2019-2020 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! IS, Complete mid July.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Received an II today at 8:43 AM! I'm an IS non-traditional applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today!!! Thought I would never hear back (interviewed OKC 10/28 & Tulsa 11/15)

Accepted today! OOS, interviewed 10/28

Accepted today!! IS. Interviewed 11/11. LM 70.

My AAMC MSAR subscription expired. Does anyone know, of the in-state students who were interviewed last year, what percentage were accepted?

The OU-COM "Class of 2013" page says 306 interviews were conducted and 165 were accepted but does not specify how many were IS.

deferred ): IS. Interviewed 11/11. LM 73.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
II today! IS Non-trad complete early July
Dates in January still available

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They told me it is based on sGPA (30%) and MCAT (70%) to get an interview. They had an MCAT cutoff of 501 last year based on the number of applications.
Sorry this is a little late. Admissions told me the interview is almost 100% based off of MCAT. He said they literally take the highest MCAT score, count backwards 300 seats, and that is who they interview. They said this year MCAT cut off looks to be around 502-503.

Sorry this is a little late. Admissions told me the interview is almost 100% based off of MCAT. He said they literally take the highest MCAT score, count backwards 300 seats, and that is who they interview. They said this year MCAT cut off looks to be around 502-503.
What an interesting/abnormal approach

•II on 12/17
•IS
•MCAT:503 GPA:3.9X
•Interviewing this month
Even someone with a bummy MCAT score like me can still get invited. Don’t lose hope if you haven’t heard back yet.

Reactions: 1 users
•II on 12/17
•IS
•MCAT:503 GPA:3.9X
•Interviewing this month
Even someone with a bummy MCAT score like me can still get invited. Don’t lose hope if you haven’t heard back yet.
you’re interviewing this month or next month? I thought interviews were typically scheduled a month out from the invite. Either way congrats and good luck!

you’re interviewing this month or next month? I thought interviews were typically scheduled a month out from the invite. Either way congrats and good luck!

I meant January. Thanks!

Officially rejected via email a few days ago. Good luck to everyone else here!! Fingers are crossed for yall!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received their acceptance letters in the mail yet?

Does anyone know the last interview date of the year? Do they interview in February?

when I scheduled mine, they had 3 dates in January and that was all that appeared to be left.
I think the portal only shows the first three available dates so I think there may be more available than what was shown on the portal but I'm not 100% certain about that statement.

when I scheduled mine, they had 3 dates in January and that was all that appeared to be left.

What were the other 2 dates available? I believe when I scheduled my interview (early November) they had 11/25, 1/8 and 1/12 available.

What were the other 2 dates available? I believe when I scheduled my interview (early November) they had 11/25, 1/8 and 1/12 available.
I remember seeing a Jan 20s date. Not sure what day exactly

I remember seeing a Jan 20s date. Not sure what day exactly

Does anyone know the last interview date of the year? Do they interview in February?

ahhh ok, I figured they had at least 5 more interview days after the new year, looked like they had 5 in October and November. In the past they have had a total of 10 interview days per cycle, according to some of the students I've spoken with. I have a friend who is scheduled for 1/15 so thats at least 4 in January. They may have 1 more at the very end of January or early February, but there's no way to know for sure. I'd like to add that it looks like they have a huge wave of A's at the end of February or early March based on previous years, so we may have a bit of a wait before we hear back post-II. Good luck to everyone interviewing, can't wait to meet y'all.

I know it is different each year, but I interviewed on one of (if not the) last dates last year in mid-Feb.

I got my II early November as well! That is a huge jump between 11/25 and 1/8 though! I assume that means no interviews were held in December?

I had an MCAT score higher than this and didn't get an interview. It's more than just the MCAT...

I got my II early November as well! That is a huge jump between 11/25 and 1/8 though! I assume that means no interviews were held in December?

Yeah thats what I thought as well, don't think I saw anyone list a December date so I'm thinking they split their interview season in two with a one month break in between.

I had an MCAT score higher than this and didn't get an interview. It's more than just the MCAT...

Might be rumor, but I’ve heard II is based 70% on MCAT, 30% GPA.

Not sure how being in state or having strong OK ties fits into this, though.

Might be rumor, but I’ve heard II is based 70% on MCAT, 30% GPA.

Not sure how being in state or having strong OK ties fits into this, though.
yes, thats what the admissions advisors say exactly. also with the consideration that at least 75% must be in state.

I’m interviewing on the 12th and I haven’t received an email about where to go or where to park. Can anyone answer this for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m interviewing on the 12th and I haven’t received an email about where to go or where to park. Can anyone answer this for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did not receive that email until 6 days before my interview date, I think you should be hearing soon!