2019-2020 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
What do you think is meant by the "UNECOM experience" question? Do you think they looking for our understanding of the mission statement?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think is meant by the "UNECOM experience" question? Do you think they looking for our understanding of the mission statement?

I had the same question. I was planning on using the mission statement to answer.

Reactions: 1 user
I took it as a bit more of "what about our school are you interested in and why" rather than just the mission statement.

When do you folks plan on submitting?

Im taking a course this summer to get another LOR so probably mid July I'll actually submit.

I took it as a bit more of "what about our school are you interested in and why" rather than just the mission statement.

When do you folks plan on submitting?
I've already submitted but I'm still waiting on one of my LORs

I’ve already submitted too!

Received an e-mail saying under preliminary review, time to wait for that secondary fee payment email :greedy::luck:

Verified 5/9, Submitted 6/14, interviewed here two years ago and absolutely loved it (anyone know if its unlikely to receive an II if you previously interviewed and weren't accepted? I was WL due to full class and it was late in the cycle)

Received an e-mail saying under preliminary review, time to wait for that secondary fee payment email :greedy::luck:

Verified 5/9, Submitted 6/14, interviewed here two years ago and absolutely loved it (anyone know if its unlikely to receive an II if you previously interviewed and weren't accepted? I was WL due to full class and it was late in the cycle)
I submitted on 6/4 and I still haven't heard anything yet. I did check my junk mail just in case. Do you know if it could be because my committee letter hasn't been sent yet?

On hold until they receive my MCAT scores. Five more days!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Adcom told me that they have not started looking at the primaries yet. But I received an email letting me know that they received the primary.

Anyone mind sharing some stats? Feeling kinda insecure about my chances.
I'm a non traditional applicant
3.42 cGPA
3.2 sGPA
Great leadership and volunteer work
Great LORs
Some research
Taking mcat next week but hitting around 500
Working as PCA at a local hospital after mcat

For you @uglypremed

3.44 sGPA and cGPA
Nothing Special ECs, just stuff I enjoyed
No Research
507 MCAT
Work in a residential program for "misunderstood" kids.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got email to pay supplemental application fee.
Haven't opened the link yet but it looks like there are no other questions aside from the ones in the primary app.
Will update later.

Supplemental is just a payment link. Nothing else. No other questions. Make sure you spell your name correctly LOL jk

I haven't taken physics 2 yet (taking in the fall). Got an email saying they won't look at my app until I complete it. Does anyone know if they will review my application with the course in progress, or does it need to be complete?

3.42 cGPA
3.2 sGPA
Great LORs
Some research
3.7 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA
510 MCAT
Decent research, Strong leadership, Low clinical experience (yikes, but working on it), Low volunteering (double yikes), Strong LORs

I haven't taken physics 2 yet (taking in the fall). Got an email saying they won't look at my app until I complete it. Does anyone know if they will review my application with the course in progress, or does it need to be complete?

Is this what they said for you? I was under the impression from the secondary invitation that they would review my application despite it being in progress.

Is this what they said for you? I was under the impression from the secondary invitation that they would review my application despite it being in progress.
I received an email stating that. Emailed them back and haven't gotten a response yet.

3.42 cGPA
3.2 sGPA
Great LORs
Some research

Non-traditional applicant
3.52 cGPA
3.3 sGPA
Great clinical experience, research and volunteer work.
Great LOR's
Some leadership
508 MCAT
Current experience: Working two jobs - medical scribe (in primary care) and pharmacy tech. Also volunteering one day per week in an urban clinic for uninsured patients.

Non-traditional applicant
3.52 cGPA
3.3 sGPA
Great clinical experience, research and volunteer work.
Great LOR's
Some leadership
508 MCAT
Current experience: Working two jobs - medical scribe (in primary care) and pharmacy tech. Also volunteering one day per week in an urban clinic for uninsured patients.
you and me have similar stats lol.

Hey y’all, OMS-III at UNE COM and former student interviewer. Please let me know if you have questions about the school and the application process!

Reactions: 3 users
Can I submit the supplemental application fee without having all my letters in? Still waiting on two of my professors. I've e-mailed the school and still no response.

Can I submit the supplemental application fee without having all my letters in? Still waiting on two of my professors. I've e-mailed the school and still no response.

Yep that should be fine. You just won’t be marked complete and under review til they are in.

Does anyone know the average stats here? I submitted my primary app on 6/21 and received notification that they received it 6/28 but still have not been invited to pay the supplemental fee. I will be attending the open house on 7/12 if anyone else will be there!

UNECOM just sent me an invite for a prospective student event.
I thought it was an interview invite and my heart skipped 10 beats until I read the whole email.
Thanks UNECOM.

UNECOM just sent me an invite for a prospective student event.
I thought it was an interview invite and my heart skipped 10 beats until I read the whole email.
Thanks UNECOM.

Yeah I feel you. NSU COM called me today.. Just to say my app was "complete." They seriously like to tease/torture us

Those of you who have received the secondary application, could you please tell me what are the secondary questions? Thank you!

Those of you who have received the secondary application, could you please tell me what are the secondary questions? Thank you!

There is no secondary. The questions you answered in the primary are the only questions.
The "secondary" is just a link to pay.

Just got an email that my application was received and is now ready for review for a possible II! Good luck everyone:)

Did they email you back? I am missing physics 2 as well
yes. they told me they won't review the application until I list physics 2 in progress. Unfortunately I have to wait for the academic update period in September because my AACOMAS application doesn't allow you to edit previously attended schools till then

On their website:
"MCAT scores must be no older than two years at the time of application. For the 18–19 Cycle, scores between January 2016 and December 2018 will be accepted".

What does "time of application" mean?
Also, does this mean scores between January 2017 and December 2019 will be accepted this cycle?

Hey y’all, OMS-III at UNE COM and former student interviewer. Please let me know if you have questions about the school and the application process!

Hi! Thanks for all the help.

What is considered “too late” to apply here? Won’t be having DO shadowing until the 15th, so hoping to add UNECOM then...

Hi! Thanks for all the help.

What is considered “too late” to apply here? Won’t be having DO shadowing until the 15th, so hoping to add UNECOM then...

We send out interviews until mid March but you still want to get it in as early as possible. FWIW, I had never interacted with a DO before applying to UNE, so it’s not an absolute necessity if the other parts of your application are in order.

Hello!

Would you mind sharing things about UNECOM that you like/don’t like?

TIA!

I have not received a "complete" email yet, I am not sure why because I have MCAT, rec letters, payments and (idk if they do Casper but I sent it to whomever I could). Should I email them and ask? They told me that if they need anything they will let me know but.....

How long should it take to receive a secondary after receiving the "Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Application Received" email from UNE?