2019 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey when did you submit your app and what are your stats such as gpa, pcat and pharmacy experience.. when did u submit ur app ? thanks
My pharmcas was verified in August. I didn't submit my TSU supplemental app until October ($150 fee was a little heart breaking). GPA: B with a B.A. in Biochemistry from Baylor University Pcat: about 80 percentile, highest was 88 in chemistry. I currently work in an independent compounding pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad.

i had interview on the same date as well so far i havnt received anything ...worried ..nervous..waiting i want to ask you that how are ur stats (GPA, PCAT)? thanks
I hope you've heard something by now! GPA: B with a B.A. in biochem from baylor university. PCAT: 80 (highest was 88 in chemistry) and I work at an independent compound pharmacy right now.

Reactions: 1 user
A week to email and say that you accept. They said they would send all of the forms through the mail. After I accepted via email, they sent me a link for a criminal background check and drug test which you pay for on your own ( around 60-70 dollars). I haven't done it yet since I'm not sure if i I want to go to TSU yet. She didn't send me a deadline for it either. I still haven't received the forms.

You have awesome stats by the way. Congrats on your acceptance and if you choose not to attend, do let us know.

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys hear that TSU COPHS doesnt offer summer school anymore, that if you fail you have to be held back a year automatically. I was talking to some of the P1s right now and they just finished finals. Alot of them will be in our up coming class of 2019

did you guys hear that TSU COPHS doesnt offer summer school anymore, that if you fail you have to be held back a year automatically. I was talking to some of the P1s right now and they just finished finals. Alot of them will be in our up coming class of 2019
This isn't rare among pharm schools. My school is the exact same way. You end up just wasting a year on rent/time.

I understand some of you had receive acceptance letter since u r early applicant. How about recent applicants (in December)...Do any of you hear anything from TSU yet? Thanks.

I understand some of you had receive acceptance letter since u r early applicant. How about recent applicants (in December)...Do any of you hear anything from TSU yet? Thanks.

I submitted my app early december still havent heard from tsu..i really hope to get in.. When did u turn in ur app and whats ur stat? (If u dont mind)..goodluck

I applied early december too., my gpa: 3.78, pcat 60 percentile. Do you have any ideas when they usually send out invitation? Thank you babeprecious and good luck to you, too.

I applied early december too., my gpa: 3.78, pcat 60 percentile. Do you have any ideas when they usually send out invitation? Thank you babeprecious and good luck to you, too.

It took my friend two months to receive an interview..my friend who got accepted already said it took two mo ths..my gpa is like yours but i had a low pcat( 40s) score...hope to get in..love the price of tsu school and it is in houston...goodluck..hope u submitted a your supplemental documents . .do u have any pharmacy experience

It took my friend two months to receive an interview..my friend who got accepted already said it took two mo ths..my gpa is like yours but i had a low pcat( 40s) score...hope to get in..love the price of tsu school and it is in houston...goodluck..hope u submitted a your supplemental documents . .do u have any pharmacy experience

I checked pharmcas, but they didnt require me to send any supplemental documents yet..i do have some volunteering experiences, both community and hospital. I hope to get in, too since i didn't apply anywhere else, my family is here, so it is hard to relocate.

if P (postmarked) means we have to go ahead and submit it? or we have to wait for email from ms.David?

I checked pharmcas, but they didnt require me to send any supplemental documents yet..i do have some volunteering experiences, both community and hospital. I hope to get in, too since i didn't apply anywhere else, my family is here, so it is hard to relocate.

I did not receive my supplemental till pharmcas verified my app. ms davis will mail you the supplemental after your app is verified... Has pharmcas verified ur app ?
Postmarked means it must dropped off at the post office on that day. received means it must be at the office on the 12th..
. You will need a 2x2 pssport photo
Money order of 150
The pharmacy experience form... You will need to show proof of pharmacy experience (if u have) . I got a letter from the pharmacy i volunteered
You will need to print and fill out the supplemental
Submit copy of pharm tech license (if u have)... Hopefully u receive the email fast...goodluck...

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not receive my supplemental till pharmcas verified my app. ms davis will mail you the supplemental after your app is verified... Has pharmcas verified ur app ?
Postmarked means it must dropped off at the post office on that day. received means it must be at the office on the 12th..
. You will need a 2x2 pssport photo
Money order of 150
The pharmacy experience form... You will need to show proof of pharmacy experience (if u have) . I got a letter from the pharmacy i volunteered
You will need to print and fill out the supplemental
Submit copy of pharm tech license (if u have)... Hopefully u receive the email fast...goodluck...

Thank you very much. I didn't think pharmcas verified my application yet. I got a delay with the transcript from the school i went a while ago. Hope I'll get the email soon. Happy New Year to you babeprecious!

Thank you very much. I didn't think pharmcas verified my application yet. I got a delay with the transcript from the school i went a while ago. Hope I'll get the email soon. Happy New Year to you babeprecious!

Hey i emailed u . if u dont receive the email let me know..i also attached the two forms ...goodluck..please turn it asap...

just wondering!! did u only apply to TSU? any news yet??!! thanks..
No news yet. Yes, I only applied here. I do expect something by the end of this month since it was what I was told. If your statistics are good, I wouldn't worry too much.

What about you? Did you only apply here?

No news yet. Yes, I only applied here. I do expect something by the end of this month since it was what I was told. If your statistics are good, I wouldn't worry too much.

What about you? Did you only apply here?
i only applied here ....

