2019-2020 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They typically notify on a rolling basis (not my first cycle)! They don’t always call right after the meeting though because many are physicians and busy so in the past they tend to call that Friday-Monday after from the sdn threads I’ve watched!
Also It’s not the Friday after your interview specifically. The way uk works is they interview twice a week and then they have a biweekly committee meeting to talk about the candidates from that two week period (I believe these are Wednesday’s or thursdays)! So it just happens the people in the second week of that may get a call the Friday after it just depends on where they are in their meetings. But from my interview it sounded like this week was the meeting week so hopefully we’ll get a few EDs soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Also interviewed on 8/27, IS, and I heard it both ways; they'll notify candidates the friday after they meet or they truly wait until October 1st to make the decision. But good luck to everyone!
What did you think of the interview? Anything out of ordinary or different? Any tips or warnings or things to look out for?

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you think of the interview? Anything out of ordinary or different? Any tips or warnings or things to look out for?

All of the questions were very standard; the two committee members who interviewed me from the get-go said that they hate the questions. Lol. It was very relaxed and conversational, nothing out of the ordinary. Mine ended up being two 40-minute sessions but I know of a few who went longer and shorter.

Just get there early. The interview coordinator is super sweet.

Anyone heard anything back yet?
They told us (8/13) that we wouldn't hear until 10/1. I also emailed a professor I know on the admissions committee and she said we won't be told until the 1st either. I'm just confused because it seems other people who interviewed at a different date were told something different than us! Was anyone told we would hear before the 1st?

I interviewed on 8/21 and was told 2-3 weeks to hear back! So it's been about 3 weeks now!!

Does anyone who interviewed have any more feedback? I am also confused if they will notify of acceptances prior to Oct 1st.

I was told 3 weeks back when I interviewed, but the same person who told me that has since said Oct. 1st.

OOS applicant, very strong ties, just received my II on Wednesday (Sept. 11th), extremely excited, and signed up for January 14th. I clicked the email a little late (15 minutes or so) to sign up and think there was a November 19th day available and even a December 14th. The other dates went late February. Is there any way to get earlier dates if other applicants cancel or is it set. I know that getting earlier dates gives me a better chance since its rolling acceptances. I saw in previous years the portal remained open in case others canceled. Thank you in advance if anyone can help!

Reactions: 1 user
OOS applicant, very strong ties, just received my II on Wednesday (Sept. 11th), extremely excited, and signed up for January 14th. I clicked the email a little late (15 minutes or so) to sign up and think there was a November 19th day available and even a December 14th. The other dates went late February. Is there any way to get earlier dates if other applicants cancel or is it set. I know that getting earlier dates gives me a better chance since its rolling acceptances. I saw in previous years the portal remained open in case others canceled. Thank you in advance if anyone can help!
I would email the interview coordinator. I think her name is Robin. I had to reschedule my interview last year and they were accommodating. They may be able to get you an earlier date.

Reactions: 1 users
Let me know if anyone gets news today! I know they said Oct 1st but I think the committee meets today and am wondering if they will give any unofficial acceptances.

Let me know if anyone gets news today! I know they said Oct 1st but I think the committee meets today and am wondering if they will give any unofficial acceptances.
Whats an "unofficial" acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take to hear back about an interview? Trying to get a handle on the timeline haha

I know people who just got ll invites last week! I think it depends on when you submit your application I believe.
I just submitted my secondary yesterday. One of the other schools I applied to notified me the next day, but I don't know if that's common for all schools. Will they email about an invitation or call?

I just submitted my secondary yesterday. One of the other schools I applied to notified me the next day, but I don't know if that's common for all schools. Will they email about an invitation or call?

email

Interview invite today for Lexington! Soonest date was 2/25

Last edited:
Could someone tell me is the interview blind or open file??

Open file! They actually have your application printed out in front of them (but they’ve already read it beforehand) with some notes on it of things to ask you! At least my interviewers did!
This is partially true. They have you secondary, but do not have access to your GPA or MCAT

This is partially true. They have you secondary, but do not have access to your GPA or MCAT
Oh really?? I have a subpar MCAT score and was wondering if I should prepare to answer if they ask. I know UofL is blind. I also heard that if they don’t ask about your stats, you should never bring it up. What do you think?

Oh really?? I have a subpar MCAT score and was wondering if I should prepare to answer if they ask. I know UofL is blind. I also heard that if they don’t ask about your stats, you should never bring it up. What do you think?
At our interview date, they encouraged us to explain any concerns with our academic or MCAT records. So I would assume it's up to you what you find concerning, and if you want to bring that up to them!

• Love
For anyone that has interviewed at Lexington, my email said to meet in the dean's conference room (MN136). It doesn't provide a building or address though so I have no idea where I am supposed to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I interview tomorrow morning :)

For anyone that has interviewed at Lexington, my email said to meet in the dean's conference room (MN136). It doesn't provide a building or address though so I have no idea where I am supposed to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I interview tomorrow morning :)
Go through the entrance Pavillon H (the old hospital), go down towards the desk and then left and keep walking down that hall until you see a conference room door!

You can ask around or look for the Dental School too. They have the same ground floor entrance and then there are arrows that point to the Medical side.

Did anyone get an email today from AAMC about a background check? It said “You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks...” is this good news....????????? Early decision

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone get an email today from AAMC about a background check? It said “You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks...” is this good news....????????? Early decision
I did as well... kinda freaking out

I got that too! Good news hopefully?? Also ED!

me too! don't want to get too excited because worried it may be a scam or something lol

I mean it’s a pretty lengthy form, not something I’d think they’d just send to all applicants.

I mean it’s a pretty lengthy form, not something I’d think they’d just send to all applicants.
i agree in the email it literally says conditionally accepted. i dont think they would send that to people who had been rejected right?! that would just be cruel

i agree in the email it literally says conditionally accepted. i dont think they would send that to people who had been rejected right?! that would just be cruel
Also I just looked it up on AAMC and it says word for word “Certiphi Screening, Inc. will procure a background report on early decision program applicants once they are accepted...”

I can tell y’all last year I was WL RD here and did NOT get this email so unless it’s a new thing...

Also I just looked it up on AAMC and it says word for word “Certiphi Screening, Inc. will procure a background report on early decision program applicants once they are accepted...”
You’re a blessing

Also im just curious, is it possible to get waitlisted as ED? Or do they just reject/accept?
I believe it’s not really WL, but that they can move you into the regular applicant pool. At least that’s my understanding.

I got this email too!!! I was in the alternate pool last year and never received this. I really don't know what to make of it though. I can't imagine they would do a full background check on all of their applicants.

I would like to issue a conditional congratulations to those who received the email

Reactions: 6 users
Received this email too this morning; hoping for good news Oct 1st!