2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They seriously still interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they are offering the Tampa campus as an option to people on the WL?

it should already be setup that way. they have 1 waitlist for both campuses.
Any idea as to why interviews are being offered this late for the Tampa campus instead of pulling from the WL?

got the last minute interview invite as well.. i’m very interested but am worried it’s just for a waitlist spot

they are still putting people at clearwater. Not sure why they are interviewing more if there is a wait list
got the last minute interview invite as well.. i’m very interested but am worried it’s just for a waitlist spot

Lol it's June...go home Nova, you're drunk :laugh: Were any of you guys getting interviews rejected previously, or have you just been sitting in radio silence?

They probably don’t have enough students for Clearwater even with the waitlist. A lot more people want to go to Davie

I got the "up next" call yesterday. Got the acceptance to the Clearwater campus today. Interviewed early march

Reactions: 6 users
Lol it's June...go home Nova, you're drunk :laugh: Were any of you guys getting interviews rejected previously, or have you just been sitting in radio silence?
It's true. I got an email from them today offering me an interview. It says I would receive more details in 24 hours, but had the same June 27th date for the Tampa Bay/Clearwater campus. So those of you waitlisted, don't lose hope! Send more updates, LOI, anything!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve noticed a few people leave our Clearwater GroupMe because they got switched to the Davie campus. (Meaning those accepted to Davie originally are going to another school). As Mahogany said, they might be offering these interviews because the waitlist is running thin and they need to add more people in the worst possible case scenario. This could mean that those who have been on the waitlist for some time could see some movement.

It's true. I got an email from them today offering me an interview. It says I would receive more details in 24 hours, but had the same June 27th date for the Tampa Bay/Clearwater campus. So those of you waitlisted, don't lose hope! Send more updates, LOI, anything!
Omg congratulations!!!! Why aren’t they calling me ???? I’d go to Alaska ! Lol :) I’m sending another letter of intent! I love davie but thrilled to be in CW

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else worried or weirded out that they’re still interviewing this late when they already have a waitlist? If it’s true that they’re having trouble filling spots, isn’t that a bad sign for the class? I’m already admitted into the Tampa class but going to a school that is having trouble filling spots is worrisome...

Is anyone else worried or weirded out that they’re still interviewing this late when they already have a waitlist? If it’s true that they’re having trouble filling spots, isn’t that a bad sign for the class? I’m already admitted into the Tampa class but going to a school that is having trouble filling spots is worrisome...
Totally worried Bc I want to go there but have not got the call, alternate since late February
3.7cgpa honors
510 mcat
I’m not a total dork what the heck !!!!

Ugh

I truly think it’s just for collateral because there has been much movement as of late. There are 400 seats between the Davie/Clearwater campuses which means there probably has been a lot of movement as people are being accepted into their number one choice school.

I think in the worst case scenario if ~40-50 people got accepted into their number one choice school, they might not have enough people on the waitlist to fill those spots. Hence, why they are doing extra interviews. This is just my guess.

And to those of you who received an interview invite congratulations!

Hey! I’m a rising third year here. In my cycle year (2016-2017), I had 3 acceptances. One that I wrestled with until the last day I could—DMU, is a good well-respected, well-regarded established school. Anyway that year was a weird year for them and they ended up with a lot of people like me dropping the acceptance late and they ended up having another mini season of interviews in June into July because they got worried. I don’t have access to the internal numbers of how that all turned out or anything, but I remember that from my year.

So, it doesn’t mean anything bad about the program or your classmates. It is surprising, and frustrating to the current waitlist, but it doesn’t mean anything else. Especially because this is their first year sorting out admission to the additional campus. Who knows, maybe people are “Davie or nothing” because they were holding other acceptances, and thus declined outright if they got Clearwater or later when they were pulled from the waitlist to Clearwater.

Hey! I’m a rising third year here. In my cycle year (2016-2017), I had 3 acceptances. One that I wrestled with until the last day I could—DMU, is a good well-respected, well-regarded established school. Anyway that year was a weird year for them and they ended up with a lot of people like me dropping the acceptance late and they ended up having another mini season of interviews in June into July because they got worried. I don’t have access to the internal numbers of how that all turned out or anything, but I remember that from my year.

So, it doesn’t mean anything bad about the program or your classmates. It is surprising, and frustrating to the current waitlist, but it doesn’t mean anything else. Especially because this is their first year sorting out admission to the additional campus. Who knows, maybe people are “Davie or nothing” because they were holding other acceptances, and thus declined outright if they got Clearwater or later when they were pulled from the waitlist to Clearwater.
Good to know! Coming from a frustrated alternate

Yea been on the alternate since February so I’m surprised they are calling for interviews again. That said I put David as my top choice and wouldn’t want Clearwater.

Hey guys I was accepted this week and also would really like to attend davie. Do you guys think it is unlikely I will get a spot there considering the waitlist?

Hey guys I was accepted this week and also would really like to attend davie. Do you guys think it is unlikely I will get a spot there considering the waitlist?

I say 0.01% chance. I’m in all the Facebook groups for the incoming class, and there is already a very long internal wait list of accepted/deposited students wanting to switch from Clearwater to Davie.

To each their own, but I’m in Clearwater now because I’ll be starting rotations at Largo (which was my 1st choice core site!) July 1st and I’m much happier here. Also it’s a brand new facility. Also the faculty and staff are being evenly split, and Dr. Johnson is coming over as the associate dean overseeing the campus and he rocks.

Is there a different in the two campuses that would make one choose Clearwater? Is the curriculum different?

Is there a different in the two campuses that would make one choose Clearwater? Is the curriculum different?
the curriculum will be the same for both campuses. Everything that is available at the davie campus should also be available in CW

Omg congratulations!!!! Why aren’t they calling me ???? I’d go to Alaska ! Lol :) I’m sending another letter of intent! I love davie but thrilled to be in CW
I genuinely hope they extend the offer to you. I emailed them saying I am already matriculating somewhere else!

Totally worried Bc I want to go there but have not got the call, alternate since late February
3.7cgpa honors
510 mcat
I’m not a total dork what the heck !!!!
You have good competitive stats, I'd send a LOI and update asap!

Also, I think I also got an invite because I took a personally scheduled tour of NOVA's Davie campus (my mom moved to Southwest Ranches which is 10 minutes away). If possible, maybe try to schedule a tour at the clear water campus before next week? It's a long shot but if they see you are interested in the campus and you are a competitive applicant, it may get you a foot in the door.

the curriculum will be the same for both campuses. Everything that is available at the davie campus should also be available in CW

What about the gym and other facilities they showed us in davie? the tuition is the same but theres a lot more resources in davie...

What about the gym and other facilities they showed us in davie? the tuition is the same but theres a lot more resources in davie...

I have spent exactly zero minutes outside of HPD at school. I assume they will have study spaces, lab spaces, and gym facilities here if that’s important to you. I tried to look up the facilities plans but mostly kept seeing the existing Tampa campus (the one they’re moving out from) information, which did/does have a gym, and this is a much bigger and better complex.

Also, I think I also got an invite because I took a personally scheduled tour of NOVA's Davie campus (my mom moved to Southwest Ranches which is 10 minutes away). If possible, maybe try to schedule a tour at the clear water campus before next week? It's a long shot but if they see you are interested in the campus and you are a competitive applicant, it may get you a foot in the door.
Thank you thank you thank you

During the interview day the staff really stressed that in accordance with COCA (the accreditation committee) every resource that is in Davie must be the same in CW.

I sent my initial LOI back in May with no response. I sent it again today and received a confirmation.... sad times.

The two most important things for students: we will still have a gym, and we will still have a library. I’m not too sure what other facilities (originally located on the main campus) that we would be frequently using besides those two anyway. Maybe it doesn’t have the same grandeur as the main campus, but there are still a lot of things to be grateful about. For one, it’s purely a graduate professional school, so we’re going to be seeing and closely working with students in other graduate programs. This is similar to the experience we’d get on the main campus. Another pro is that there isn’t any of the distractions you would see on/near the main campus.