Guys please i need your help last minute!! I sent it all the documents they requested from me for the supplemental application, however they sent me an email stating they received the documents but still missing the supplemental application! WHAT IS THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION? is it not the documents they requested? or is there a specific form which is not listed on the website help i'm confused please...IS IT THE "APPLY TEXAS"?

please guys look at the photo i attached from my pharmca, i just need to know what the "supplemental is"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 4.55.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 4.55.24 PM.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hey thats the supplemental.. Its due on monday so pls turn it on monday..
http://email.webadmit.org/wf/click?...xTh9Yy-2F5XbnVMVyakeNgOn-2Bh6vaxUCsdiL5RZU-3D

This is the pharmacy experience form.. Also due on the 12th ..goodluck

http://email.webadmit.org/wf/click?...tZyPYsUvex8d7bQf5kGuNWtZw6OTljQiJIAm-2Bwao-3D

Guys please i need your help last minute!! I sent it all the documents they requested from me for the supplemental application, however they sent me an email stating they received the documents but still missing the supplemental application! WHAT IS THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION? is it not the documents they requested? or is there a specific form which is not listed on the website help i'm confused please...IS IT THE "APPLY TEXAS"?

Last edited:
It must be postmarked on that day which means it must be mailed on that day ..you dont have to drive to houston.... Make sure u mail it on that day. . Goodluck..if it was received on that day then you would have had to turn it in on that day..so just mail it... Make sure u always check your spam folder because alot of the school rmails go there... So just mail it instead ..goodluck..make sure u mail it to the pharmacy school

thanks a million babeprecious!!!! for some reason they never sent me the form so I was so confused..I live in Dallas so I'll have to drive 5 hours to houston to turn it in.

You can mail it in by tomorrow and it should be fine. No need to drive :)[/QUOTE]

I think they said they must receive it by tomorrow, so which means if I mail tomorrow it will arrive late ...just don't want to risk it

Oh no it says it most be postmarked on that day ..Means that on that day it must be mailed and stamped at the post office for delivery to the pharmacy school..my friend is mailing her other documents tomorrow too... Goodluck..if u want to drive thats fine :) hopefully we all get in

If you hear anything, please share. Not sure what is taking so long but like I said hoping to hear something this month. the wait has been long enough lol
True lol long waiting .....i will let u know ...i call them and they told me that the commitee hasnt take any decision yet so as soon the commitee take decision we shld be getting something ....stay positive ...

new to the thread,anyone been called for interview yet?

Hey welcome... No i havent been called for interview..some people who applied early have been called for interview. Is tsu ur first choice? hopefully interview will get sent out very soon

Hey welcome... No i havent been called for interview..some people who applied early have been called for interview. Is tsu ur first choice? hopefully interview will get sent out very soon
Oh okay thanks. Yes tsu is my first choice. Just hoping and waiting. I wonder after they interview how much of a role it plays to your entire application

Oh okay thanks. Yes tsu is my first choice. Just hoping and waiting. I wonder after they interview how much of a role it plays to your entire application

The interview plays a big part. Most people who get called for interview at tsu get accepeted . the only time gpa and pcat come in the application is if two students had the same score in the interview then the one with the higher stats get accepted first....what are ur stats? Hope u turned in ur supplemental and stuff

tsu semester started yesterday, so the faculty is back, hopefully we can hear something soon!

After 2 months and then some of waiting I finally received my acceptance.
True lol long waiting .....i will let u know ...i call them and they told me that the commitee hasnt take any decision yet so as soon the commitee take decision we shld be getting something ....stay positive ...

Check your email. I just received my acceptance letter!!! :) It went to my spam but the decisions are out!

After 2 months and then some of waiting I finally received my acceptance.

Check your email. I just received my acceptance letter!!! :) It went to my spam but the decisions are out!
Congratulations!Hey i checked everything nothing so far :( when did they sent u

Last edited:
Congratulations!Hey i checked everything nothing so far :( when did they sent u
I got it at 3pm ish. Not too long ago. She is most likely still sending them out individually since its not like a group email. I hope you get yours soon and also I re-checked my interview date and it was Nov 12th so a day before yours so that too could be a factor. I think all decisions have been made so expect something soon.

Thank y
I got it at 3pm ish. Not too long ago. She is most likely still sending them out individually since its not like a group email. I hope you get yours soon and also I re-checked my interview date and it was Nov 12th so a day before yours so that too could be a factor. I think all decisions have been made so expect something soon.
Thank you so much for all the information i had my interview on 13th so hopefully something soon !! Once again congratulations

Hey congrats .. What are your stats ?, gpa and pcat ? Did u have any pharmacy experience ? Did you take your pre-reqs at tsu?

Thank y

Thank you so much for all the information i had my interview on 13th so hopefully something soon !! Once again congratulations
Thanks! you are welcome. Good luck to you. I really hope we are classmates.
Hey congrats .. What are your stats ?, gpa and pcat ? Did u have any pharmacy experience ? Did you take your pre-reqs at tsu?

Thank you!

GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 60's
Pharmacy experience: 2 yrs technician
Degree holder

Last edited:
anyone know if they have sent out other interview invites for regular admission people?

anyone know if they have sent out other interview invites for regular admission people?

No not yet. hopefully very soon.... The wait is frustrating... .maybe some people who are not on this board may have received their invitation.it goes out based on gpa and pcat according to what ms davis said

Thanks! you are welcome. Good luck to you. I really hope we are classmates.

Thank you!

GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 60's
Pharmacy experience: 2 yrs technician
Degree holder
Hey we're you an early admission applicant?