2021-2022 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the average turnaround for post-interview responses? It seems like actually 4-6 weeks.
Could be but this school is my top choice. I’m trying to stay positive, it’s a bit anxiety inducing to say the least. But I truly hope that we all get good news from this school. Let’s stay positive!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted. Interviewed early Jan.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email yesterday evening.
I’m so sorry, I was WL last year and know how you feel. I ended up getting in but it is a waiting game now, WL movement prob won’t happen until June-July ish, I got in the first week of June. Feel free to pm with questions or just for some encouragement! Keep your head up a WL isn’t a yes yet but it’s not a no either!

I just had my interview on 2/18 and my preference was the KC campus and maybe I'm being hard on myself but I feel like my interview just went ok. Would it be a bad idea to change my preference from KC to No Preference just in case I get a WL or R? My stats are 508 and 3.75. No DO shadowing.

I just had my interview on 2/18 and my preference was the KC campus and maybe I'm being hard on myself but I feel like my interview just went ok. Would it be a bad idea to change my preference from KC to No Preference just in case I get a WL or R? My stats are 508 and 3.75. No DO shadowing.
can't change your preference post interview

Has anybody who interviewed 1/19 heard anything yet?
Interviewed 1/19 as well and haven't heard anything back either. I was reading through the Joplin thread and some people who interviewed 1/11 heard back last Thursday (02/17), so my guess is that we'll hear back by the end of this week up until next week. This waiting game with KCU is killing me bc its my #1 choice right now :(

Interviewed 1/19 as well and haven't heard anything back either. I was reading through the Joplin thread and some people who interviewed 1/11 heard back last Thursday (02/17), so my guess is that we'll hear back by the end of this week up until next week. This waiting game with KCU is killing me bc its my #1 choice right now :(
Same here. 1/11 was on a Tuesday & decisions came out last Thursday. If it follows…we’ll hear Friday?? 🥴 ik this is neurotic & speculative but it’s killing me too lol

for those of you attending KCU, there is a matriculation fee that is 1K that is due on March 1st. Is this binding? I hear back from my state school in the next two weeks which would be my first choice, so I want to make sure I still have the option to back out of KCU if needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you attending KCU, there is a matriculation fee that is 1K that is due on March 1st. Is this binding? I hear back from my state school in the next two weeks which would be my first choice, so I want to make sure I still have the option to back out of KCU if needed.
To my knowledge its not binding

It's not binding but you won't get your $ back if you decide to go elsewhere.

Same here. 1/11 was on a Tuesday & decisions came out last Thursday. If it follows…we’ll hear Friday?? 🥴 ik this is neurotic & speculative but it’s killing me too lol
Anyone heard anything back? I interviewed on Jan 25th and I keep checking my workday account every few hours. The anxiety is just through the roof atm.

Anyone heard anything back? I interviewed on Jan 25th and I keep checking my workday account every few hours. The anxiety is just through the roof atm.
meeee but I interviewed on 02/04. LOL

Did you get an email or did your workday portal change?
I meant "meeee" in the sense that I keep on checking even tho I interviewed later. No news for me yet lol

sorry for the confusion

Kind of getting anxious with the timeframe that they release admissions decisions. I received an A from PCOM yesterday. I have to accept and submit the first deposit by 03/09. My interview with KCU was on 02/08. Trying to make an informed decision b/c I really love KCU but they're really forcing my hand here.

Nope I interviewed 1/19 and haven't heard anything, I'm guessing I will tomorrow or next week based on previous timelines

Kind of getting anxious with the timeframe that they release admissions decisions. I received an A from PCOM yesterday. I have to accept and submit the first deposit by 03/09. My interview with KCU was on 02/08. Trying to make an informed decision b/c I really love KCU but they're really forcing my hand here.
It's unfortunately what it is. It sucks. Back when I applied, I paid a deposit to another school the day before getting my KCU acceptance. It sucks but it's part of the process unfortunately. I hope you somehow hear from KCU before the deposit is due!

Reactions: 1 users
It's unfortunately what it is. It sucks. Back when I applied, I paid a deposit to another school the day before getting my KCU acceptance. It sucks but it's part of the process unfortunately. I hope you somehow hear from KCU before the deposit is due!
I also had to deposit $1k at another school and lost that deposit.

PCOM is a good school also.

