2019 Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope everyone who interviewed today did well, I hope I can put some of at you who have not yet had their interview at ease. Go in and be YOURSELF! The staff is awesome and super friendly. I even interviewed with the dean and I felt that it went great. whether I get in or not, overall I'm very happy with my experience and I wish you all the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received an email or phone call from Dr. Park after their interview on 10/06?

Has anyone received an email or phone call from Dr. Park after their interview on 10/06?

I was wondering the same question as well. Lol. I'm at work and constantly checking my phone for a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same question as well. Lol. I'm at work and constantly checking my phone for a call.
Same here. De park said she may get in touch through email as well.

Hello Guys,

Best of luck to those who are waiting for decision.

I just wanted to know if it is worth it applying to roseman with the following stats:
cGPA (Academic Forgiveness) : 2.831

Lots of EC.
Pharmacy shadowing.

B.S. in Health Sciences (December 2015), so I am not taking the PCAT.

I am applying to only two schools (Roseman; any campus and MCPHS-Worcester). Do you guys think that I should apply to more schools, if so any suggestions?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

@Nina6717 @Hoangmy

How was the interview?!
It went really well, my interviewer was dean Stolte. I was SO nervous to interview with him but he is an awesome person, he was very easy going and it put me at ease. It ended up being more of a conversation than an interview so I'm not sure if that is a good or bad sign. Either way, whether I get in or not, it was a great experience and I got to meet most of the staff, who were all super friendly, BTW. Now I'm just waiting to hear back. Dr. Park said we would know no later than 10/23. Do you have an interview date set up yet?

Hello Guys,

Best of luck to those who are waiting for decision.

I just wanted to know if it is worth it applying to roseman with the following stats:
cGPA (Academic Forgiveness) : 2.831

Lots of EC.
Pharmacy shadowing.

B.S. in Health Sciences (December 2015), so I am not taking the PCAT.

I am applying to only two schools (Roseman; any campus and MCPHS-Worcester). Do you guys think that I should apply to more schools, if so any suggestions?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
I definitely think it is worth a try. They only require a minimum of 2.8 GPA so you meet their criteria. I think applying to more schools will give you a better chance of getting in this year rather than waiting another year to apply again. If I do not get accepted through early decision, I plan on applying to a few more schools this year. My next choice would be Midwestern (Glendale or downer's grove) and Pacific University.

Nothing yet :[
Still waiting!
have you heard anything yet?? lol, this waiting game is killing me and my phone broke today and I have to wait for my new one to be shipped on Wednesday. so i''m freaking out that they might call me before Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Nina6717 I moved my pcat to Oct 26th! Submitted my marks to pharmcas already. Hopefully it won't be too late by the time they get the pcat scoreee :/

Hi Nina6717, I'm very happy to hear that you'll be here next week, it's very exciting. I would say to channel those positive emotions, more so than anything, to try and kill those nerves I know you're feeling right now. Roseman's interview experience was like no other school I had interviewed with. So I know it's hard to even try and help you not be nervous, but don't be nervous! I can assure you the staff and students here are friendly, helpful, and welcoming.
I was immediately drawn to the block program because I'm an older student, and taking 'one thing at a time' was really appealing to me for my graduate studies. I can tell you so far (we're not that far into the year yet), I absolutely love it. The tests are something not to be underestimated, though. This program does challenge you, as pharmacy school should. The 90% pass rate is challenging, but do-able. Plus, there's tons of support from classmates, upperclassmen, and professors when it comes to passing!

If you're nervous about the interview, I would suggest reviewing some previous Roseman threads to see what type of questions are asked to get an idea. I would not come in with a scripted answer, as they do want to get to know YOU personally. Looking over them does help to prepare past experiences they might ask about, and other such things.
Thank you for the information, I had my interview and I think it went well. It was more of conversation than a question/answer scenario. I felt good walking out of there so now I am just waiting to hear back.

Reactions: 1 user
@Nina6717 I moved my pcat to Oct 26th! Submitted my marks to pharmcas already. Hopefully it won't be too late by the time they get the pcat scoreee :/
I don't think it will take a very long time. I don't remember how long it took exactly for them to send my scores but I know it wasn't as long as pharmcas takes to submit your information. so as long as you submit your pharmcas early enough, it shouldn't be an issue.

Have you heard from them yet?

Nothing yet. I am still waiting. The ED interview at the Utah campus is on Wednesday. I wonder if they are waiting until then to make a decision. We have 11 days left until we find out by the latest.

Still heard nothing.

FYI, I spoke with Dr. Park on the day of the interview and she said that she'll only be be sending our admission status via email.

She mentioned that phone calls take too long and a lot of people don't pick up so they have to call again later.

Still, I recommend saving her office phone number to your contact that way you know right away if she is calling you.

Just submitted my application. Wish me luck!

My stats are not remarkable by any means, but you never know.

