2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how are you guys going about buying the otoscopes/stethoscope etc... yall buyin them separately online or through them? they even want us buying our own measuring tapes lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got a call that takes more than a week to follow up with any other news? Anyone got a call that just led to more radio silence? Most people on here seem to have gotten acceptance emails in a few days, or even as early as the next day after the call, so 2 other people and I thought we would hear back this Thursday or Friday. Nothing so far. I've been standing on a fork in the road: can I get the green light on the physician route, or go along with the anesthesiologist assistant route instead (my app's almost done and raring to go, I'm not reapplying to med schools). C'mon what's it gonna be for me next year?? (Sorry I just need to vent)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I’m still on the alternate waitlist with no phone call. I’ve already scratched getting an MBA or MS just gonna continue working and learning how to manage a private practice. Still hopeful though for admission though

Anyone got a call that takes more than a week to follow up with any other news? Anyone got a call that just led to more radio silence? Most people on here seem to have gotten acceptance emails in a few days, or even as early as the next day after the call, so 2 other people and I thought we would hear back this Thursday or Friday. Nothing so far. I've been standing on a fork in the road: can I get the green light on the physician route, or go along with the anesthesiologist assistant route instead (my app's almost done and raring to go, I'm not reapplying to med schools). C'mon what's it gonna be for me next year?? (Sorry I just need to vent)
I hear ya ! Follow the plan and hope for the best

So wait, you interviewed but they told you the class is full? Does that mean you interviewed for a waitlist spot? Jesus :/
I interviewed on Thursday as well. They mentioned that they did not love their waitlist so they wanted to expand their search. Also they mentioned that 33 of the 36 who interviewed in May/early june were accepted and they are anticipating more movement for the tampa campus

• Wow
@dgstrikers If I recalled correctly, they met on Friday? Surprised we haven't received the decision yet.

We are the 3
Indeed, we are the 3 Musketeers. One for all and all for one!
I interviewed on Thursday as well. They mentioned that they did not love their waitlist so they wanted to expand their search. Also they mentioned that 33 of the 36 who interviewed in May/early june were accepted and they are anticipating more movement for the tampa campus
Well that makes me feel great. Love ya too, Nova.

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)

i interviewed in March and got waitlisted in April. Fun times Nova. Fun fun times.

If both campuses are full, how are they anticipating more movement for the Tampa campus? Movement from waitlist?

Last edited:
  • Sad
I am assuming/hoping that they are anticipating more movement since they opened the super late interview date.

They told you you were accepted during your interview hmmm and some one else said all spots full
So was it 33 spots anticipated or full?

There a quote a few WL ppl in here so...... Js

@dgstrikers I received my letter today. Will be calling to see what type of alternate I am.

They told you you were accepted during your interview hmmm and some one else said all spots full
So was it 33 spots anticipated or full?
No they did not say I was accepted how did u get that from my post? They told us that 33 of the 36 from the previous interview date were accepted. All they said was they are anticipating more open spots in tampa

They have different types ??? I didn’t know that
Yea they told us there was an alternate list and an accepted alternate list and to call them to see which list we are on. Basically if you are on the accepted alternate you have a better chance if a spot opens

No they did not say I was accepted how did u get that from my post? They told us that 33 of the 36 from the previous interview date were accepted. All they said was they are anticipating more open spots in tampa
Gotcha ;)

@dgstrikers Must be on it way! Hoping for good news for you!
Yea they told us there was an alternate list and an accepted alternate list and to call them to see which list we are on. Basically if you are on the accepted alternate you have a better chance if a spot opens
That awesome! 3 of us got a call last Friday
So we are hoping to hear
Good luck !

Hello,
I am applying for the 2019-2020 cycle. According to the school's website, it says that I have to pay the $50 for the secondary even if I received the AACOMAS fee assistance. But after they verify it, I will get a refund. Is this correct?

Hello,
I am applying for the 2019-2020 cycle. According to the school's website, it says that I have to pay the $50 for the secondary even if I received the AACOMAS fee assistance. But after they verify it, I will get a refund. Is this correct?
I’d ask the school since you pay them directly

Anyone in the class page can give us any update?

Anyone in the class page can give us any update?

I sent an email. A final inspection on the school will be done next week. They will email us on how to register for class. First day of school and orientation are on the same day (July 29). Just get your white coat, diagnostic kit, stethoscope, scrubs bought.

@Drmom96 Yup. They did said that they are expecting more movement.

Wait you have to call them or it will say it on your letter. My letter said alternate canidate, so I have to confirm with them if I am on the waitlist or alternate acceptance?

Acceptances have been gooing out the past few days. About 4 or 5 so far

I created our class facebook and we have a class groupme.

Hmm I see. Would you be able to ask if any of those were alternate-accepted before being accepted? @Strick09

How many people in your clearwater group me or facebook group ? Do you think the class is still full or are there some spots open?

It’s hard to say cause both pages have students that are currently M1-M4. Today I added two more people but I don’t know if they’re recently accepted or if they just found out about the Facebook page.

a few of the new people were accepted on july 1st after the last interview. plus we had a bunch comment ablut just getting accepted.