2021-2022 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there is a minimum MCAT/GPA they screen for before sending a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is a minimum MCAT/GPA they screen for before sending a secondary?
Not sure about GPA but their minimum MCAT is 490, though the average is much higher (~504)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any way to check the status of our application after we have sent in the secondary fee? Or do we just get email updates?

I just got the secondary fee submission!! My app was received on 6/25 and I'm OOS

Reactions: 1 users
Is there any way to check the status of our application after we have sent in the secondary fee? Or do we just get email updates?
I think for UNECOM it’ll be via email updates only. I was trying to figure that out yesterday as well.

I think for UNECOM it’ll be via email updates only. I was trying to figure that out yesterday as well.
Okay, that's what I was thinking just wanted to be positive! Good luck 😺

Just paid the secondary, Why they gotta say “congratulations, your deposit has been processed successfully! We look forward to seeing you on campus! In the meantime, please contact us at 800-477-4863 or e-mail [email protected] if you have any questions."

Like yeah, I hope you invite me to see you as well lol

Reactions: 3 users
Just paid the secondary, Why they gotta say “congratulations, your deposit has been processed successfully! We look forward to seeing you on campus! In the meantime, please contact us at 800-477-4863 or e-mail [email protected] if you have any questions."

Like yeah, I hope you invite me to see you as well lol
Lol, there was a school that processed the payment as a "donation". Bro, if I wanted to donate money somewhere it would not be for a secondary.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I received the email to pay the secondary fee!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still waiting on the secondary email? Or should I take the lack of follow up as a soft R? I received my primary confirmation email 6/25.

Edit: Received email on 7/19. OOS.

Last edited:
Anyone else still waiting on the secondary email? Or should I take the lack of follow up as a soft R? I received my primary confirmation email 6/25.
They seem to be going out in batches so I would still keep your hopes up!

Edit: Received email on 7/19. OOS.
Still waiting for secondary, primary confirmation email on 7/1.

I submitted my primary on 7/15. When should i expect an email for the secondary (payment) if Im going to be in the next batch?
Might be a while, I sent primary in on 6/28, verified receipt on the 29th, no secondary payment portal just yet. But they're making their way through it, last week they hit up to 6/25

primary app submitted 07/07. "Application Received" email received 07/12. Still waiting for the $55 email...

Does anyone know when UNECOM starts to send II’s?

I just toured the campus yesterday. IIS come out mid August, interviews in september.

Reactions: 6 users
I just toured the campus yesterday. IIS come out mid August, interviews in september.
Hopefully they can stay on schedule. I went through last years thread and oh boi it's a doozy- I think they went a bit stir crazy (they started talking about beers) cause the IIs got pushed back to the end of Sept.

It was really nice. But since they are building a whole new medical school in Portland, if you got in for 2022 then you'd only spend first year there in Biddeford then the rest in the new Portland building. But the Biddeford campus is right on the water, nice facilities, cool OMM lab, the donor lab hallway area is high school like with lockers. But study areas are very nice.
How was the campus?!

Reactions: 5 users
Received an email to pay the supplemental fee today. Primary submitted 7/13

Received an email to pay the supplemental fee today. Primary submitted 7/13
Oh man, I might have to call them and check, I submitted in late June and haven't had access to payment portal just yet.

Oh man, I might have to call them and check, I submitted in late June and haven't had access to payment portal just yet.
I submitted the primary app to them on 7/15 and got the payment fee on 7/30.
From talking to admission members there, they do screen the primary before seconding that fee mainly on stats and finishing the pre-req classes. Just keep in mind that there are only 2 people who screen apps: Christopher Tripp and Jaclyn Lingyak
You can email them at Office of Graduate Admissions – [email protected]

I received an email that my primary was received on 7/22 but still no word of a secondary yet :(

I received an email that my primary was received on 7/22 but still no word of a secondary yet :(
The "secondary" was the additional questions on the primary. They only send an email and ask you to pay the supplemental fee after receiving your primary. It took almost a month for me to get that email after my primary went through to them, so just be patient!

did anybody receive an email about Tips for Virtually Interviewing Webinar? my app was complete on 07/21. does that mean anything? or do they usually send this to everybody?

did anybody receive an email about Tips for Virtually Interviewing Webinar? my app was complete on 07/21. does that mean anything? or do they usually send this to everybody?
I just received this email too! It was right after the email to pay the supplementary fee

I got this too and got a little too excited at first, haha.

Sorry, my post from earlier was meant for another school.

I also got the email about Tips for Virtually Interviewing. I got my hopes up for a minute too lol

I thought I was gonna celebrate my first II lol

I still haven't received the secondary fee email. I submitted my primary first week of July. Should I be worried?

I still haven't received the secondary fee email. I submitted my primary first week of July. Should I be worried?
I submitted mine on 6/28 and received the fee on 7/21. I'd say to give it some time

got supplement fee today.

hi everyone! first time applicant here. submitted & verified AACOMAS app on 8/3, paid my secondary (8/5) and received the application complete email today (8/6). Just wanted to see if anyone could offer any insight to how long the review process takes? super nervous about getting a pre-II R and so a wee bit antsy. thanks!! :) best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!!

hi everyone! first time applicant here. submitted & verified AACOMAS app on 8/3, paid my secondary (8/5) and received the application complete email today (8/6). Just wanted to see if anyone could offer any insight to how long the review process takes? super nervous about getting a pre-II R and so a wee bit antsy. thanks!! :) best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!!
They haven't sent out II yet. Last year they did not till the end of September. This year they said want to start II in September so most likely they should start sending them out within the next few weeks.

Do we need to dress formally for the information session tomorrow about "how to virtual interview"