B.S. in Psychology

3.1 Cumulative GPA
3.5 GPA for the last 60 credit hours (to show an upward trend)
3.6 Science GPA

No PCAT. Extra curricular includes study abroad in Costa Rica, 80+ Volunteer hours working at a pharmacy in a hospital, Research Assistant for a year working with children with social anxiety disorder, Teaching Assistant for a semester for a Research Methods class, and shadowing experience with a Pharmacist. I have a really strong letter of recommend from the Pharmacist too, if only Roseman would accept them.

I sent my transcripts today and will be mailing my supplemental tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I need to send my transcripts with the supplemental application; I know on their website it says no personal statement and resume with the supplemental, but I think I have read somewhere that they need transcripts with the supplemental. Can someone clarify this for me please? :)

I sent my transcripts today and will be mailing my supplemental tomorrow.

Does anyone know if I need to send my transcripts with the supplemental application; I know on their website it says no personal statement and resume with the supplemental, but I think I have read somewhere that they need transcripts with the supplemental. Can someone clarify this for me please? :)

No transcript needed with the supplement apps, I don't recall turning any transcript with the supplement apps. Transcript should be accessible by Pharmcas.

Is it a good school? Browsing for extra schools to apply
Honestly, the school sucks. I am a current pharmacy student and the administration are full of hypocrites. They stress compassion and professionalism, yet their administration does that show it themselves. They have changed so many of their policies and procedures, it's just ridiculous. You guys think Dean Stolte is a nice person? You should talk to the current P2 students, because they will definitely say something else. The president of the school is a hypocrite too (who is also one of the founders of the school along with her husband). You should ask them why they started the school to begin with. If you guys have any questions and want to know what it's REALLY like at this school, please feel free to ask.

Honestly, the school sucks. I am a current pharmacy student and the administration are full of hypocrites. They stress compassion and professionalism, yet their administration does that show it themselves. They have changed so many of their policies and procedures, it's just ridiculous. You guys think Dean Stolte is a nice person? You should talk to the current P2 students, because they will definitely say something else. The president of the school is a hypocrite too (who is also one of the founders of the school along with her husband). You should ask them why they started the school to begin with. If you guys have any questions and want to know what it's REALLY like at this school, please feel free to ask.

Are you in Henderson or SoJo?

Henderson

I'm in SoJo. Everyone here is pretty good. From what I've heard it's a lot better compared to Henderson. My biggest complaint though would be all of the longitudinal courses. Everyone makes it sound like the block schedule is great because you only have to focus on one subject for 2 weeks. What they neglect to tell you is you also have 3 other year long courses that you have to study for along with it. If I could go back I would probably go somewhere else. You would have to take 3 to 4 classes at once but you wouldn't have to score 90% on everything.

I'm in SoJo. Everyone here is pretty good. From what I've heard it's a lot better compared to Henderson. My biggest complaint though would be all of the longitudinal courses. Everyone makes it sound like the block schedule is great because you only have to focus on one subject for 2 weeks. What they neglect to tell you is you also have 3 other year long courses that you have to study for along with it. If I could go back I would probably go somewhere else. You would have to take 3 to 4 classes at once but you wouldn't have to score 90% on everything.

They actually brought up the longitudinal courses several times during the orientation.

They actually brought up the longitudinal courses several times during the orientation.

I agreed, the longitudinal courses was laid out for us on top of the block schedule. Also they did stressed that the program is not easy but doable and I'm sure it's like that for any pharmacy school. There's no easy road.

On that side note, I hope everyone who interviewed yesterday at the Utah campus did well. Hopefully we can hear back soon from our interviews on 10/6.

On that side note, I hope everyone who interviewed yesterday at the Utah campus did well. Hopefully we can hear back soon from our interviews on 10/6.
I have bren checking my email every hour on the hour since Wednesday lol

I have bren checking my email every hour on the hour since Wednesday lol

I think I am worse. I am checking every time I get a new email notification lol this is the longest week and a half of my life hahah

OMG I thought we would find out within a few days for the Oct 6th candidates!

I'm not sure how many interviews there were in SoJo but Dr. Park told us that they received alot of applicants for ED this year and there were 52 of us in Henderson. I would like to know the number of interviews in SoJo as well. The deadline to notify us of their decision is this Friday oct 23. Hopefully sooner than later.

Do you guys know how many seats are available for Sept 2016? I didn't apply for ED and hope it's not too late for me.

Do you guys know how many seats are available for Sept 2016? I didn't apply for ED and hope it's not too late for me.

I believe Dr. Park said there are 145 seats for 2016 and there were 52 of us for the Oct 6th interview, not sure how many for the SoJo interviews on the 14th

145 seats in Henderson and 90 seats in SoJo

Have everyone received email yet?

Not since I last checked an hour ago...I'm allowing messages to build up now instead of my looking every time my phone goes off. I am going insane that way!

Did everyone send in their supplemental in a big envelope or other?

Last edited:
My pcat is this coming Monday. I don't have a degree so I need that in for the application to be completed. And then pcat score takes about 4 to 5 weeks to come out :/