2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL. Interviewed late November, notified about WL last week. Thought I would update! But to be fair, they said multiple times during my interview getting WL'ed right now is not a big deal, and was actually to be expected, as they already met more than half of the seats, and that was back in late November.

Same happened to me and I was called today with a spot! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations!!
Do you mind sharing your stats?

I had a really low MCAT of 495, Undergrad GPA of 3.5, Grad GPA of 3.9. I think all my advanced research at the CDC and my graduate degree from Emory helped balance out my low MCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all recently accepted! As said many many pages ago, I am an OMS-I, and here to answer any questions if needed!

For those still waiting, be patient! I applied early October. I did not get an interview invite until late March, interviewed early April, and accepted 6 days before classes! Be strong!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all recently accepted! As said many many pages ago, I am an OMS-I, and here to answer any questions if needed!

For those still waiting, be patient! I applied early October. I did not get an interview invite until late March, interviewed early April, and accepted 6 days before classes! Be strong!

Hey thank you for your encouragement! When did you receive a secondary? I submitted mine fairly late as well and my application hasn’t even been looked at.

Hey thank you for your encouragement! When did you receive a secondary? I submitted mine fairly late as well and my application hasn’t even been looked at.
Received a secondary the day after a submitted my primary. So, October.

Complete mid August, IS, fit their mission... nothing but silence! Trying to stay hopeful.

I know that for the LOR section of the secondary it says not to resubmit letters if they were already sent through AACOMAS, but if I leave that page blank, it shows up as incomplete. Does anyone know how to bypass this?
Also, for the CV section, how are we meant to account for periods of time when we were unemployed? The options given don't really fit that.
And in the Additional Information section where it asks about lapses in time of 2 years or greater, does that refer exclusively to our undergrad years or does that include since graduating from undergrad?

Howdy, y'all. Anyone know how long it took before you received a secondary? I was complete mid November... do I still have a shot?

Howdy, y'all. Anyone know how long it took before you received a secondary? I was complete mid November... do I still have a shot?

I got my secondary within a week of my initial app. From what I can tell they seem to be about 75% full if not more.

Members don't see this ad :)
how long did it take for admissions to call after Il? Interviewed 2 weeks ago and patiently waiting but its all I can think about

how long did it take for admissions to call after Il? Interviewed 2 weeks ago and patiently waiting but its all I can think about

Mine took about a month but mine was also in the space with Thanksgiving and Christmas. I got called about a month after and was waitlisted and then called like 8 days after that to be accepted.

Received an ii just now! OOS. Secondary submitted in september.

Mine took a week. They told us the admissions commitee meets once a month, so it will just depend on when they meet again. (I found out on the 23rd last month so if they are spaced out exactly a month that would likely be close.)

I received a phone call from the professor of pathology with an acceptance an hour ago. My first choice. Interviewed on Jan 29th.

Reactions: 2 users
I received a phone call from the professor of pathology with an acceptance an hour ago. My first choice. Interviewed on Jan 29th.

Congrats! Hope to see you at admitted students day!

Im interviewing beginning of March- is it safe to say they're only waitlisting at this point? Also does anyone have any tips for the interview or mind sharing how they prepped?

Currently choosing between this school and WVSOM. Can anyone speak to the mandatory attendance policy and dress code (any current students in here)? That is the only thing that is deterring me from saying Auburn VCOM right away and as I have talked to other people they say that mandatory attendance policy would be a big deciding factor as they never went to class. Let alone being in class from 8-5 PM every day.

Currently choosing between this school and WVSOM. Can anyone speak to the mandatory attendance policy and dress code (any current students in here)? That is the only thing that is deterring me from saying Auburn VCOM right away and as I have talked to other people they say that mandatory attendance policy would be a big deciding factor as they never went to class. Let alone being in class from 8-5 PM every day.

I am not a current student but I thought the same thing. The reason I decided on VCOM is I worried that without mandatory attendance I may miss important days when things get tough making the boards so much harder. With mandatory attendance, I will be there and learn everything much better than people who skip days. That was just my thinking as someone who knows she likes to skip class.

I will be interviewing the first week of March...does anyone have any interview tips? Also, are they waitlisting at this point?

I will be interviewing the first week of March...does anyone have any interview tips? Also, are they waitlisting at this point?

My biggest recommendation is to be prepared for lots of questions since your interviewing with 3 people but be genuine. Also, have some questions prepared to ask. When I interviewed back in November they were waitlisting, I was waitlisted, but removed from the waitlist 10 days later. So I wouldn't worry to much if you were waitlisted because there seems to be a lot of movement off of it.

You got this!

My biggest recommendation is to be prepared for lots of questions since your interviewing with 3 people but be genuine. Also, have some questions prepared to ask. When I interviewed back in November they were waitlisting, I was waitlisted, but removed from the waitlist 10 days later. So I wouldn't worry to much if you were waitlisted because there seems to be a lot of movement off of it.

