2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Portals are back up btw, I’m hoping at least some of us have a status change- mine stills is the same unfortunately (info session was in Jan) any Jan peeps have their status changed?

Accepted and sent my deposit today! Also I did terrible with my video interview, so there's that.
Congratulations: Prior to your A: Did you receive a message that the decision committee has made a decision on your application and that you will receive a mail within two weeks ?

Regards

Accepted and sent my deposit today! Also I did terrible with my video interview, so there's that.
Congratulations.
Prior to your A: Did you receive a message that the decision committee has made a decision on your application and that you will receive a mail within two weeks ?

Regards
I interviewed 7/31 and I believe the letter was dated 10/3. Ultimately I got more acceptances and the HPSP, and decided to go out of state. Also not sure how I felt about the PBL thing. I had 3.87 and 32 the first time I applied. What ended up making the difference was earning experiences in the field and applying early.
Congratulations again.
Prior to your A at Lecom: Did you receive a message that the decision committee has made a decision on your application and that you will receive a mail within two weeks ?

Regards

Congratulations.
Prior to your A: Did you receive a message that the decision committee has made a decision on your application and that you will receive a mail within two weeks ?

Regards

Congratulations again.
Prior to your A at Lecom: Did you receive a message that the decision committee has made a decision on your application and that you will receive a mail within two weeks ?

Regards
Idr about the two weeks thing but they did say something along those lines.

Is it a message they send to everyone (A, WL and R)?

I’m in their masters program so I can’t speak for traditional applicants. Some people get 30 days, others get 14 days (I got this). I don’t think there is much of a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the letter in the mail, accepted. Info session on 9/11.
Congratulations.
Prior to the acceptance letter, did you receive a message saying that a decision has been made on your application and that you will receive a mail within two weeks?

Congratulations.
Prior to the acceptance letter, did you receive a message saying that a decision has been made on your application and that you will receive a mail within two weeks?
Everyone gets this no matter their decision (A, WL, post-II rejection). All decisions come in the mail besides pre-II rejections.

Everyone gets this no matter their decision (A, WL, post-II rejection). All decisions come in the mail besides pre-II rejections.
Yeah, its kinda just an update on your portal so you know your decision letter (no matter W,R, or A) is coming and to look out for it.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, its kinda just an update on your portal so you know your decision letter (no matter W,R, or A) is coming and to look out for it.
Thank you.
In parallel to the letter. Do they send an email or update your status online? (The question is what if something happens to the letter?
While typing the question :) it came to my mind that since they warned us about the letter, we can call and ask if we don't receive it :)

Thank you.
In parallel to the letter. Do they send an email or update your status online? (The question is what if something happens to the letter?
While typing the question :) it came to my mind that since they warned us about the letter, we can call and ask if we don't receive it :)
no they don't send you an email and i don't know when they will eventually update the portal but i think you will def receive the letter before the portal will say the decision (if it even will).

no they don't send you an email and i don't know when they will eventually update the portal but i think you will def receive the letter before the portal will say the decision (if it even will).

Once you pay the matriculation fee, the portal will change post acceptance

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, has anyone received any II lately? My portal has been complete since September and I haven't heard anything/my portal hasn't changed

Can any current students speak on the quality of LECOM's rotations? Also, if we're able to stay in Florida or if there's a significant chance we might have to move states?

Hi, for anyone that II recently. was the II in person because I received an email stating it is an in-person II?

Hi Everyone,
I submitted my primary to LECOM Bradenton super late (mid February) because I did not realize that I liked the PBL learning pathway until after my LECOM Erie interview and learning more about schools while going throughout the application process in general. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the best way to show strong interest in the school (other than a letter of intent)?
I thought about contacting the admissions office via phone or email but then realized that may come across self-absorbed or like I am asking for exceptions. I know they are swarmed with tons of applications and want to be respectful. It may be hopeless at this point but I want to do what I can. Thanks so much! :)

Accepted 03/01! When does LECOM start? I can’t find It online and It wasn’t in my letter

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted 03/01! When does LECOM start? I can’t find It online and It wasn’t in my letter

Congrats! When you pay the deposit, you’ll get a matriculation packet. We start July 26th I believe

My portal just updated today saying a decision has been made, info session 1/29. For those that received the letter already, about how long did it take to get delivered? I live in Tampa so hoping I don't have to wait another excruciating 14 days for the letter 😂

My portal just updated today saying a decision has been made, info session 1/29. For those that received the letter already, about how long did it take to get delivered? I live in Tampa so hoping I don't have to wait another excruciating 14 days for the letter

2 days to Miami, and you’re much closer. Good luck!!

can anyone who received the matriculation packet already tell me the due date of the drug test/ background check please?

can anyone who received the matriculation packet already tell me the due date of the drug test/ background check please?

At least for me, I had 1 month from when they received the deposit to turn in the entire packet.

Just to put some people's minds at ease who are on the waitlist or waiting to hear back, I was rejected after my interview so I think you all are in a good spot people just aren't posting about being rejected! Thankfully I have another acceptance, but was looking forward to Bradenton because it's close to my hometown

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! Did this include the doctors physical and everything too?

I think it’s 1 month for everything including vaccines, titers, ppd, physical, etc. However I’m in their masters so I don’t know if that changes my timeline. I doubt it though!

Has anyone that applied without MCAT and just Academic Index Score gotten accepted?

Are there any current students that could PM me?? I had a few questions about the school and rotations :) thanks!

Are there any current F1 students who could answer some questions?

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything from LECOM and I submitted my secondary at the end of August. Has anyone else not heard anything from LECOM since applying?

Reactions: 4 users
I haven't heard anything from LECOM and I submitted my secondary at the end of August. Has anyone else not heard anything from LECOM since applying?
not sure if this helps but in the information session I just had they seemed very receptive to communication in the form of emails, update letters, letters of interest etc.

I submitted my secondary back in November. I contacted them about an update and whether I would need to provide any additional info. They just said that my application was still being reviewed :'(

not sure if this helps but in the information session I just had they seemed very receptive to communication in the form of emails, update letters, letters of interest etc.
Yes, that helps. Though, I didn't think I could submit a letter of interest if I was not already on their waitlist.

I submitted my secondary back in November. I contacted them about an update and whether I would need to provide any additional info. They just said that my application was still being reviewed :'(
At least you didn't interview on October 30 and get ghosted ever since :lol:

Reactions: 3 users
I just turned in my interview video submissions, and frankly, I did terribly and could barely put together my answers for any of the questions although I prepared extensively (studied all of the wrong interview questions, I suppose). I was right at the 30-day mark (II on Feb. 12th but didn't see the email until last week) and have my info session scheduled on the 26th. Hopefully, everything works out! I actually reached out to Mr. Shively about all of this and inquired whether such a late submission would jeopardize my chances of admission, but he was so understanding and such a sweetheart and just told me to be myself and do my best. I already have very good impressions of the school at this point. I believe I would have done better with the in-person or Zoom interviews, as I was a nervous wreck with this one.