2018-2019 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thinking I need to give up on this school. The Facebook keeps growing and it’s starting to get really sad to see people being accepted without me
I’m sorry but how could you give up on May 20? There’s 2 more more months before the first day of classes and it is well know that this waitlist cycle is super super weird. Many of the big adcoms of sdn are saying in the waitlist thread they’re completely winging it and that a lot of movement will happen later in the cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thinking I need to give up on this school. The Facebook keeps growing and it’s starting to get really sad to see people being accepted without me
Feel you on being disheartened, but try not to obsess over it - my happiest moments are thinking about other things. Pre-set yourself a date to withdrawal if you're going to do it that way, but I agree it's a little early. Try not to succumb to the cortisol =/

Reactions: 1 user
Feel you on being disheartened, but try not to obsess over it - my happiest moments are thinking about other things. Pre-set yourself a date to withdrawal if you're going to do it that way, but I agree it's a little early. Try not to succumb to the cortisol =/
I’m sorry but how could you give up on May 20? There’s 2 more more months before the first day of classes and it is well know that this waitlist cycle is super super weird. Many of the big adcoms of sdn are saying in the waitlist thread they’re completely winging it and that a lot of movement will happen later in the cycle.
People on reddit think that WL movement is mostly over? So nobody knows perhaps?
Balance is key. I have some hope, but I am not unrealistically expecting an acceptance. I am planning for the reapp. Goodluck fam.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

The Facebook group isn't only accepted applicants; there are tons of current students looking for subleasers and selling textbooks and whatnot, so the number of members doesn't necessarily reflect acceptances. Good luck, friend!!

Reactions: 5 users
Cmon... someone has to have a waitlist update. Anyone? Anyone? Keep my hope alive vicariously, yes?

Accepted off the waitlist two days ago around 6pm. OOS. Completely unexpected.

is it safe to lose hope now as IS ?

I mean IS people are going to get in between now and August 3rd. You could be the next person, you could be the last person. We just dont know.

I mean IS people are going to get in between now and August 3rd. You could be the next person, you could be the last person. We just dont know.

Maybe, but IS movement is definitely slower than usual this year. I thought more offers from the WL would be made with the new traffic rules, but it looks like the opposite is happening :shrug:

Do we think OOS movement has crawled to a close? I’m really keeping my fingers crossed VCU pulls through for me. I can’t imagine leaving Virginia. :bigtears:

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s seeming that way

Recall the sampling bias imposed by SDN - safe to assume 75-90%+ of applicants aren’t even on here. That said, last year’s thread shows movement well into June, and just last week an adcom told me directly that the WL is still moving along.

Losing hope lol. Studying hard for my MCAT re-take. Funn stuff. Hang in there everyone!

I have a CTE deadline of May 20th at my school and really hate the idea of pulling myself off the WLs, but I emailed the schools I am waitlisted at letting them know of the upcoming CTE deadline. I think that's really all you can do.

Did any of the school you were WL'ed at let you know a decision before your CTE deadline?

Not officially. But said that their waitlists weren’t moving so I had to take myself off of them

I think it's safe to say the bulk of waitlist movement is over with. There will probably be some trickling here and there but I think the weeks of more than 3 people reporting acceptance off the IS waitlist are done. Good luck everyone

Especially for those without an acceptance, we just have to be proactive about our futures! Can't let a minor set-back deter us at this point. Think about all those hours in the library, the research, etc. It'll all work out in the end, so let's make it happen!

Especially for those without an acceptance, we just have to be proactive about our futures! Can't let a minor set-back deter us at this point. Think about all those hours in the library, the research, etc. It'll all work out in the end, so let's make it happen!
Yeah fam do your best to be positive! Good!

I am working on my reapp as we speak. I think I will be slightly on edge until the current cycle is over (is this normal?), but at least I am being productive (just in case things don't work out).

Hey has anyone had any luck with their transcript information updating in the applicant portal? I had my university send mine close to a month ago and this change still has not been reflected in the portal.

Hey has anyone had any luck with their transcript information updating in the applicant portal? I had my university send mine close to a month ago and this change still has not been reflected in the portal.
ditto, i sent mine 2-3 weeks ago

One of the transcripts that I sent used a service that provided me a receipt once it had been opened by the recipient. I received the receipt awhile ago, but my portal hasn't been updated so just because they haven't updated it doesn't mean that they haven't received them.