Currently freaking out and super anxious today because, based on the timeline for decisions, I should be hearing back today or possibly next week if admissions are really behind (interviewed 01/19). I'm trying to calm my nerves but every 2 minutes I keep checking my email and workday and there's nothing new ://

Currently freaking out and super anxious today because, based on the timeline for decisions, I should be hearing back today or possibly next week if admissions are really behind (interviewed 01/19). I'm trying to calm my nerves but every 2 minutes I keep checking my email and workday and there's nothing new ://
Try to distract yourself! Go on a walk, hang out with friends, talk to people! And tell yourself that you won’t hear back today so you’re not as fixated on it, and if you do, then that’s a nice surprise! I’ve been waiting since November to hear back from lecom post-II and have just come to terms that when I hear I hear

I’m hoping I hear from them soon. PCOM is a great school and it’s close to home so I wouldn’t be disappointed. I just want to make the best & informed decision. Good thing is PCOM’s 1st deposit is only $250 by 3/9/22.

I’m hoping I hear from them soon. PCOM is a great school and it’s close to home so I wouldn’t be disappointed. I just want to make the best & informed decision. Good thing is PCOM’s 1st deposit is only $250 by 3/9/22.
So not trying to convince you one way or another but PCOM-PA is the only DO school I would have gone to over KCU. I’m still happy as a student here, but PCOM is a good school. Check out this post I made if you haven’t already 2021-2022 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

Reactions: 2 users
I feel you I interviewed on 01/25th and I'm so nervous too! I think the worst part is having no control over this because we did the interview and now it's just a waiting game and there is nothing we can do to affect the timeline. Like mountainmama820 said I think the best thing is just to distract yourself but I get it, it's easier said than done. Just know there are other people in the same boat as you, unsure if that actually helps but hey at least you know that you are not the only one feeling this way.

So I called them this morning because the anxiety has just heightened to new levels and they said that it's been taking the full 6 weeks so I (who interviewed on Jan 25th) should hear back either at the end of this week or early next week.

So I called them this morning because the anxiety has just heightened to new levels and they said that it's been taking the full 6 weeks so I (who interviewed on Jan 25th) should hear back either at the end of this week or early next week.
lort have mercy

• Haha
Well 1/11 interview date heard back 02/17 which is just over 5 weeks. But I interviewed 1/19 and still haven't heard anything and 6 weeks will be this Wednesday. The wait is slowly killing me... but here's hoping that we hear today!

Reactions: 2 users
Well 1/11 interview date heard back 02/17 which is just over 5 weeks. But I interviewed 1/19 and still haven't heard anything and 6 weeks will be this Wednesday. The wait is slowly killing me... but here's hoping that we hear today!
Same here, interviewed 1/19 and haven't heard anything either. The wait was killing me last Friday thinking I'd hear back by then, but now my anxiety is through the roof today lmao

• Care
wow...... I interviewed on 2/1 so I probably have 2 more weeks to go. FUUUUU

Oh well damn I'm definitely not hearing back before I make my first deposit to PCOM.

thank you for doing the painful stuff for us. That is truly an absurd turnaround time post-interview. Really wonder what their process is like.

Also, does anyone know if we get an email if there's been any updates on our Workday account?

Also, does anyone know if we get an email if there's been any updates on our Workday account?
We don't get an email but they will email you your decision. However from past posts it seems like it comes up on your workday first if you're accepted, you just have to keep checking.

6 weeks today... has anyone from 1/19 heard anything?

Has anyone tried contacting them? Because I remember that during the post-interview presentation they told us to contact them if we don't hear back by 6 weeks.

Has anyone tried contacting them? Because I remember that during the post-interview presentation they told us to contact them if we don't hear back by 6 weeks.
I will call tomorrow morning if I don't hear anything by this evening.

You’ll probably hear back tomorrow evening. I noticed a pattern of people hearing back on thursdays. I interviewed mid December and heard back exactly 6 weeks after (on a Thursday lol)

I got an email last night from admissions at 6p on the dot so obviously I freaked out when I saw it pop up on my phone. Opened it up with my hands shaking just for it to be a reminder about sending updated transcripts when my course finished 😑 what kind of sick joke lol

Those who interviewed on 1/11 got their decisions on Thursday 2/17 so maybe @Colsophys is onto something about the "Thursday trend" lmao