2019-2020 Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if i can remember correctly, they were offering 3 dates: oct 28th, oct 31st and nov 25th which the november interview was at the Tulsa campus
Thank you! Hope you see you there

Members don't see this ad.

Also an II yesterday! IS

For future readers on this thread, last year they sent out IIs on Sep 27th as well. So I'm assuming that future applicants can expect IIs then.

II spots were given for the last week of October and I saw some in early November. Interviews go from 8-2, I hear that you're most likely gonna be done at 12 if you only applied OKC-MD.

Reactions: 1 users
Also an II yesterday! IS

For future readers on this thread, last year they sent out IIs on Sep 27th as well. So I'm assuming that future applicants can expect IIs then.

II spots were given for the last week of October and I saw some in early November. Interviews go from 8-2, I hear that you're most likely gonna be done at 12 if you only applied OKC-MD.

Stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m reading a book about MMIs. It claimed that OU is using them, which I have not heard before and I was convinced that this is a “standard” interview (1-1 or 2,3-1). Please, I am not trying to start a rumor or spread panic. Anyone care to confirm or deny?

I’m reading a book about MMIs. It claimed that OU is using them, which I have not heard before and I was convinced that this is a “standard” interview (1-1 or 2,3-1). Please, I am not trying to start a rumor or spread panic. Anyone care to confirm or deny?
no. as far as i know, it is still 3 on 1 interview

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree- it is 3 on 1. And all based on AAMC core competencies. Best of luck!

IS applicant with 4 II but have heard nothing from OU. Kind of annoyed.

IS applicant with 4 II but have heard nothing from OU. Kind of annoyed.
IS as well with no news. Kind of stings. Based on last years thread, it seemed like they sent a batch of IIs every few weeks. Here’s hoping..

I think they’re moving slow in comparison to most schools. It should pick up soon especially since someone mentioned that 3 dates are offered at the end of this month. Here’s to hoping to hear back tomorrow or next week!

IIs are coming guys, I believe this is only the first batch of IIs. No need to panic

Don’t worry (easier said than done), I’m also IS and did not get an invite til the first few days of December. OU moves pretty slowly.

I know it's kind of a long shot but anyone heard of OU giving an II to IS with an MCAT of 500?

I know it's kind of a long shot but anyone heard of OU giving an II to IS with an MCAT of 500?
According to last year’s thread, someone IS was given an interview with a 502....I know that’s not what you asked lol. But not too far off

II today. Technically OOS, but very strong state ties.

Reactions: 2 users
IS. Live down the road. Still nothing

I am an OOS applicant. I submitted my secondary 9/7 and received an interview invite on 10/21 with the earliest date available being 11/11.

II just now! IS URM with LM 70. Complete 7/3. November 11th was the earliest interview date available.

II just now! IS URM with LM 70. Complete 7/3. November 11th was the earliest interview date available.

Did you receive an email? Also dang, submitted nearly four months ago and you just now get an II? I submitted a few weeks later than you. I might not hear anything until December.

Did you receive an email? Also dang, submitted nearly four months ago and you just now get an II? I submitted a few weeks later than you. I might not hear anything until December.
I submitted 7/3 and haven’t heard anything. Don’t worry. They review basically based on gpa and MCAT.

I submitted 7/3 and haven’t heard anything. Don’t worry. They review basically based on gpa and MCAT.

I should basically be guaranteed an II if that’s the case. I’m above their median stats and am IS.... not to count my chickens before they hatch. I’ve heard nothing from my other interviews and OU is my best chance of becoming a student so I’m getting kind of nervous.

I should basically be guaranteed an II if that’s the case. I’m above their median stats and am IS.... not to count my chickens before they hatch. I’ve heard nothing from my other interviews and OU is my best chance of becoming a student so I’m getting kind of nervous.
i feel your pain. im slightly below but am still very nervous as an IS applicant. good luck. hope to be your fellow classmate!

Yes, it was an email. They had interview dates left on 11/11, 11/24, and 11/25.

got an II today, IS, completed 7/4

Reactions: 3 users
Can someone who has interviewed tell us about your experience? What is the interview format? Also are there any other MD/PhD interviewees? I'm interviewing 11/11 (regular MD program) and 11/12 (MD/PhD program).

Can someone who has interviewed tell us about your experience? What is the interview format? Also are there any other MD/PhD interviewees? I'm interviewing 11/11 (regular MD program) and 11/12 (MD/PhD program).

8 AM - 2 PM. You come in and have a light breakfast (donuts and granola bars) and there's 1-hour intro session. Then you break out into 1 of 3 groups, each one either touring OUHSC, learning about OU SMC/OU D&I, or interview. You rotate around, each session is 1.5 hours.

Do you know the format of the interviews? If not, I can explain it.

That's for the standard MD interviews, not MD/PhD btw

if you interview for OKC and Tulsa on different days, do you go for 2 full days? if so, do you do the same thing all day twice or are the interview days different?

if you interview for OKC and Tulsa on different days, do you go for 2 full days? if so, do you do the same thing all day twice or are the interview days different?

At my interview, all OKC kids ended at 2 PM and then Tulsa kids interviewed after lunch

I think if you’re interviewing for OKC and Tulsa, Tulsa has their own separate day.

I interviewed for both on the same day so my interview day was long- like 8am-4pm

Last edited:

I'm interviewing for MD PhD on 11/12 as well. See you there!

8 AM - 2 PM. You come in and have a light breakfast (donuts and granola bars) and there's 1-hour intro session. Then you break out into 1 of 3 groups, each one either touring OUHSC, learning about OU SMC/OU D&I, or interview. You rotate around, each session is 1.5 hours.

Do you know the format of the interviews? If not, I can explain it.

That's for the standard MD interviews, not MD/PhD btw
Thank you for this! I do not know the format of the interviews- could you please elaborate?

The OKC interview is based on the 7 AAMC core competencies. (you can google them!)

Ex: “Tell me about a time you worked in a team” “Tell me about a time you faced an ethical dilemma” etc.

Some people thought these were stressful, but just know your stories for the situations and you’ll do fine!

ACCEPTED!!!!!! Just got the email!!!!! Wow!!! I’ll be an MD!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
OU admissions season is comparatively late so I’m sure you guys will hear back :)