2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II on the portal!

Reactions: 3 users
After submitting your secondary application how long did it take for you guys to hear back? I submitted mine 16 days ago and still haven't heard back. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
After submitting your secondary application how long did it take for you guys to hear back? I submitted mine 16 days ago and still haven't heard back. Thanks.
I submitted on July 21st and wasn't marked complete until August 18th.

Reactions: 1 user
Omg!! If VCOM sends me ONE MORE EMAIL that says "You are invited," and it's NOT for an interview, I'm going to pull out all my hair! Just got the email for a virtual open house on 10/23...

Reactions: 1 users
Omg!! If VCOM sends me ONE MORE EMAIL that says "You are invited," and it's NOT for an interview, I'm going to pull out all my hair! Just got the email for a virtual open house on 10/23...

Have you been checking your portal? I never got an email for an II but when I checked my portal there was an interview tab the other day!

has anyone with an acceptance here received their package in the mail yet?

Just received an email to attend a session about VCOM Louisiana on October 1st... do y’all think the admissions team actually sees who signs up? I’ve signed up for every one and went to the sessions but no interview invite yet..

• Hmm
Just received an email to attend a session about VCOM Louisiana on October 1st... do y’all think the admissions team actually sees who signs up? I’ve signed up for every one and went to the sessions but no interview invite yet..
I really feel like these are not relevant to getting an invite, but I may be wrong.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
I really feel like these are not relevant to getting an invite, but I may be wrong.
I don’t think so either.. but I wish they could take the hint that I would like to go to VCOM haha

• Care
  • Haha
Idk about VCOM but I had an interview the day of a welcome session for another school and ended up only doing my interview and I still got accepted. N = 1 but I honestly don’t think it matters unless they let it be known it does.

W
Idk about VCOM but I had an interview the day of a welcome session for another school and ended up only doing my interview and I still got accepted. N = 1 but I honestly don’t think it matters unless they let it be known it does.
What does "N = 1" mean?

W

What does "N = 1" mean?
"N = 1" means the statistical sample size = 1 sample. It is usually said in reference to there not being enough information to draw a statistically sound conclusion.

Anyone who has already interviewed here, when did you receive your zoom link? Mine is on Tuesday and I still have not received it

Anyone who has already interviewed here, when did you receive your zoom link? Mine is on Tuesday and I still have not received it
My interview was September 10th and I got the email September 6th.

My interview was September 10th and I got the email September 6th.

Thank you! I will contact them Monday morning to check in. Appreciate your response!

Hey guys! Can anyone that has already interviewed tell me about the interview format? Thank you!
I interviewed here on 9/22. You start the day off with an introduction and overview. Then you will have 3 interviews with 3 different people, each lasts about 25 minutes (open file). You then get more info on fin aid and student health to end the day.

Reactions: 2 users
It has been 4 weeks since I submitted my secondary application and still haven't received an update about the status of it. Should I wait a few more days before emailing them?

Accepted!!!! Got the call this morning :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted phone call this morning as well!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations to all the applicants who have received acceptance offers so far! You guys will do great at whichever school you commit!

does anyone know the chance of being accepted after being interviewed? A lot of people seem to get accepted after their interviews which seems promising!

So can anyone comment on the safety of the city? I’ve read a lot of things about how dangerous the city is (nothing bad about the school). Any thoughts?

So can anyone comment on the safety of the city? I’ve read a lot of things about how dangerous the city is (nothing bad about the school). Any thoughts?
I'm an OMS1 at VCOM-LA. Feel free to send me any questions you might have.

I'm an OMS1 at VCOM-LA. Feel free to send me any questions you might have.

I also wanted to PM you but that feature is unavailable--it seems like your account is limited?

My questions are:
1-What kind of stats were you working with when you applied and what was your timeline like for applications & interviews?
2-What made you choose the LA campus over VCOM's other 3?
3-As a member of the LA campus, can you still do the MPH from VT that the Virginia campus can?

I also wanted to PM you but that feature is unavailable--it seems like your account is limited?

Sorry, I'm still learning how to use account features on here. I changed some settings now so perhaps it will work now?

My questions are:
1-What kind of stats were you working with when you applied and what was your timeline like for applications & interviews?
2-What made you choose the LA campus over VCOM's other 3?
3-As a member of the LA campus, can you still do the MPH from VT that the Virginia campus can?

Responses:
1: My ugpa was 3.5 ish, MCAT > 75 percentile. Application timeline was secondary submitted mid-September, interview mid-November. Last year's application season started later than average.
2: LA campus was closest to my hometown and I like Cajun food.
3: As far as I know, combined degrees are not yet an option. Maybe that will change soon.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got the acceptance call today!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the acceptance package?

Just got an interview for Louisiana campus!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello All, I received the acceptance package today but I have decided to withdraw my acceptance. Do you all think I should return it? I just feel bad because they sent bunch of goodies and I’m not planning to attend their campus! Any help is appreciated:)

• Love
  • Care
Decided to withdraw my interview invite due to an A somewhere else

• Care
Hello All, I received the acceptance package today but I have decided to withdraw my acceptance. Do you all think I should return it? I just feel bad because they sent bunch of goodies and I’m not planning to attend their campus! Any help is appreciated:)
Nah, I wouldn’t wanna pay for postage and all that so I’d just keep it