2019-2020 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A little unfair to have changed the MCAT requirement without notifying students beforehand. I'm sure people could've saved money not applying if they knew they'd be rejected right away.
I was told that no changes to the minimum were made so I am confused on all the conflicting stuff now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If it is 500 now, what was it previously??
500. I was told that it hasn't changed. This information is from a current student so maybe he is wrong. Best to call admissions and get the score cleared up!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely call them. Being from Lebanon helps a lot. I have a friend that goes their now so I will ask about what he knows about this MCAT increase. I was also told that they have new software and so are behind on reviewing peoples apps. Interviews are likely to go out mid August. Did you already receive a secondary?
I haven’t received a secondary, which is the problem lol. I think I’ll call them and beg politely lol. The rest of my app is solid and she said they raised requirements just this year. Thanks for the encouragement! I’m really hoping for this school.

I haven’t received a secondary, which is the problem lol. I think I’ll call them and beg politely lol. The rest of my app is solid and she said they raised requirements just this year. Thanks for the encouragement! I’m really hoping for this school.
I have a 502 and I still haven't received a secondary from the Lebanon campus or the Pomona campus lol. Last week I called and asked about it, and they said that my app is still in queue for processing. :p

Was informed this week to allow 10 business days as my CASPer recently transmitted.

II received!

Interview!! So happy!

Reactions: 2 users
II here too! LM 74, complete 7/16

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those who got II!! Seeing as I submitted the 14th and my LOR's still do not show they're complete..... I hope they get their stuff together soon.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Who is interviewing August 31st and going to the meet and greet the night before?

The fanciest hotel in Lebanon and near the school has a discount for interview applicants most days! Best Western!

The fanciest hotel in Lebanon and near the school has a discount for interview applicants most days! Best Western!
Nice! Did you have to call to get the discount? Mind if I ask what the final rate was?

Nice! Did you have to call to get the discount? Mind if I ask what the final rate was?
Yes I called and it was 99 a night instead of like 200 plus on the website! It is also a SUPER night hotel, close to campus, and has a complimentary breakfast.

Yes I called and it was 99 a night instead of like 200 plus on the website! It is also a SUPER night hotel, close to campus, and has a complimentary breakfast.
Oh wow, that is a huge discount! Thanks for the tip!!

Received an e-mail stating that my app is now under committee review.

The "Next Steps" section disappeared from my portal for both COMP schools. I'm guessing that means no interview is coming?

The "Next Steps" section disappeared from my portal for both COMP schools. I'm guessing that means no interview is coming?
Not quite sure. That disappeared from my Pomona app for a few days then came back to "app sent for processing". For Lebanon, it disappeared and then I received an email stating that my app is under committee review.

Could someone help shed light on the differences in the programs between Pomona and here? I am doing my secondary and trying to answer the "specific interest in COMP Northwest" question.

Thanks!!

Could someone help shed light on the differences in the programs between Pomona and here? I am doing my secondary and trying to answer the "specific interest in COMP Northwest" question.

Thanks!!

The biggest difference is location. Lebanon is a small- tight knit community. COMP-NW features the rural health track and giving back to small underserved communities. On the website you can see the different tracks for each school and may find one that interests you and focus on that. I think it’s important to be specific about why the northwest since 3/4 of our class is from the northwest or have ties to the area.

Not quite sure. That disappeared from my Pomona app for a few days then came back to "app sent for processing". For Lebanon, it disappeared and then I received an email stating that my app is under committee review.

Just checked my portal and got the II! First II ever as a reapplicant so I am very excited! For those curious my LizzyM is around 60-65 and OOS if that makes any difference.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey, for those of you with an II. How long did it take for your letters of Rec. to be reviewed and approved? my secondary has been complete, even with CASPER. But the letters of rec. are still waiting for review.

Hey, for those of you with an II. How long did it take for your letters of Rec. to be reviewed and approved? my secondary has been complete, even with CASPER. But the letters of rec. are still waiting for review.
I am not positive but I believe around 3 weeks.

Checked my portal today and something looks different I can't tell what exactly. I think there used to be a sentence under the top line of "your app is under review" and now just says if you have questions about your app use this reference number.. maybe i'm just going crazy but anyone else notice a change in their portal/knows what this might mean?

Checked my portal today and something looks different I can't tell what exactly. I think there used to be a sentence under the top line of "your app is under review" and now just says if you have questions about your app use this reference number.. maybe i'm just going crazy but anyone else notice a change in their portal/knows what this might mean?
+1

I don't think it's worth a call. I would say just chill, both my Western portals have changed 300 times since i submitted with stuff appearing and disappearing then reappearing. So I would say just chill, but that's just me.

Last edited:
@ People going to Aug. 31 Interview: Would anyone be interested in splitting a rental car for the trip from portland w/ me? I've rented a car on 8/30 at 10am to drive down and will drive back to portland after the interview around 4pm most likely. Shoot me a message if interested.

@ People going to Aug. 31 Interview: Would anyone be interested in splitting a rental car for the trip from portland w/ me? I've rented a car on 8/30 at 10am to drive down and will drive back to portland after the interview around 4pm most likely. Shoot me a message if interested.
I think they said the I interview would be over by 1-1:30pm.

I think they said the I interview would be over by 1-1:30pm.
Website says 2, but I figured I might want to drive around and check out the area if I have some extra time. I could definitely leave earlier if the person I was carpooling with needed.

I submitted 7/25 and my status is still only "submitted". Does this school usually take this long to begin reviewing?

I submitted 7/25 and my status is still only "submitted". Does this school usually take this long to begin reviewing?

The school is getting a lot more applications, and some folks from last year reported slightly longer review times. I can assure you, they will review all applicants thoroughly. If I remember correctly, the latest person to join the class of 2023 got in a couple weeks before classes start. So it goes for a while.

+1

I’m getting in this afternoon. How’s the town so far?
It’s a smaller town but I like it. The surrounding towns are also really cute and fairly close. Saw the school last night since I know two second years who showed me around. Are you going to the social tonight?

It’s a smaller town but I like it. The surrounding towns are also really cute and fairly close. Saw the school last night since I know two second years who showed me around. Are you going to the social tonight?

I wasn’t planning on it. I was just going to grab some dinner either at the best western or in town somewhere.

To those who interviewed on Aug 31, did you feel like it went well? And was the school/campus what you expected?

To those who interviewed on Aug 31, did you feel like it went well? And was the school/campus what you expected?
I feel like my interview went really well! I also loveeed the school and area after spending 3 days there. Might be my new top school

I feel like it went okay..I made my interviewers laugh a little, so I guess that's a good sign. I really liked the school a lot and could see myself there for the next two years. I'm hoping that I did well enough to pick up an A. Also, does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate?

Last edited:
I feel like it went okay..I made my interviewers laugh a little, so I guess that's a good sign. I really liked the school a lot and could see myself there for the next two years. I'm hoping that I did well enough to pick up an A. Also, does anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate?
Two current students said typically 50 percent earlier on and maybe slightly higher. As the cycle goes on it’s 30% I was told.