “describe yourself and your medical career as you see it ten years from now”

Would it be okay to describe myself using non-medical experience first, and then weave it into a medical-related topic?

Idk I think I might sound stupid here… I was thinking about sharing a story about doing diy projects with my dad (problem solving stuff) and mention how this translated into discovering some of my interests in medicine

The other route I was gonna take was sharing a story about my grandfather and his knee surgeries. I gained an interest to work in geriatrics, etc etc

IS primary verified 7/5 and still haven't got a secondary lol at this point I don't think I will oh well

Members don't see this ad :)
My other diversity secondary responses have been based off my engineering background…do y’all think that fits in with what question 6 is asking or should I just leave it blank?
I was wondering this as well, my diversity is related to a hobby I excelled in but not sure if that fits with the question

I was wondering this as well, my diversity is related to a hobby I excelled in but not sure if that fits with the question
Yeah, I ended up leaving it blank. Maybe I should’ve tried to but I didn’t wanna force it.

I got an email that my application was on hold because of incomplete letters, but I have all of my letters? Not sure what to do

I got an email that my application was on hold because of incomplete letters, but I have all of my letters? Not sure what to do

Hey I had that too. I emailed them back with how my letters fit their requirements and then got the complete email in 12 hours

How many characters are y'all writing for the 10 years question?

Does anyone know what the screening is for them? I thought I would have passed it but maybe I didn't as a non-trad...

Does anyone know what the screening is for them? I thought I would have passed it but maybe I didn't as a non-trad...
MSAR says 502 for the MCAT, but nothing about GPA. I still haven't received a secondary either...

MSAR says 502 for the MCAT, but nothing about GPA. I still haven't received a secondary either...
Yeah I'm worried about the GPA side. Might shoot them an email mid next week if I don't hear anything.

Yeah I'm worried about the GPA side. Might shoot them an email mid next week if I don't hear anything.
I have a 3.1 and got their secondary. So if they do have a GPA screen, its pretty low

I heard it’s grades somewhat and ECs. Specifically service hours

I have a 3.1 and got their secondary. So if they do have a GPA screen, its pretty low
I should have passed this and the MCAT benchmark. Might just because I added them as a school fairly late. Thanks!

i still have not received a complete email and its been two weeks :((

I should have passed this and the MCAT benchmark. Might just because I added them as a school fairly late. Thanks!
i added them like 2-3 days ago and got the secondary today. maybe email them?

Just spoke with admissions and they told me I was under further review due to my GPA being "too low." Primary complete on 6/9. According to msar, they have accepted people with GPAs as low as 3.2c/3.0s OOS. My GPAs are much higher than that and my MCAT is near their average. Oh well, I guess. Maybe that gives some of you still waiting on a secondary some answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spoke with admissions and they told me I was under further review due to my GPA being "too low." I was complete on 6/9. According to msar, they have accepted people with GPAs as low as 3.2c/3.0s OOS. My GPAs are much higher than that and my MCAT is near their average. Oh well, I guess. Maybe that gives some of you still waiting on a secondary some answers.
You mean your primary was verified on 6/9?

Just spoke with admissions and they told me I was under further review due to my GPA being "too low." Primary complete on 6/9. According to msar, they have accepted people with GPAs as low as 3.2c/3.0s OOS. My GPAs are much higher than that and my MCAT is near their average. Oh well, I guess. Maybe that gives some of you still waiting on a secondary some answers.
But that answer doesn't explain anything even in your case. How is your GPA "too low" if it's well above than 3.2c/3.0s? My stats are 3.9/510 and I haven't received a secondary either. They responded to my email today saying my app is still under review.

But that answer doesn't explain anything even in your case. How is your GPA "too low" if it's well above than 3.2c/3.0s? My stats are 3.9/510 and I haven't received a secondary either. They responded to my email today saying my app is still under review.
I heard they have a service requirement like non clinical and clinical volunteering requirements, but not 100% positive

I heard they have a service requirement like non clinical and clinical volunteering requirements, but not 100% positive
I have literally no clinical volunteering; all of mine is paid and I got a secondary, and this dude's GPA is way better than mine.

I have plenty of both and still no secondary :unsure:

We have the same mcat but my GPA is in the 3.4s. I have plenty of service hours, paid clinical, and research hours. Perhaps the person I talked to was misinformed as I think it was just the front office. I didn’t ask any specifics about what was meant by “too low.” She said something about a SMP and I just stopped listening after that. Fingers crossed we both hear something soon!

Where does one see the status of the application ? Information such as whether it is in review etc?

after an eternity got their secondary today. IS and primary verified on 7/5

• Love
I think they might be short staffed, they responded to my update request saying they hadn’t reviewed my application yet. I was verified 6/9 and my scores are within their range. They said they would email when they have an update 🤞

hopefully you get a secondary!

you can see my abysmal stats in my signature, and i received one recently. OOS, verified 6/28

you can see my abysmal stats in my signature, and i received one recently. OOS, verified 6/28
Thanks! I’m thinking it’s likely that she misspoke. My stats are well within their ranges.

friend, this is anything but abysmal, this is a bada** redemption arc if anything, and if a school doesn't see it that way they can politefully kick rocks

What an obnoxious secondary to write, so long

Reactions: 2 users
Is it better to call or email? Or it doesn't really matter

Submitted but then belatedly realized that I didn't include my one future course on the prereqs...RIP