2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All interviews are being held online, as all travel (and hosting) is suspended through June at least. LMU’s undergrad orientation that usually happens throughout the summer is also online.

Members don't see this ad.

All interviews are being held online, as all travel (and hosting) is suspended through June at least. LMU’s undergrad orientation that usually happens throughout the summer is also online.
Do you think our classes in July will be postponed or online?

Do you think our classes in July will be postponed or online?

I won’t pretend to know the answer to the question that every college in the US is trying to answer, lol. I hope it settles down before then, and most people I’ve heard from are assuming we’ll go forward with in-person classes in July.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have they finished giving out II?
I assume that they're still giving out IIs because they extended their secondary application deadline to April 16, but I'm not entirely sure! :/

I assume that they're still giving out IIs because they extended their secondary application deadline to April 16, but I'm not entirely sure! :/
They have one more interview to go this week and this is the latest from Ms. Whitney Porter.

Current 1st year here. For those of you who want some incite into the WL movement and what to do during this time, feel free to PM me i'm always happy to help. With all the chaos going on, it's always best to stay positive. My 2 cents on the previous comments is that it's always best to do your own research and then determine what's best for you. Why some of these accounts have similar creation dates, comment entry dates, and postings on similar forums, we'll never know I guess lol. I know one things for sure though, I don't have enough time out of my day to argue on the internet. Good luck to everyone and stay positive if you're still on the WL, there is a good amount of movement in the coming months!

Reactions: 4 users
I know someone already asked something similar to this, but does ANYONE have any indication as to when their interview invites end? I submitted my secondary March 30 and honestly feel like it was a waste of money because I have gotten nothing back from them. At least they should reject me lol is it unprofessional to ask for that money back?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone already asked something similar to this, but does ANYONE have any indication as to when their interview invites end? I submitted my secondary March 30 and honestly feel like it was a waste of money because I have gotten nothing back from them. At least they should reject me lol is it unprofessional to ask for that money back?
The application is nonrefundable. You applied very late, so I think is hard at this point. I believe they already had their last interview for the cycle (I am not 100% sure about this, but I believe that by last week they only had one more interview day). I would just give them a call, so they'll confirm if interviews are done or not.

The application is nonrefundable. You applied very late, so I think is hard at this point. I believe they already had their last interview for the cycle (I am not 100% sure about this, but I believe that by last week they only had one more interview day). I would just give them a call, so they'll confirm if interviews are done or not.
I heard the April 24th was the last interview date.

April 24. And you could try but you won’t get it back. It’s not any different than any other school. unfortunately you applied a month before their last interview date. I’m sure you’ll get an email, some of mine didn’t come until after the end of cycle.

I had an interview on the 24th, and from what I saw on their scheduling page that was the last slot available!

II today for Friday, May 1. I was late sending my application in for this school, but still got an interview.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II today for Friday, May 1. I was late sending my application in for this school, but still got an interview.
OMG! @ everyone saying it ended in April lol what I'm shook??? CONGRATS THOUGH! Did you happen to see any other slots after May 1st though?

OMG! @ everyone saying it ended in April lol what I'm shook??? CONGRATS THOUGH! Did you happen to see any other slots after May 1st though?
Thanks! When they sent me the invite, they told me it was specifically for May 1st via Zoom, and sent three time slots for that day that I could possibly interview at. They didn’t send any other possible dates to interview on.

In fairness to my negatives above the school did decide to purchase us intern material for intern year of residency (which is not common) and also refunded our graduation. So at the end of the day they are attempting to mend relations with the fourth year class. Good job dcom

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if they're just super behind in reviewing post-interview since the 4/9 people didn't hear back until Monday? I interviewed last week and in the email they explained that the review would happen the following Wednesday but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

I had kinda given up hope after Monday's round of calls, but I just got the call this afternoon! (interviewed 4/9) :soexcited:

Does anyone know if they're just super behind in reviewing post-interview since the 4/9 people didn't hear back until Monday? I interviewed last week and in the email they explained that the review would happen the following Wednesday but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

The post interview email I received said "The Admissions Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, April 15, to discuss the April 9 interviews" and I just got the call today (the 29th) so they may just be behind! Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 8 users
I had kinda given up hope after Monday's round of calls, but I just got the call this afternoon! (interviewed 4/9) :soexcited:

The post interview email I received said "The Admissions Committee will be meeting on Wednesday, April 15, to discuss the April 9 interviews" and I just got the call today (the 29th) so they may just be behind! Don't lose hope!
Have you received the official email yet? I haven’t

I got waitlisted. Do you guys know if other people have come off the waitlist? I just turned 20. Do they frown upon younger applicants?

I got waitlisted. Do you guys know if other people have come off the waitlist? I just turned 20. Do they frown upon younger applicants?
They go based on your application, meaning your GPA, MCAT, activities, and interview feedback from the people who interviewed you.