You got this!
Thank you!

I was reading on VCOM's portal some time ago and I think I read something stating that once accepted to VCOM they require you to submit a letter from a D.O. is this true???

I was reading on VCOM's portal some time ago and I think I read something stating that once accepted to VCOM they require you to submit a letter from a D.O. is this true???
Yes this is true. I would ask VCOM-Auburn Admission Team if you are worried about fulfilling the requirement.

Yes this is true. I would ask VCOM-Auburn Admission Team if you are worried about fulfilling the requirement.
Do you know how strict they are with this? I don't really know any D.O.'s that are near me

Do you know how strict they are with this? I don't really know any D.O.'s that are near me

Rather than try to get special permission to avoid a DO letter, just look up a nearby DO and tell them you have gotten into VCOM and need a letter.

Rather than try to get special permission to avoid a DO letter, just look up a nearby DO and tell them you have gotten into VCOM and need a letter.

I did this and they are very accommodating as far as length of time to get the letter.. They just have to have it by start of class I believe.

Has anyone else been moved off the waitlist recently? Just got notified I was waitlisted (interviewed 2/25) and trying to determine if I have a chance of getting in this year or if I should start hitting the MCAT books again..

Has anyone else been moved off the waitlist recently? Just got notified I was waitlisted (interviewed 2/25) and trying to determine if I have a chance of getting in this year or if I should start hitting the MCAT books again..

They pull a bunch of people off the waitlist. If you were WL'd you have a pretty good shot at being accepted, just be patient.

Howdy. currently an OMS-II at VCOM-Auburn. Feel free to PM me with questions if you have any :~) maybe I can help!!!

I have heard from a lot of med students that mandatory attendance is a big deal breaker for when choosing between similar schools

Asking for a friend. Is VCOM-Auburn still active in the cycle? She just submitted her secondary last week and was wondering what her chances are. 500 MCAT, 3.7+ GPA, in a specialized masters program now. TX resident.

Anything will help. Thank you!

Asking for a friend. Is VCOM-Auburn still active in the cycle? She just submitted her secondary last week and was wondering what her chances are. 500 MCAT, 3.7+ GPA, in a specialized masters program now. TX resident.

Anything will help. Thank you!
Current student here. That I know of, they are still conducting interviews but it may be for the waitlist (don’t quote me on that). But we have students in our class that were picked off of the waitlist at the last moment.

Just an update for any students hoping to hear back from VCOM-Auburn. Our campus is closing for three weeks and going to an online format. I’m not sure how that will affect interviews, acceptances, waitlist, etc. But I just wanted to update you guys if VCOM hasn’t already sent out emails to y’all. Good luck and hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
A friend of mine interviewed on 3/3 and got accepted 3/13. Anyone else hear back on that day as well?

A friend of mine interviewed on 3/3 and got accepted 3/13. Anyone else hear back on that day as well?

I interviewed that day and I still have not heard anything back yet.

I interviewed that day as well. Haven't heard back..
Yeah it's weird how they accepted one student that interviewed that day but others have not heard anything yet? Are we rolled onto the next month for decision? I figured all of us would atleast hear something back if someone from our group of interviewees heard back.

Yeah it's weird how they accepted one student that interviewed that day but others have not heard anything yet? Are we rolled onto the next month for decision? I figured all of us would atleast hear something back if someone from our group of interviewees heard back.
I talked to my older brother and he mentioned that that person most likely passed the eye test on numbers and that they’re still evaluating the rest. I’m sure the coronavirus has stalled the interview process as well.

Edit: Waitlisted

Last edited:
I talked to my older brother and he mentioned that that person most likely passed the eye test on numbers and that they’re still evaluating the rest. I’m sure the coronavirus has stalled the interview process as well.

Edit: Waitlisted
Waitlisted as well. Anyone know how good the movement is for waitlists?

Still haven't heard back from March 3rd interview. What are the chances of rejection once you get past the interview? Is it common? Only in rare cases?
Note: nothing particular went wrong that day. Nothing said that I regretted. Overall I thought I did really well so I'm confused.

Still haven't heard back from March 3rd interview. What are the chances of rejection once you get past the interview? Is it common? Only in rare cases?
Note: nothing particular went wrong that day. Nothing said that I regretted. Overall I thought I did really well so I'm confused.
OMS-I here.

You probably didn’t do anything wrong. I didn’t even interview until April and was accepted 6 days before school began. Usually this late in the cycle, VCOM is interviewing for waitlist spots. But that’s normal!

Chances? Not sure. My interview group had 7 people in April, and of those, 3 were accepted. But you - and everyone else who is still waiting - are still very much in the game

Also, heads up for everyone.

VCOM just cancelled on-site school until July with only essential faculty showing up to the building until then. Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

I promise though that they are still working hard and diligent to accommodate to all.

Feel free to ask me any questions!