2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not get either an interview or a denial letter. No further information. Is still interview going on ??

I did not get either an interview or a denial letter. No further information. Is still interview going on ??

They are not interviewing anymore. I haven’t received anything since submitting my secondary in September as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off waitlist. It’s been a long journey fellas. Good luck guys :)

Reactions: 5 users
Did you ever send them a LOI?
I wrote them an update letter where I stated the school was my #1 choice before I got waitlisted. I definitely do think expressing interest helps 99% of the time.

Reactions: 1 user
I wrote them an update letter where I stated the school was my #1 choice before I got waitlisted. I definitely do think expressing interest helps 99% of the time.
trueee. congratulations! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I’ve decided to withdraw my acceptance here and attend at another school after a long and tough decision. I hope one of you on here gets my spot. Best wishes, I believe that this school produces some of the most essential doctors for the country so I’m rooting for you. God bless :hello:

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted today! Interviewed on 4/2 Waitlisted on 4/17

Reactions: 5 users
I only think it’s necessary if you have an update! But I’m not 100% sure!

You guys!! I was just awarded a scholarship. I’m so happy

Reactions: 10 users
I think if you didn’t reach out to them since waitlisted if May be a good idea to send an Intent Letter

Can anyone find the curriculum scheme for MD program? I cannot find it on the website.

Can anyone find the curriculum scheme for MD program? I cannot find it on the website.
If you have been accepted just email them asking for a PDF or the website to it lol

Got accepted into the PARP program today!

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone share a little more about the PARP program?

Preliminary Academic Readiness Program: It's a six week summer program designed to introduce students to the curriculum, to strengthen learning skills, to observe the students in the milieu of professional school, and to provide a measure the students ability to handle the curriculum. It will include academic material from the first year curriculum.....(paraphrased description of the program)

Has anyone been getting any communication about White coat ceremony or orientation?

Has anyone been getting any communication about White coat ceremony or orientation?
In the Facebook group, one of the liaisons said the white coat ceremony would be July 19th, but this is tentative.

Got accepted but couldn’t get the funds together. I’ll be deferring, hope my spot go to one of you! Goodluck!!

Is there a limit to how many people we can invite to the white coat ceremony?

The WL letter says the latest we would find out is July 1st, but some of the forum responses are saying that we could be notified the Saturday before orientation, which would be July 6th. Does anyone have any insight on the WL movement or when we'd find out? o_O

The WL letter says the latest we would find out is July 1st, but some of the forum responses are saying that we could be notified the Saturday before orientation, which would be July 6th. Does anyone have any insight on the WL movement or when we'd find out? o_O
I think the last possible date to hear would be the first day of orientation. It seems like the WL movement has been quiet recently :(

Hey guys, so I’ve been WL’ed since early November, and it’s getting to the point where I need to start looking for apartments for the other school I am accepted to as a back up, how much more time do you think I should realistically wait to hear back from the WL?

Hey guys, so I’ve been WL’ed since early November, and it’s getting to the point where I need to start looking for apartments for the other school I am accepted to as a back up, how much more time do you think I should realistically wait to hear back from the WL?
Congratulations on getting in! We could find out as late as the day of orientation, July 10th! I too am trying to figure out whether I need to sign another lease or move. I would suggest finding a place where you were accepted. I know I wouldn't want to be house hunting the first two weeks of medical school.

Congratulations on getting in! We could find out as late as the day of orientation, July 10th! I too am trying to figure out whether I need to sign another lease or move. I would suggest finding a place where you were accepted. I know I wouldn't want to be house hunting the first two weeks of medical school.

Thank you! And yeah I’ve been the same thing, I’m hoping to find a rent based place temporarily at the other school so I don’t have to worry about getting out of a lease if I sign it before I potentially hear back from Howard later on