2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry this is a little off topic but is anyone still waiting for their LOR to be marked as complete?
I am! I submitted last week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine were marked completed today, however, my CASPer test is still pending... scheduled to take it July 29.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m back boys !!! Got my issues fixed. Now let’s manifest some IIs next week

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
For the people who have all LORs and CASPer in, does your status say “received supplemental application?” Or does it say complete? Because I never got notified that it was complete, but it says 100%.

For the people who have all LORs and CASPer in, does your status say “received supplemental application?” Or does it say complete? Because I never got notified that it was complete, but it says 100%.

My status says received supplemental app, but I also have it 100% completed on the checklist

just got an email saying my supplemental app was received, i submitted my secondary on 6/29

I know ACOM says a sgpa of 3.3 is competitive. Does anyone know if they have given IIs to people with stats lower than this in the past?

Last edited:
I know ACOM says a sgpa of 3.3 is competitive. Does anyone know if they have given IIs to people with stats lower than this in the past?
I’m a reapplication. I got on a pre-II due to gpa last time I applied. They stated this in the generic email I received.
The admissions process is competitive, and a higher grade point average (above 3.40) results in improved chances for an interview. A competitive MCAT score usually begins at 500 (25 on old exam); however the MCAT is weighed in connection with GPA and personal qualities.
Thankfully I now have the required gpa

Reactions: 1 users
+1 I have a lower GPA (3.2x) with strong upward trend so I'm hoping they'll look at me holistically.

I’m a reapplication. I got on a pre-II due to gpa last time I applied. They stated this in the generic email I received.

Thankfully I now have the required gpa
Ok, thank you! Was this both your sgpa and cgpa, or just one of the two?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today!! First interview of the cycle!

II!! Is anyone able to schedule the interview? Mine is still blank

Congrats to all with II! Stats for those who received one if I may ask?

Does anyone have any info on whether interviews will be virtual this cycle, since we can't access the portal yet?

Congratulations everyone! When were you all completed by?

First II of the cycle! 508 MCAT, 3.5 sGPA. Still having trouble accessing the interview calendar as others have pointed out as well.

does acom give out holds or anything? For the ones that didn’t get a II today and are complete

does acom give out holds or anything? For the ones that didn’t get a II today and are complete
That’s what I’m wondering 🙃 I have a <3.2 sgpa and wondering if that was the issue. Was hoping at least for a hold.

I did not receive a hold but they said the majority of interviews go out in August I think they are just interviewing high stat people right now

Reactions: 2 users
how long did it take for everyone to receive a secondary? I submitted my primary on 7/5 and I'm still waiting

any way we can figure out the status of our application/if we are under review or not? the website only says "supplemental received" for me.

Is this a school that usually interviews higher stat applicants first, like LECOM?

any way we can figure out the status of our application/if we are under review or not? the website only says "supplemental received" for me.
that means they reviewed it and haven't viewed it yet. they want to atleast give a first pass before they change the status
Is this a school that usually interviews higher stat applicants first, like LECOM?
Most schools do it this way.

Thought my app was complete, but unfortunately Casper is not in yet :/ how long did it take for ya'll to get that test in (3rd time i've taken it, still can't time it early)

Status changed to interview waitlist- hold. Anyone have experience with this, is it a good sign? Or are these holds hard to get out of

Status changed to interview waitlist- hold. Anyone have experience with this, is it a good sign? Or are these holds hard to get out of
Kinda like a pre-rejection. They want to see better applicants first. But hang in there better than an outright rejection!!!

My supplemental was submitted July 8th, but when I try to login to the discover.acom mini site to view my application status, I am being redirected to an inquiry form. Is anyone else having this issue?

My supplemental was submitted July 8th, but when I try to login to the discover.acom mini site to view my application status, I am being redirected to an inquiry form. Is anyone else having this issue?
My application page still works.

Yes sorry disregard. I was using the wrong link.

Interview Waitlist - Hold for me as well. I am pretty sure this means that they're just interviewing others first. According to last years thread people got off later in the cycle... can someone confirm if I am wrong?

Interview Waitlist - Hold for me as well. I am pretty sure this means that they're just interviewing others first. According to last years thread people got off later in the cycle... can someone confirm if I am wrong?
Every cycle is different but I am sure there is a chance!

I called to confirm. They literarily said that all that means is that youre on the waitlist for them to reach out to you. They said almost everyone gets put on that considering most interviews do not go out till August. Not a good or bad thing.

Reactions: 2 users
I called to confirm. They literarily said that all that means is that youre on the waitlist for them to reach out to you. They said almost everyone gets put on that considering most interviews do not go out till August. Not a good or bad thing.
Did you ever get a complete email before your status changed?

no was I supposed to? my portal has been complete for a while
Idk, I got an email today saying my application was complete and they’d let me know if I got an interview, it was weird because I submitted on June 29.

Update: status on page says “complete and in review”

Last edited: