2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received OOS secondary today!

Members don't see this ad.

You do not have to use the full 2000 characters, but it would be a good idea to use more than half as long as what you are writing is not fluff.
2. What do you think you will like best about being a physician?

3. What do you think you will like least about being a physician?

^^^ Can I talk about multiple things I would like/dislike or only one thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
2. What do you think you will like best about being a physician?

3. What do you think you will like least about being a physician?

^^^ Can I talk about multiple things I would like/dislike or only one thing?
Try to stick with one if you can to better develop it. I think a couple related things or a general concept with a few, more specific things would be fine too.

Try to stick with one if you can to better develop it. I think a couple related things or a general concept with a few, more specific things would be fine too.
Alright makes sense, what are your thoughts on the 2000 char limit though? I was shooting for 1000 chars instead

IS and still haven’t received one.. I was verified on 6/10 not sure if they’re sending it in waves

Reactions: 1 users
You do not have to use the full 2000 characters, but it would be a good idea to use more than half as long as what you are writing is not fluff.
Thanks for advice! Can I apply this to all secondary essays (not having to fulfill complete character count but maybe more than half)

Thanks for advice! Can I apply this to all secondary essays (not having to fulfill complete character count but maybe more than half)
Yes, but for those that are 1000 characters max or less, most applicants will likely use up nearly all the characters available to them.

If I havent received a secondary at this point, does it mean I got screened down?

Marked as complete today, 7/27, submitted 7/22.

"Please note: We do not send application status updates. Moving forward you will ONLY be notified if you are invited to interview."

Members don't see this ad :)
I am just hoping EVMS is taking their time to go over our primaries right now. If they are manually filtering our apps, then the current silence would make sense. When I applied last time, I received secondary from EVMS with less volunteer hours, so hopefully I am not filtered out this cycle!

Anyone having trouble submitting the secondary? I’ve filled out all the essays; it keeps giving me an error message saying to contact support

Anyone having trouble submitting the secondary? I’ve filled out all the essays; it keeps giving me an error message saying to contact support
Happened to me, presumably because it timed out, so I saved everything on a word doc, relogged in (refresh wasn't enough) and did it again with success

Reactions: 1 user
Click on the second link they sent out with the corrected platform. I did the same thing. Whoops.

any OOS has not received a secondary?

I submitted like the 23rd and still have not received a complete email...anyone else?

I still not have received a secondary. I'm OOS and already sent an email but just curious if anyone else is in the same boat

Reactions: 2 users
I still not have received a secondary. I'm OOS and already sent an email but just curious if anyone else is in the same boat
same here. paid AMCAS a few weeks ago... OOS too. Did you send a follow-up email to EVMS?

Last edited:
same here. paid AMCAS around two weeks ago... OOS too. Did you send a follow up email to EVMS?
I submitted AMCAS on the first day so I'm not sure what's taking so long unless I got screened out. I did not send a follow-up but will prob do it either today or tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here. Verified 6/22 OOS and still haven't received anything.

You are saying that you submitted secondary and have not heard back?
I submitted a secondary and it said I would receive a complete email once all of my materials are in, which they are based on the rest of my schools, but I still haven’t received a complete email here.

I submitted AMCAS on the first day so I'm not sure what's taking so long unless I got screened out. I did not send a follow-up but will prob do it either today or tomorrow.
Did you follow up yet? I was thinking about emailing them

I can't imagine EVMS screening this many OOS apps unless their criteria got more strict this cycle....right? I rmbr ppl with low-ish volunteer hours get screend out, but even that wasn't prevalent.

I can't imagine EVMS screening this many OOS apps unless their criteria got more strict this cycle....right? I rmbr ppl with low-ish volunteer hours get screend out, but even that wasn't prevalent.
I don't mind if they are at least putting real effort in screening... save my time and money for another school

I don't mind if they are at least putting real effort in screening... save my time and money for another school
true, but I thought my app matched what EVMS looks for (heavy service), so it kinda stings ngl

Just got sent an email saying that my application is complete. Submitted 7/29

any ideas why I haven't received a complete email and who to contact? all my letters are in, I've completed each section on the portal...

Nope, gonna send a follow up right now
Literally 5 minutes after sending the follow up I received the secondary lol. I hope the email reminded them to send it and that I am not annoying them

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Literally 5 minutes after sending the follow up I received the secondary lol. I hope the email reminded them to send it and that I am not annoying them
imagine they just forgot to send a bunch of secondaries to applicants

It worked! Don't worry about how it may have come across. I am guessing the people who transact the emails are not the same people reviewing your app.

What did you send them in your initial email? I was verified like a month ago. I have completed almost all of my secondaries but I still haven't received EVMS one so I'm very very confused. I didn't get any emails from them at all (none in the spam folder either)