2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't interview until March 11th... I have one other acceptance but am really interested in continuing research in medical school, so VCOM-Auburn is definitely appealing. I feel like with such a late interview, most of the spots will already be filled. Is that a reasonable assumption?
I was WL today. Interviewed on 2/15. The email stated that "We do not have a seat currently available in our Class of 2025".

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I submitted and was complete late Summer/early Fall and JUST now received a secondary invite (OOS/Region). I already have an acceptance to another DO school and I’ve heard that the incoming class is basically almost full.. is that true?? Is it worth doing the secondary at this point or would I end up interviewing for a waitlist position?

Last edited:
does anyone know if there is a date soon coming up where those who receieved acceptances have to submit a deposit by? I'm guessing after that day, there will be more WL movement

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students speak on the curriculum at VCOM? I have heard attendance for lecture is basically mandatory (at least 80%), but have they given any thoughts to changing the curriculum based on outcomes as a result of COVID?

Are seats still open here? I submitted my primary 10/7 and never received a secondary. I emailed them today and they said they will let me know soon if I am eligible for a secondary!

I submitted and was complete late Summer/early Fall and JUST now received a secondary invite (OOS/Region). I already have an acceptance to another DO school and I’ve heard that the incoming class is basically almost full.. is that true?? Is it worth doing the secondary at this point or would I end up interviewing for a waitlist position?
Unsure about the class fullness. I interviewed on April 2nd two years ago. Was told at the interview that we were interviewing for the WL. I ended up getting in off the WL, along with a good chunk of folk (like 20-25 maybe?). If this is a school you're interested in, then you are still in the ball game.
does anyone know if there is a date soon coming up where those who receieved acceptances have to submit a deposit by? I'm guessing after that day, there will be more WL movement
If memory serves correct, the date is April 30th for MD schools and May 15th for DO schools (granted this could have changed ever-so slightly since last I checked which was two years ago). Look for movement from schools through those three weeks of time.
Can any current students speak on the curriculum at VCOM? I have heard attendance for lecture is basically mandatory (at least 80%), but have they given any thoughts to changing the curriculum based on outcomes as a result of COVID?
VCOM currently does not have an attendance policy like it used to. However, there is current discussion on whether it will return or not. I think if you are interested in a better answer, a call to student services may help.
Are seats still open here? I submitted my primary 10/7 and never received a secondary. I emailed them today and they said they will let me know soon if I am eligible for a secondary!
See above^^^

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get accepted from 3/3 interview? WL yesterday & have been trying to find out if we were interviewing for a spot on the WL or if anyone ended up getting that A! Really excited & hopeful about this school nonetheless.

I just released my A here yesterday. Bittersweet, because I really like this program. Hopefully one of you gets the seat!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when waitlist movement will begin to happen/has anyone already been accepted off of the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
where did you get accepted

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else interviewing tomorrow? I still haven’t received the instructions and itinerary 😮

Are the II that are being sent out for their waitlist? I just got one and honestly don't want the stress of the day if it's only going to be for waitlist

Are the II that are being sent out for their waitlist? I just got one and honestly don't want the stress of the day if it's only going to be for waitlist
I think they told us that they take around 50-75 off the WL.

Due to COVID-19, that is no longer the case and from what it seems like, it is something that will not change. There were some rumors the school was going to go back to mandatory attendance but we received an email (today actually lol) that those rumors were no where close to the truth.

Due to COVID-19, that is no longer the case and from what it seems like, it is something that will not change. There were some rumors the school was going to go back to mandatory attendance but we received an email (today actually lol) that those rumors were no where close to the truth.
So when classes are eventually back in person, there won’t be mandatory attendance anymore? :)

Hey Guys! Don't worry, the waitlist will start moving soon. I know you guys are probably waiting, but last year, they accepted people even on the first week of class from the waitlist. So don't give up hope. Please let me know if you need anything or have any specific questions.

Hey Guys! Don't worry, the waitlist will start moving soon. I know you guys are probably waiting, but last year, they accepted people even on the first week of class from the waitlist. So don't give up hope. Please let me know if you need anything or have any specific questions.
Hi! Do you know how long they will continue with the II?

Hi! Do you know how many people are on the waitlist vs. how many are accepted off of the waitlist?

pre-interview R from VCOM-Auburn today! good luck to everyone :)

So when classes are eventually back in person, there won’t be mandatory attendance anymore? :)
I would say wait for the actual announcement. nothing is for certain as of yet. But everything should be finalized soon.

If placed on waitlist, what are the chances of being accepted this cycle?

Any WL movement recently?
I was accepted off the waitlist today! I got a call around 11AM and received the e-mails immediately after, for anyone curious. (II Received: 02/26, Interviewed: 03/17, Waitlisted: 03/22, Accepted: 04/19)

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted off the waitlist today! I got a call around 11AM and received the e-mails immediately after, for anyone curious. (II Received: 02/26, Interviewed: 03/17, Waitlisted: 03/22, Accepted: 04/19)
Congratulations!

• Care
Does anyone know what days people are usually placed on the waitlist or is it just random?

I interviewed on 03/30, and have yet to hear anything back... Does anyone know what's taking so long? I'm getting a little nervous over here lol

Just withdrew my acceptance. Very bittersweet because I absolutely love VCOM. Hopefully my acceptance goes to one of y’all!

• Care
Mallory said they call the next in line whenever someone drops, please keep us updated if someone gets the call today!

Withdrew my acceptance from VCOM. Was a tough decision but decided to go closer to home. Great school and wonderful faculty. I hope y'all the best and good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
At this point, does a letter of intent help my chances on the waitlist? I'm accepted at another school, but VCOM-Auburn is my top choice.