Edit- more Pros:

1) smaller class size means we’ll get to know our fellow classmates more personally
2) campus is located directly across (walking distance) Clearwater beach which was recently voted #1 beach in the U.S. by TripAdvisor
3) less traffic and cheaper housing compared to Davie

Edit 2-
I think one drawback that everyone keeps mentioning is that we won’t have upperclassmen to help us or give us resources. However, if I remember correctly during the interview, I think we will still be provided connections with upperclassmen. I just think it’d be more like FaceTime communication rather than face-to-face. Nonetheless, help will be there.

For me, the whole “being the first class to go to Tampa” is exciting. We are essentially forging the path for other students to come there and succeed after us. Hopefully we’ll get opportunities to transfer groups and organizations from the main campus. Maybe we’ll get the opportunity to create new ones. It’s going to be a challenge to try and figure it all out, but as students we get to embrace the challenge and participate in molding the new campus to what it needs to be. Yes, a lot of uncertainty lies ahead, but ultimately we have the chance to make a name for ourselves as the first graduating class from Tampa and lead the way for other students to follow us there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
The two most important things for students: we will still have a gym, and we will still have a library. I’m not too sure what other facilities (originally located on the main campus) that we would be frequently using besides those two anyway. Maybe it doesn’t have the same grandeur as the main campus, but there are still a lot of things to be grateful about. For one, it’s purely a graduate professional school, so we’re going to be seeing and closely working with students in other graduate programs. This is similar to the experience we’d get on the main campus. Another pro is that there isn’t any of the distractions you would see on/near the main campus.

Edit- more Pros:

1) smaller class size means we’ll get to know our fellow classmates more personally
2) campus is located directly across (walking distance) Clearwater beach which was recently voted #1 beach in the U.S. by TripAdvisor
Those are all great points, so glad they'll still have a gym. I got my acceptance email today and am scrambling to get everything in order before the first day but I'm so excited!

Reactions: 3 users
I just got a call from Nova asking if I was still interested :)! !!!! I hope my outcome is the same as many of yours ..... oh my gosh

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Edit- more Pros:

Edit 2-
I think one drawback that everyone keeps mentioning is that we won’t have upperclassmen to help us or give us resources. However, if I remember correctly during the interview, I think we will still be provided connections with upperclassmen. I just think it’d be more like FaceTime communication rather than face-to-face. Nonetheless, help will be there.

For me, the whole “being the first class to go to Tampa” is exciting. We are essentially forging the path for other students to come there and succeed after us. Hopefully we’ll get opportunities to transfer groups and organizations from the main campus. Maybe we’ll get the opportunity to create new ones. It’s going to be a challenge to try and figure it all out, but as students we get to embrace the challenge and participate in molding the new campus to what it needs to be. Yes, a lot of uncertainty lies ahead, but ultimately we have the chance to make a name for ourselves as the first graduating class from Tampa and lead the way for other students to follow us there.
You will be able to hold leadership positions as you start up clubs and set the standard. You will be the legacy of the first class of Clearwater Beach

I genuinely hope they extend the offer to you. I emailed them saying I am already matriculating somewhere else!
You are ? Where are you going? Best of luck! No matter where you go, you are going to be a Dr. Congratulations!

I just got a call from Nova asking if I was still interested :)! !!!! I hope my outcome is the same as many of yours ..... oh my gosh

That’s a really good sign!!!! I hope you get the email soon with good news!!

• Love
Hey guys heads up, they added clinical rotation immediately following the first year break. its 3 weeks, but you will need to find a doc that is PCM to work with by july 19th. They can be anywhere so you can spend extra time with family.

• Wow
Where did you see July 19th? It just says July 2019

err i was going for 29th and fat fingered it hahahha

• Haha