2018-2019 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh me either! I’m above the cut off too
Relax, no one's gotten one yet, they are right in the middle of orientation for the COM 2022 class.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
SDN sometimes makes the anxiety worse! I'm in the same boat... keeping high hopes they'll come our way soon!
Yeah more like I am only waiting on them and PCOM and ill be done with secondaries.

Reactions: 1 users
I know... KCU, PCOM, and WVSOM.

In the same boat, waiting on this school and all PCOMS.. I believe WVSOM has already started sending out secondaries, you should get it soon! :)

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in here and offer advice to anyone who needs it-- I'm about to officially start M1 year at the KC campus after 2 weeks of orientation :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in here and offer advice to anyone who needs it-- I'm about to officially start M1 year at the KC campus after 2 weeks of orientation :rolleyes:
Don't even remind me!

I'll echo what @fldoctorgirl stated above. I'll be starting at the Joplin the campus, so I'm available for any questions!

Are the clinical locations all in Kansas City or do you have to travel far?

They aren't. You can to to the webpage and look but KCs are spread out. You do spend 3rd year at the same site though

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't received anything secondary yet :(

Awesome! Mind posting the secondary prompts?

Part of KCU’s mission is to “improve the well-being of the communities we serve.” Describe what that means to you and how you would implement that mission as a student, as well as a graduate of KCU.

Describe a time when you had to prioritize multiple obligations in order to be successful.

Describe a time when you experienced failure. What did you learn about yourself from this experience?

Also a question about what you will be doing over next year if you're not a full time student and list your top 3 DO schools other than Kansas

Part of KCU’s mission is to “improve the well-being of the communities we serve.” Describe what that means to you and how you would implement that mission as a student, as well as a graduate of KCU.

Describe a time when you had to prioritize multiple obligations in order to be successful.

Describe a time when you experienced failure. What did you learn about yourself from this experience?

Also a question about what you will be doing over next year if you're not a full time student and list your top 3 DO schools other than Kansas
Word or character limit?

They aren't. You can to to the webpage and look but KCs are spread out. You do spend 3rd year at the same site though
Gotcha thanks. I meant more like am I going to have to move to finish clinicals like some schools. Good to know it’s all in the Kansas City area though.

Gotcha thanks. I meant more like am I going to have to move to finish clinicals like some schools. Good to know it’s all in the Kansas City area though.
You might have to move, you might not. You misunderstood me

Its 2500 characters for each prompt right?
Sorry, I am the first-time applicant, and I have not received any secondaries, but I still want to start working on them.
yes

2500 with spaces counting

Received an email stating they have received my primary and will review it in order to determine eligibility for a secondary. Anyone else receive this?

Received an email stating they have received my primary and will review it in order to determine eligibility for a secondary. Anyone else receive this?
Yepp. Hoping they review quickly!

Yepp. Hoping they review quickly!
Patience! I didnt get my secondary till the middle of November(6 weeks after my new MCAT scores were released) got an interview that week for 12/7 and was accepted a week later.

Same but I submitted primary last week.

3.6/508

I think we'll be fine. When I contacted adcom, they said that I should receive it by August 1st

Depends what site you get. In second year we will all rank sites and will be matched based off of that. Wherever you are for third year, you'll be there the entire year. There are sites in KC, Denver, Florida, etc. I can tell you (from what I've heard) that there is a huge push to get more KC rotations by the time our class gets to M3 year. I have also spoken extensively to upperclassmen about this because rotations were something that concerned me, and I was told that most people get to go to the site they wanted most.

Depends what site you get. In second year we will all rank sites and will be matched based off of that. Wherever you are for third year, you'll be there the entire year. There are sites in KC, Denver, Florida, etc. I can tell you (from what I've heard) that there is a huge push to get more KC rotations by the time our class gets to M3 year. I have also spoken extensively to upperclassmen about this because rotations were something that concerned me, and I was told that most people get to go to the site they wanted most.
Thanks you! This is good to hear! I would just like to stay in the Kansas City area. So if I have multiple acceptances it’s probably going to come down to which one has the best clinical set up.

Can a current KCUMB statement clarify what they are looking for and what they are trying to gain by asking this question
"Also a question about what you will be doing over next year if you're not a full time student and list your top 3 DO schools other than Kansas"
Not a current student but I’m pretty sure they are just asking if you are applying over a gap year (s) what are you doing with your life.

I would say they want an idea of the geographical area you are looking for. I wanted to stay in the midwest so it was easy

Hey ..... No need for that kind of a reply.
Let me re-state. I was wondering what qualities they wanted demonstrated over the gap year and what info they are trying to gain by asking the top 3 DO cuz no other school has. Nothing wrong with asking questions for clarifications yeah?
I was not trying to be rude lol. I just thought you had no idea what they meant. I would say they probably want you to say you are doing something to improve your application if you intend to apply again.

You all need to be patient. :p

Just submitted secondary!
This is my top DO school. Now time to wait

Hello all! I applied here last cycle— interviewed, got waitlisted, then got accepted! (Ultimately decided to go to DMU tho) I’m here to pay it forward so if you have any questions, feel free to DM me!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile