2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email yesterday morning with the details! It was titled “REMINDER: LECOM Erie Information Session”. Maybe check spam?
What are you saying my guy lol, we are talking about Alabama

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm a current first year at ACOM and the curriculum hasn't completely taken all of my spare time, so feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have about the school or interviews. Congratulations to those with interviews, and good luck to all applying this year!

Anyone know the post-II acceptance rate? Interview's getting real and I'm getting nervous!
They had 5,925 applications for the Class of 2025, interviewed roughly 700-800, and accepted roughly 400-450 for 210 seats. So, post-interview acceptance is approx. 50-60%?

These are the numbers they told us during Orientation, but they haven't released the official totals yet. Good luck!

They had 5,925 applications for the Class of 2025, interviewed roughly 700-800, and accepted roughly 400-450 for 210 seats. So, post-interview acceptance is approx. 50-60%?

These are the numbers they told us during Orientation, but they haven't released the official totals yet. Good luck!

Awesome, thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyones portal not complete? Mine says 50%. My letters of recs should have been sent out through the AACOMAS app but its still saying I need:

Physician Letter
Committee/PreHealth Advisor Letter
Science Letter 1
Science Letter 2

I just submitted my secondary so will they process it once they see the secondary?

Submitted my secondary on 7/7 but haven't heard back yet regarding interviews, etc, anyone has an idea on my chances of getting one?

GPA: 3.48
MCAT: 510
Casper: 75-100th percentile
Good recs, good service, I think I wrote decent supplements

Also, does anybody have a link to the portal where we can check our submission updates? Just want to double check I have everything. The "discover.acom" link just takes me to an inquiry form. Thanks!

Submitted my secondary on 7/7 but haven't heard back yet regarding interviews, etc, anyone has an idea on my chances of getting one?

Also, does anybody have a link to the portal where we can check our submission updates? Just want to double check I have everything. The "discover.acom" link just takes me to an inquiry form. Thanks!
The original supplemental application email has the correct link for the portal. Fond that email, click the supplemental application button, and login to your portal.

First, great scores. I take my Casper tomorrow and I am extremely nervous.

The link to the proper portal should follow this format

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received, cGPA: 3.57, MCAT: 511, CASPER: 1-25th

Edit: I'm having trouble scheduling my interview date; I have waited about an hour since I received the message and I can't seem to find the option to do this on the micro-site?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II received, cGPA: 3.57, MCAT: 511, CASPER: 1-25th

Edit: I'm having trouble scheduling my interview date; I have waited about an hour since I received the message and I can't seem to find the option to do this on the micro-site?
I was having the same issue. MIne popped up randomly later in the day, try clearing your cookies and stuff.

Anyone know how to submit official MCAT scores? I released my MCAT score to AACOMAS weeks ago but my portal is saying it's not there yet?

II recieved, secondary sumitted July 8th.
Super excited and nervous, anyone who has interviewed there have any advice?

I was around that time too. Were you ever on the interview waitlist?
I only recieved an email regarding the II and how to schedule it.

*Edit* I Forgot to mention I did recieve an email on July 28th stating my application was marked complete and under review

Do I have to do anything? Its been like this for a while. All my letters should have came in through AACOMAS.

1627656170932.png

Come on take me off interview waitlist… move

Interviewed and have nothing but positive things to say about this school. Incredibly kind interviewers who truly just wanted to get to know me and have a conversation. Please don't ask me specific questions about what they asked -- I wouldn't want to share anything beyond what the school wants interviewees to, but some basic advice is to know yourself and your app inside out, and try to genuinely connect with the interviewers, because that's what they're wanting to do as well!

• Dislike
Reactions: 9 users
This has maybe already been asked but approx. how long did people wait between submitting their secondary and being marked complete on the portal?
It took mine about 2 weeks
Interviewed and have nothing but positive things to say about this school. Incredibly kind interviewers who truly just wanted to get to know me and have a conversation. Please don't ask me specific questions about what they asked -- I wouldn't want to share anything beyond what the school wants interviewees to, but some basic advice is to know yourself and your app inside out, and try to genuinely connect with the interviewers, because that's what they're wanting to do as well!
^ I second this! Everyone was very friendly; they really just want to get to know you as a person!

Anybody also unable to join the student ambassador zoom session today?

Thats wonderful to hear!

I interview today, I'll let you know how it goes :) Congrats on the II!!
@Catlinflower Update: LOVED my interview/the entire day. I second what everyone else said, just be yourself. Know your application well/your motivation for wanting to be an osteopathic physician. Everyone is so genuine and nice, you're going to do awesome! Good luck!

Current ACOM student here, if you have any questions.

Some people are in a beta test group that gets a quartile score. It’s random and not everyone is in it
Everyone gets it this year, the beta test was for last year I think

Just got pulled off the interview waitlist! There’s hope :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got my complete email. Now we wait! Should've submitted earlier but life got hectic as heck. (Edit: super low stats compared to everyone else here, just have good experiences I guess at the least)