2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from the Jan 24th interview or after hear back yet? I've been so anxious since they gave us a timeline!
I also interviewed that day and have not heard back either!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone from the Jan 24th interview or after hear back yet? I've been so anxious since they gave us a timeline!

I haven’t heard back yet, but I interviewed on Jan. 29th and they told us the admissions committee was scheduled to meet that Thursday the 31st. We were told we would hear back by the end of that week, but it’s been silent for me so far.

Anyone else who had a late Jan. interview hear anything?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted just now via phone call! I was told I have until Feb. 19th to send the signed acceptance agreement and deposit (via snail mail).

I’m having difficulty deciding between VCOM and a couple of other DO programs. Can any current students give their opinion on the mandatory attendance policy?

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back post-interview, I’m sure your acceptances are on their way!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What other schools are you deciding between?

Accepted just now via phone call! I was told I have until Feb. 19th to send the signed acceptance agreement and deposit (via snail mail).

I’m having difficulty deciding between VCOM and a couple of other DO programs. Can any current students give their opinion on the mandatory attendance policy?

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back post-interview, I’m sure your acceptances are on their way!

Technically we are required to be in class 80% of the time, so you end up having 11 full day absences allowed or 22 half day absences. Attendance is taken both during the morning sections (8a-12p) and then in the afternoon (1p-3ish). That being said, they are not super strict about taking attendance. If you go to class enough at the beginning of the block, you can save up your absences for the rest of the block. I didn't go to class for at least the last third of lectures last block and I had maybe 5.5 or 6 absences at the end of it. You will get updates every Friday about the number of absences you have. I love not going to class and it hasn't been an issue so far. Hope that helps. Open to answering any other questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get wait listed and told they will automatically be considered for next year's class if they are not pulled of the wait list for this year? I have never heard of this before, and not sure how much weight I should put on it. I am strongly considering studying to retake the mcat to improve my application if I end up needing to reapply...

Waitlisted today...interviewed 1/14. Hoping for some decent movement!
When you were told you were waitlisted, did the email mention you would be considered for next year's class if there isn't enough movement to place you this year? I was offered this, and I am not sure how much weight to put on this..

Did anyone get wait listed and told they will automatically be considered for next year's class if they are not pulled of the wait list for this year? I have never heard of this before, and not sure how much weight I should put on it. I am strongly considering studying to retake the mcat to improve my application if I end up needing to reapply...

If they told you that you would have a spot in 2024, they're telling the truth. It's not uncommon for people to get pulled from that class before the start of Block 1. For example, if you're told you have a spot on the waitlist and a guaranteed spot in Class of 2024, there is still a chance you could start with class of 2023. There's always a lot of movement as the summer approaches

When you were told you were waitlisted, did the email mention you would be considered for next year's class if there isn't enough movement to place you this year? I was offered this, and I am not sure how much weight to put on this..

Yes, they said I would be considered for early admission for the class of 2024. I think they offer that for many, if not all who are waitlisted and do not receive a spot. I was waitlisted 1/25 and have heard nothing as of then. We will see.

If they told you that you would have a spot in 2024, they're telling the truth. It's not uncommon for people to get pulled from that class before the start of Block 1. For example, if you're told you have a spot on the waitlist and a guaranteed spot in Class of 2024, there is still a chance you could start with class of 2023. There's always a lot of movement as the summer approaches
The thing is, it wasn't guaranteed. It said I would be "considered" automatically for the following year if there wasn't a spot for me this year, so I am not sure I should put all my trust in that alone. I think I am going to start studying for the MCAT again because I believe this is the weak part of my application. That way, I can reapply to other schools just in case.

Received II today

Secondary submitted - 12/24
Complete email - 1/16
Interview Invite - 1/18
Interview scheduled for 2/7 (earliest available date)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Good for you! I'm still waiting for a response and starting to get antsy. Their email receipt after secondary submission said that notifications are done by phone. Thinking to call them to follow up on my application!

Withdrawing my acceptance here, I hope it goes to one of you guys! Loved this school though, it was a tough decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay great, Thank you!

brywigh is correct, esp on pathoma. It is *not* available in the library; the author will only sell to individuals.

Also, the library does have print copies of all books on the required list; ~80% is online. You will want to buy a copy of Moore's "Clinically Oriented Anatomy"; e-version's not available currently. The required booklist is updated yearly; unfortunately given the approval process the final official list usually isn't out till July. The Moore book was published in 2018 so it's probable that it will not be updated again before the next academic year starts.

