2018-2019 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe VCU is holding off? Then again I do see the advantage of forcing CTE before UVA CTE to boost stats I guess... Don't know though and assuming can be dangerous.

Members don't see this ad.

VCU didn't know I think. They were under the impression UVA's CTE was July 1st and the Dean told me to expect WL movement first week of July a few weeks ago. I think UVA changed their CTE date unexpectedly.

I read your post on UVA's thread (and that other person who called and asked about withdrawing after CTE) - maybe CTE doesn't even mean anything anymore and is more of a formality...

• Selecting “Commit to Enroll” does not automatically withdraw applications from other medical schools. Applicants must communicate directly with all schools about their final decision according to each school’s specific policy.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, students are still withdrawing. Slot number is unknown. Let's stop bothering her :giggle:

Edit: July 29 will be the end date for offers. Patience now everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, students are still withdrawing. Slot number is unknown. Let's stop bothering her :giggle:

Edit: July 29 will be the end date for offers. Patience now everyone!
Did she sound annoyed? Lol. I take it she didn't give any indication of movement IS vs OOS.

I specifically asked about IS vs OOS, but you can’t really predict who will withdraw is what I am speculating. She was not annoyed, just short and sweet to the point.

Nah fam! Re-taking the mcat in about 20 days! Sometimes life be like that. Will make us better physicians because of it though. Keep going strong everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Okay. I'm not sure if this is true, but I have tabs right now. I don't know if that's a technical error or if it's actually real because I didn't get an email and the school is not showing up on my AMCAS CTE/PTE page. Thoughts? Did anyone else get this?

I don't want to get excited for no reason, so I'm just keeping calm and assuming it's not real yet.
I checked and have no tabs so it might be the news you've been waiting for. Let us know what happens !

This is what I see. I just checked it about 30min ago, but it's not on my CTE page nor did I get an email.

Congrats, you got accepted! I think you have to pay the deposit before CTE/PTE shows up on AMCAS.

Congrats, you got accepted! I think you have to pay the deposit before CTE/PTE shows up on AMCAS.

Thanks, I hope you're right! I will call them first thing tomorrow morning to ask

Okay. I'm not sure if this is true, but I have tabs right now. I don't know if that's a technical error or if it's actually real because I didn't get an email and the school is not showing up on my AMCAS CTE/PTE page. Thoughts? Did anyone else get this?

I don't want to get excited for no reason, so I'm just keeping calm and assuming it's not real yet.

Congrats! I think it's an acceptance! Just tried to check my portal and it isn't working :/

uhmm...so I heard that the VCU waitlist “is still evolving.”

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not really sure either, that’s why I posted it here. One of the deans said it, but my brain somehow can’t wrap around the word evolving 0.0
I guess it means it is still moving, which seems to be the case since someone was accepted yesterday

I am not really sure either, that’s why I posted it here. One of the deans said it, but my brain somehow can’t wrap around the word evolving 0.0

One of my friends had called the office last week, VCU had said that they won’t be accepting people who have CTE’d elsewhere. Now that most of the CTE deadlines have passed, maybe that’s why the WL is moving at a decent rate, because they’ve skipped / removed those that have CTE’d

Reactions: 2 users
I think we will all have evolved by the time we start med school at the rate these cycles go...

One of my friends had called the office last week, VCU had said that they won’t be accepting people who have CTE’d elsewhere. Now that most of the CTE deadlines have passed, maybe that’s why the WL is moving at a decent rate, because they’ve skipped / removed those that have CTE’d
Something about that doesn’t seem right since I think mariposas had to CTE to OUWB on the 16th

Something about that doesn’t seem right since I think mariposas had to CTE to OUWB on the 16th

Oh was not aware of that, maybe they got an extension? I guess we'll wait for mariposas to respond. If not maybe I'll try contacting VCU myself to see if they are adhering to the policy.

@mariposas905

Were you accepted off the waitlist? What did you learn when you called today? Thanks!

Yes!

Oh was not aware of that, maybe they got an extension? I guess we'll wait for mariposas to respond. If not maybe I'll try contacting VCU myself to see if they are adhering to the policy.

So this information is off and that's not the school, but my situation is a little unique lol I can confirm however that vcu is adhering to this policy unless the schools you've been accepted to have different requirements

Also, it looks like status emails are not being sent anymore so make sure to keep checking your portal for any updates! I think there will be more movement

I'm aware the adcoms themselves might not know but I wish we could know if "evolving" means more than X unfilled seats or if it means "hey this one person might drop, he or she just hasn't responded to our emails yet, but the rest of the class is set in stone".

Yes!

So this information is off and that's not the school, but my situation is a little unique lol I can confirm however that vcu is adhering to this policy unless the schools you've been accepted to have different requirements

Congratulations! Piggybacking off what @medicdoc123 said earlier, I'm really happy for you and I've come to really appreciate all the regular posters in this thread and hope them all only success moving forward. I was led to believe SDN was a bunch of tools constantly posting their high MCAT and GPA scores but that hasn't been the case at all in this thread, here we've all just been anxious waistlistees in the same boat, just hoping for acceptances. Here's to a few more of us getting plucked off the WL :angelic:

Reactions: 7 users
Also, it looks like status emails are not being sent anymore so make sure to keep checking your portal for any updates! I think there will be more movement
Can you let us know if/when you receive a status change email?

Asking because the last thing I'd like to do is neurotically refresh my application portal for the final weeks of the cycle.

Can you let us know if/when you receive a status change email?

Asking because the last thing I'd like to do is neurotically refresh my application portal for the final weeks of the cycle.

So I never got a status change email and don't think I will. Those emails are either not happening anymore or maybe there was a technical glitch :shrug: but I would recommend checking your portal real quick every day after 6pm since that is when it updates. If I hadn't checked my portal, I wouldn't have known my status because I didn't receive an email or phone call from VCU. Also, they give you a week to accept or reject.

I'm aware the adcoms themselves might not know but I wish we could know if "evolving" means more than X unfilled seats or if it means "hey this one person might drop, he or she just hasn't responded to our emails yet, but the rest of the class is set in stone".

Congratulations! Piggybacking off what @medicdoc123 said earlier, I'm really happy for you and I've come to really appreciate all the regular posters in this thread and hope them all only success moving forward. I was led to believe SDN was a bunch of tools constantly posting their high MCAT and GPA scores but that hasn't been the case at all in this thread, here we've all just been anxious waistlistees in the same boat, just hoping for acceptances. Here's to a few more of us getting plucked off the WL :angelic:

Thank you so much for the kind message! I hope you hear good news this year too :)

Sending good vibes for the last week of decisions!

has anyone heard anything? i emailed dean cook asking about any info on waitlist movement and havent heard back yet. did/can anyone else ask?

Looks like July 29, tomorrow, will be the last day for offers. It's been a fun ride everyone! Best of luck to everyone! It will all work out in the end!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, can't believe we've all parted ways it seems as if it was just yesterday we were all waitlisted at VCU :laugh:. For those of you that were fortunate to get accepted how is school going for you guys and for those of you who re-applied how are apps going? I wish you all the best of luck in the future, hopefully we come across each other on the forum again!

Hey guys, can't believe we've all parted ways it seems as if it was just yesterday we were all waitlisted at VCU :laugh:. For those of you that were fortunate to get accepted how is school going for you guys and for those of you who re-applied how are apps going? I wish you all the best of luck in the future, hopefully we come across each other on the forum again!
VCU is SO great, I love being here! Everyone reapplying, keep your heads up and good luck with this cycle, I hope to see ALL of you here next year!!