Can any current students talk about what takes place during orientation? It appears that it's going to last 2 weeks, but will class start prior to the end of that? Also, is each day a full day of stuff or is it just kind of spread throughout the two weeks? Other than the key things like the white coat ceremony there isn't much information about what is going to be going on. The reason I ask is I'm going to possibly be in the process of moving out of my apartment (I already live in Richmond) during the first week of orientation due to the way leases line up and am trying to plan accordingly.

Same here. I emailed Gail Steele and she said she had received all of mine, so I guess that they just aren't updating the portal much for people who have been accepted.

Anyone know what VCU's CTE deadline is? I know it was posted in here earlier but I can't find it.

Hi long time lurker here... Got off the waitlist last night, OOS! Was being proactive about reapplying and retook my MCAT two weeks ago... talk about irony. Super pumped and good luck to everyone on here!

Reactions: 10 users
Hi long time lurker here... Got off the waitlist last night, OOS! Was being proactive about reapplying and retook my MCAT two weeks ago... talk about irony. Super pumped and good luck to everyone on here!
Congratulations :)

Does anyone mind sharing how they felt after their MMI? I welcome a PM. I have a LizzyM that's ~68 and am wondering if the interview is why I'm
WLed

It’s definitely moving, I got off the list today!
LM 68, OOS

Congratulations :)

Does anyone mind sharing how they felt after their MMI? I welcome a PM. I have a LizzyM that's ~68 and am wondering if the interview is why I'm
WLed

I feel like it’s so hard for me to know with MMI. Personally I’m not a fan of them because it’s hard to really connect with the interviewer in such a short time (and sometimes they are purposefully distant). Also I felt like I varied wildly on how I did. For example, I thought I crushed it at a school that I eventually was rejected to and I felt like mine at VCU wasn’t my very best but still okay. I wouldn’t put all the weight on any one thing and just assume the more balanced you are in all things, the better. But that’s just my thoughts!

I feel like it’s so hard for me to know with MMI. Personally I’m not a fan of them because it’s hard to really connect with the interviewer in such a short time (and sometimes they are purposefully distant). Also I felt like I varied wildly on how I did. For example, I thought I crushed it at a school that I eventually was rejected to and I felt like mine at VCU wasn’t my very best but still okay. I wouldn’t put all the weight on any one thing and just assume the more balanced you are in all things, the better. But that’s just my thoughts!
Thanks so much for getting back to me!!

Yeah I felt good about my MMI overall at VCU but I could've done slightly better. Sounds like we had a similar feeling. I also felt ok and got an R post-MMI at another school lol. Are we twins? XD

Anyone know if the IS waitlist is still moving? Been pretty dead here on SDN

Anyone know if the IS waitlist is still moving? Been pretty dead here on SDN
I know Dr. WHC a couple days ago said the waitlist is still moving, I don't know specifically IS or OOS though

Well if you look in the waitlist support thread waitlists are moving slowly across the board. So either there’s gonna be a late boom, or that’s just the way it’s gonna be this year.

Ah, very interesting! Hoping that she meant it's still moving on both IS/OOS sides
I really hope VCU is the type of schools that will let you know early if you are unlikely to get in (based on your relative WL position). This wait is driving me nuts.

I am reapplying in the mean time, but the uncertainty is still challenging. It is hard at times.

Does VCU withdraw you from waitlist if you commit to another school

Does VCU withdraw you from waitlist if you commit to another school

I saw this on the WL thread. Schools will know that you have hit CTE. They automatically get an update that you have selected CTE. Depending on their policy, they may contact you to confirm your decision then remove you from their waitlist. I would call into the office sometime to confirm prior to committing just to be on the safe side. Some schools only have suggestions, others enforce strict policies.

I know Dr. WHC a couple days ago said the waitlist is still moving, I don't know specifically IS or OOS though
I wonder how slowly it is moving though

I really want to know if I am at the bottom of the waitlist or not. Then I know if I should move on

Can an accepted student confirm the CTE date for VCU is July 8th? Sorry to keep bringing this up lol, just the last time I asked, I just got that @medicdoc123 thought it was July 8th but there weren't more confident answers after that. VCU's also isn't listed in the SDN deadline thread.

Yep July 8th is what has been in all of our communication from the Admissions Committee