Can anyone tell me what there is for a gym/wellness center at the Carolinas campus? Do they still have a partnership with wofford to use their facilities?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No on Wofford; that agreement went away several years ago.

is there anyone else that interviewed the 24th or later that hasn't heard back yet?:(

Does anyone know when the next heavy traffic day for this school is?

Got the acceptance/waitlist spot because their class is currently full for the class of 2023. I’m excited because I did love this program! However I did get into my top choice in state school so I will have to consider my options!!

Officially withdrew my acceptance today, I loved this school but found a better fit elsewhere. Good luck to everyone else!

Got the acceptance/waitlist spot because their class is currently full for the class of 2023. I’m excited because I did love this program! However I did get into my top choice in state school so I will have to consider my options!!
Wait they told you it's full already??

Wait they told you it's full already??

Not sure what that’s about but I can tell you I interviewed on February 7th and they just called me today with acceptance offer so I don’t believe they are completely full. She did say it will likely be filled very soon.

Not sure what that’s about but I can tell you I interviewed on February 7th and they just called me today with acceptance offer so I don’t believe they are completely full. She did say it will likely be filled very soon.

A guess, but could just be that given one thing/another what had been full opened up slightly when people already accepted withdrew.

A guess, but could just be that given one thing/another what had been full opened up slightly when people already accepted withdrew.
I had an interview on Feb 19, and Sarah Donnan, the admissions coordinator, said there were still seats open in addition to the seats they hold for those who are guaranteed admission (some program at VTech? Not sure from where).

Last edited:
I had an interview on Feb 19, and Sarah Donnan, the admissions coordinator, said there were still seats open in addition to the seats they hold for those who are guaranteed admission (some program at VTech? Not sure, from where).

The program is the Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences program at the Virginia campus. They are about to issue another round of acceptances to their students as well as a final review in May. Some of these students may end up on the waitlist after the May review. Historically, VCOM has taken these students over general applicants on the waitlist.

I was waitlisted in late January, does anyone know the chances of coming off the waitlist? I really want to attend this school, but it seems like their class is full. Should I do anything or just be patient?

Anyone hear back recently or know when interviews end?

Anyone from the April 1st interview here back yet? I got the email yesterday I was waitlisted.

Still waiting to hear back anything from this school. Not even a pre-interview rejection, just silence. I have an acceptance to another school so no worries, but I just want to know if theres a chance at all. lol.

Still waiting to hear back anything from this school. Not even a pre-interview rejection, just silence. I have an acceptance to another school so no worries, but I just want to know if theres a chance at all. lol.

I would think you should hear something by Monday the 8th. At least when I interviewed in March on a Monday they had told us we would hear either that Friday or the following Monday. Also, congrats on the acceptance!

Has anyone been accepted or pulled off the waitlist? Just been dead silence since January.

Dead silence as well. On the waitlist since January. So weird. Maybe they do it all at once at the end?
It really sucks, however I do know that their waitlist is ranked but unshared. I know of one person who got waitlisted after 1/26 interview and got off one week later (she had pretty good stats tho). I've pretty much given up at this point though. Fingers crossed but I dont think im getting into any of my schools with my 497 despite having a 3.91. Just going to focus on a retake now.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the due date for the D.O. Letter of recommendation is? I’m on the waitlist but I remember them saying that if you get accepted you need to submit a D.O. LOR. I had a letter from an MD originally so they told me I need a D.O. one now.

Does anyone know when the due date for the D.O. Letter of recommendation is? I’m on the waitlist but I remember them saying that if you get accepted you need to submit a D.O. LOR. I had a letter from an MD originally so they told me I need a D.O. one now.

I’m not entirely sure but I think they expect you to have it before orientation.

has anyone heard anything back in regards to waitlist movement or guaranteed admission to next years class?

Does anyone plan to send in updates? I’m getting my final grades soon, would an unofficial transcript be okay? Tbh this thread is dead lol, we prob won’t hear any movement until May 15th

Does anyone know if the admissions deposit ($1500) is refundable? Or heard of anyone who has paid it in the past but had it refunded because they changed their mind or are having a hard time deciding between a few DO schools?

Does anyone know if the admissions deposit ($1500) is refundable? Or heard of anyone who has paid it in the past but had it refunded because they changed their mind or are having a hard time deciding between a few DO schools?
From my interaction with them, the deposit is not refundable.