They go based on your application, meaning your GPA, MCAT, activities, and interview feedback from the people who interviewed you.
I was asking because in my interview when I told them my age they said I was very young and tailored the interview to how I would manage medical school being so young. I think everything was pretty good. My MCAT was on the lower side but my GPA, activities, and publications would outweigh that (in my opinion). But I guess I have to wait. Good luck!

I don’t think they necessarily have an age preference, but I think they would worry about maturity level if you don’t have much clinical or volunteer experience. For your own personal growth, I recommend getting those hours up into the high hundreds/ thousands. It’s not hard if you get a job as a CNA this summer. Nursing homes offer free certification if you aren’t already certified. Finding a job in a hospital offers super valuable experience. Going into my interview, I was able to talk about my experiences with 100% confidence and it really couldn’t have gone better. I am in my mid-late 20’s but often get mistaken for 18-20 years old and they showed no concern for my possible age.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think they necessarily have an age preference, but I think they would worry about maturity level if you don’t have much clinical or volunteer experience. For your own personal growth, I recommend getting those hours up into the high hundreds/ thousands. It’s not hard if you get a job as a CNA this summer. Nursing homes offer free certification if you aren’t already certified. Finding a job in a hospital offers super valuable experience. Going into my interview, I was able to talk about my experiences with 100% confidence and it really couldn’t have gone better. I am in my mid-late 20’s but often get mistaken for 18-20 years old and they showed no concern for my possible age.

I completely agree with this! I think the age isn’t an issue but maybe lack of experience? But I mean, you can still be young and experienced! I got certified as a medical assistant during high school (17 years old) and was able to have three years experience by age 20! I’m a couple courses away from a masters degree now. I’m 23 but look like I’m 16-17. I’m kind of hoping they ask how old I am so they know I’m older than I look.(I interview tomorrow morning)
Good luck with everything! You are young, but I personally think it’s amazing you even got as far as an interview at such a young age! Very awesome. If you can do this, I’m sure they will understand you’re not a typical 20 year old.
I’m a mother and my other interview was almost completely concerned with that. But I think that they simply find a logical concern and want to make sure that you yourself are confident that you can do it/truly willing to do it despite whatever the situation is.

I checked the FB page ‘LMU-DCOM Harrogate Class of 2024’ and it currently has 217 members and it appears that Ms. Whitney Porter is the admin for the page. I am guessing that only admitted students are added to this page. Based on this data, LMU-DCOM might have at least 25 – 30 seats to fill in. I am not sure how many of the admitted students are still waiting to be cleared for other schools. Just my observation and I might be totally wrong.

I just interviewed here this morning and the interview could not have went better. They were very friendly and encouraging. Super laid back interview. Now to play the waiting game. Just hoping they still have seats available this late in the cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
Update: I just reached out to admissions and they confirmed there are still seats available for the Harrogate campus. I didn’t ask about Knoxville.

Reactions: 2 users
I checked the FB page ‘LMU-DCOM Harrogate Class of 2024’ and it currently has 217 members and it appears that Ms. Whitney Porter is the admin for the page. I am guessing that only admitted students are added to this page. Based on this data, LMU-DCOM might have at least 25 – 30 seats to fill in. I am not sure how many of the admitted students are still waiting to be cleared for other schools. Just my observation and I might be totally wrong.
I definitely think there are a good number of seats left at Harrogate. Of the 217 members in the Facebook group, a small chunk of those members are current students in leadership positions at LMU. So unless a ton of accepted students don’t use Facebook, I do think they have spots left that they will fill with newly interviewed and waitlisted students.

I definitely think there are a good number of seats left at Harrogate. Of the 217 members in the Facebook group, a small chunk of those members are current students in leadership positions at LMU. So unless a ton of accepted students don’t use Facebook, I do think they have spots left that they will fill with newly interviewed and waitlisted students.
Also for those who are waitlisted, LMU tends to have a pretty big turn around and pulls a lot of students from the waitlist.

Does anyone know anything about LMU's DO/MBA program and if it's actually worth it? And how the MBA classes are structured? Essays? Exams?

Also for those who are waitlisted, LMU tends to have a pretty big turn around and pulls a lot of students from the waitlist.
Good to know that. I hope to hear some good news. Thank you.

I just got off the waitlist this morning for Knoxville! Missed their call cuz I was sleeping but called back and I’m in!!

Reactions: 12 users
I just got off the waitlist this morning for Knoxville! Missed their call cuz I was sleeping but called back and I’m in!!
Congratulations on your acceptance. When did you interview and when were you placed on the waitlist?

hoping to be pulled from the harrogate class to the knoxville class...has anyone been pulled from that WL yet?

can you ask to do this? or were you offered interviews at both?
You can only interview for the campus you selected as a preference. (No preference defaults to Harrogate). But once you are accepted you can request a campus change.

I’m pretty sure people on the waitlist for Knoxville get priority over people trying to transfer from Harrogate. Could be wrong, but I’m not sure how else they would do it. Hopefully they will start pulling soon now that we’re getting into May.