2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@futuremed2727 Congratulations. Did you send your primary to VCOM LA?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody who was accepted still finishing up prerequisites? I’m nervous about the policy that grades of a B- or lower for courses taken post interview go under committee review… Didn’t do so well on an exam yesterday and stressed

Anybody who was accepted still finishing up prerequisites? I’m nervous about the policy that grades of a B- or lower for courses taken post interview go under committee review… Didn’t do so well on an exam yesterday and stressed
what pre-req class are you still taking?

I was thinking the same thing. I just received a secondary from them a couple of days ago. I am from TX, so it might be targeted recruiting 🤷🏼‍♂️
What do you mean by targeted recruiting? I received a late secondary too and submitted it on 2/16, do you think that is too late?

I submitted my primary in June and they never even sent me a secondary. They just rejected me now.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
What do you mean by targeted recruiting? I received a late secondary too and submitted it on 2/16, do you think that is too late?
The Louisiana campus recruits in TX heavily. I submitted my primary back in June and received a secondary invite last Friday. This is after receiving emails hinting that my stats were too low for consideration. Then I started receiving emails asking me to participate in TX student events. I submitted my secondary last night. Their website states that they interview into April, so I don’t think it’s too late.

I received an interview invite and my interview is this upcoming Monday. Any tips? Kind of nervous and excited.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got it this morning. Do you have any advice or tips about the interview?
Be yourself! They were so kind & conversational. They loved hearing everyone’s unique stories and seeing who you truly are. They were the kindest interviewers I’ve ever seen. Definitely eased the nervousness. It’s open file so know your application very well and practice typical interview questions. You got this!

Reactions: 2 users
Current OMS-1 at the LA campus if anyone has questions! feel free to PM or comment.
Hi! I have some questions if you don’t mind

1) Do you like how your curriculum is set up, i.e. exam schedule?
2). How are 3rd/4th year rotations provided? Lottery/ranking?
3) Do you have any concerns about the new accreditation status “accredited with heightened monitoring” or do you feel that VCOM will handle it just fine?

Thanks so much!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know the format of the interview (is it MMI? Is there a group activity?) I love this school, very excited to meet them!!

Anyone know the format of the interview (is it MMI? Is there a group activity?) I love this school, very excited to meet them!!
I had 3 one on one interviews with faculty/staff. I had a group presentation about the school itself and a group Q&A with current students.

I had 3 one on one interviews with faculty/staff. I had a group presentation about the school itself and a group Q&A with current students.
Thanks for the feedback. How long was each one on one interview? Did you enjoy your interview experience there?

my application was finally marked complete today, how long after this will it take them to review my app and potentially offer me an interview?

my application was finally marked complete today, how long after this will it take them to review my app and potentially offer me an interview?
For me it took several months lol. For others, not so long. I would recommend attending their recruitment events and then email them to check the status of your app

I got accepted. I am now looking into housing. Does anyone know any good apartments in the area?TIA.

Thank you.
I just visited for accepted students day today and I can recommend Creel Properties and Park Place. In the presentation they said they’d be posting the PowerPoint with recommended living on the Facebook group with a lot more options.

Reactions: 2 users
I just visited for accepted students day today and I can recommend Creel Properties and Park Place. In the presentation they said they’d be posting the PowerPoint with recommended living on the Facebook group with a lot more options.
Ok thank you. I wasn't able to attend.

Ok thank you. I wasn't able to attend.
I live at Creel Properties (Ryan Manor- they also have Stadium Place and Heritage Court) and I really like it! We have people in our class at Signature Place, Park Place, and the Reserve. I believe the school will be sending out some housing info to accepted students soon!

Hoping to hear back good news after my interview!! I loved the students I spoke with and the interviewers. Overall great experience, and the admissions coordinators were SO nice

• Love
Hoping to hear back good news after my interview!! I loved the students I spoke with and the interviewers. Overall great experience, and the admissions coordinators were SO nice
Wishing you all the luck.

• Love
Anyone happen to know about how many interviews the conduct each year or what post interview acceptance rate is?

Hi! Could someone please share the link for the class group? Is it Facebook or GroupMe? Thanks!

Did anyone hear any good leads for housing in Monroe?
Not yet but I’m going there next weekend and I’m looking around for apartments. I’ll message you if I find anything good

I would check out Creel Properties and Signature Place. Call ahead and see if you can book a tour!

The reserve rent is apparently going up quite a bit and some people are moving out of there.

Other people also live at Park Place.

Make sure to tell them your a VCOM student and lots of places will waive the application fee.

Waitlisted today unfortunately. Hopefully movement happens, would love to attend here! Interviewed 4/19 so pretty quick turnaround.

• Care
I have my interview this Thursday. I don’t think I’ve received an email with my itinerary. I know the schedule and all, but are we not supposed to receive an email with who will interview us? That way we can look them up and better prepare?

I have my interview this Thursday. I don’t think I’ve received an email with my itinerary. I know the schedule and all, but are we not supposed to receive an email with who will interview us? That way we can look them up and better prepare?
I interviewed on a Monday a couple months ago and I received interviewer info on Friday before the interview. So it might be Tuesday/Wednesday for u. Good luck!!

Yes, you should receive it before you interview! Just don't rely too heavily on knowing your interviewer! Mine changed last minute and I didn't find out until midway through my interview day who my new interviewer was going to be (this was when COVID was really bad still and that is why). It all turned out fine, but I definitely was banking on knowing who my interviewers were and it really gave me so much anxiety the day of when that changed.

My interview was 5/5 and just got an email stating got waitlisted. Any experience with getting off the waitlist?

Hello, newly accepted here! Is anyone looking to have a roommate? Pls pm me! Also I'm unable to join the groupme, need help!

My interview was 5/5 and just got an email stating got waitlisted. Any experience with getting off the waitlist?
I am waitlisted as well. I've been doing so much research to try and find how big the VCOM-monroe waitlist movement is but I haven't been able to find anything. Wishing you the best of luck.

I am waitlisted as well. I've been doing so much research to try and find how big the VCOM-monroe waitlist movement is but I haven't been able to find anything. Wishing you the best of luck.
When was your interview date?