2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted 2/6 interview!!! See everyone this fall

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the next heavy traffic day for this school is?

Does anyone know when the next heavy traffic day for this school is?
Well, can anyone speak to how VCOM's process works? I thought I understood, but I guess I don't.

I was "complete" in October. I.E. all of my materials were sent and I had checkmarks beside all of them. So, I thought I was completed; however, I just now received an email that stated, "...I can confirm that your application is complete...once your application is reviewed, we will provide you with updates."

Does this mean I was not "under-review" this whole time? Is this a good thing? How long after you guys got this email did it take to hear something else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Trying to decide between VCOM-Auburn & PCOM-Georgia. Anyone have any insight on this one? PCOM seems to be more established as a school but during my visit, I wasn't incredibly impressed. VCOM impressed me a great deal though. I don't want to base my decision off just first impressions but if anyone has any insight on this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Well, can anyone speak to how VCOM's process works? I thought I understood, but I guess I don't.

I was "complete" in October. I.E. all of my materials were sent and I had checkmarks beside all of them. So, I thought I was completed; however, I just now received an email that stated, "...I can confirm that your application is complete...once your application is reviewed, we will provide you with updates."

Does this mean I was not "under-review" this whole time? Is this a good thing? How long after you guys got this email did it take to hear something else?

These are the emails I received before being offered an interview:

“Thank you so much for submitting your secondary”

“We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete and we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation.”

And less than a month later I received an interview invite. They are behind on paperwork (the health records office), so I assume the rest of the college may be as well. Also, I just read where there was a mistake with your LOR. That may be a reason why it has taken a little longer.

Also, if it helps, they accepted 162 students for the 2021 class. So, I assume our class will be similar in size. And we currently have a little over 100 students in our Facebook group.

These are the emails I received before being offered an interview:

“Thank you so much for submitting your secondary”

“We are pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete and we are in receipt of your Secondary Application, processing fee, and all required letters of recommendation.”

And less than a month later I received an interview invite. They are behind on paperwork (the health records office), so I assume the rest of the college may be as well. Also, I just read where there was a mistake with your LOR. That may be a reason why it has taken a little longer.

Also, if it helps, they accepted 162 students for the 2021 class. So, I assume our class will be similar in size. And we currently have a little over 100 students in our Facebook group.

Yeah, unfortunately the mistake was on their end :( But thank you for the insight!

Also, do you know what day(s) VCOM sends out interviews typically?

Last edited:
Yeah, unfortunately the mistake was on their end :( But thank you for the insight!

Also, do you know what day(s) VCOM sends out interviews typically?

I completely understand. They made a few mistakes on my application as well. It is frustrating. Anyways, I believe Tuesday is one of their big days. Other than that, I think (maybe) Friday.

Where are most of you planning on living in Auburn? I’ve looked online at a few places and not really sure. I’m admitted and have a family so I’d like to stay somewhere relatively quiet/safe etc.

Auburn is somewhere that is relatively a safe place although some places are kinda sketchy. Try to stick to the north and east or auburn. Those areas are the most safe and are pretty central. The west of campus can get really sketchy really quickly. So I say unless you have the opportunity to really tour something west of auburn I say avoid that area. The south of auburn is okay but Is very secluded and with traffic on south college street (you must take this road to get anywher here in auburn from south of auburn) it will take you a lot longer to get places than you think

Reactions: 1 user
Where are most of you planning on living in Auburn? I’ve looked online at a few places and not really sure. I’m admitted and have a family so I’d like to stay somewhere relatively quiet/safe etc.

My wife and I currently rent a house that is pretty close to the mall. It's a quiet area and we haven't had any issues where we are at. A lot of my fellow students live at the Green's Apartments. They're pretty popular, and from what I have seen look nice. There are also some apartments near the mall that are pretty good.

My wife and I currently rent a house that is pretty close to the mall. It's a quiet area and we haven't had any issues where we are at. A lot of my fellow students live at the Green's Apartments. They're pretty popular, and from what I have seen look nice. There are also some apartments near the mall that are pretty good.
Thanks !

If you don’t mind me asking, what are the average prices of renting a home? The wife and I begin our search next week.

If you don’t mind me asking, what are the average prices of renting a home? The wife and I begin our search next week.
I know this question wasn’t directed to me but rent in auburn can range anywhere from 600 to 3000 but I would say the average of 2 bedroom house is about 700-1100 for a 2-3 bedroom house. It all just depends on how close it is to campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this question wasn’t directed to me but rent in auburn can range anywhere from 600 to 3000 but I would say the average of 2 bedroom house is about 700-1100 for a 2-3 bedroom house. It all just depends on how close it is to campus.

Thank you so much! Hopefully we are able to find a good place.

Projectpremed is pretty accurate with his ranges. We pay around $1100 for a 3 bed/2 bath home near about everything, and its about 10-15 minutes from school, depending on traffic.

Howdy. currently an OMS-I at VCOM-Auburn. Feel free to PM me with questions if yall have any :~) maybe I can help!!!

Did anyone get a recent acceptance? Trying to figure out how often do they send out these acceptance calls or rejection emails.

Any recent II’s?
I do not think so, but look for some movement this week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Those appear to be the "hot" days - Tuesday and Thursdays see more movement than any other days and Wednesdays do not appear to have any movements based on past cycle threads.

I have a feeling they will start calling tomorrow.

I received an II a few days ago. Interviewing next week. Can someone who went through their Interview, PM me?

I received an II a few days ago. Interviewing next week. Can someone who went through their Interview, PM me?
Congrats!

If you dont mind me asking what day did you receive it? What time? And when were the available dates?

Has anyone who has been accepted, paid their deposit, and have had a completed background check receive their VCOM email address yet? They said they would give us this info when all of the steps above were completed but I haven’t gotten anything from them yet...

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who has been accepted, paid their deposit, and have had a completed background check receive their VCOM email address yet? They said they would give us this info when all of the steps above were completed but I haven’t gotten anything from them yet...

I just received mine this past Tuesday and set up my email the same day. Just be patient I guess. Pre-matriculation requirements are the same as what they supplied you on acceptance day! PM me if you have additional Q’s.

Interviewed earlier this month, and fell in love with the school and faculty. Just keep in mind that they are only interviewing for the waitlist.

Anyone else been complete since July and not here anything? I called up a couple weeks ago to make sure everything was okay (there was some confusion with a letter of rec) but they said everything’s all good

Placed on "Waiting List for acceptance" and mentioned possible evaluation for early admission to the next cycles class. Not sure if this is just their general wait-list or not but interviewed 3/5 and wait-listed today 3/19. Excited to see what could happen.

i am interviewing april 9th. Really interested in VCOM and had to schedule my interview a little later do to schooling and personal reasons. But I was wondering if they are still accepting students or only waitlisting applicants. Also if anyone could give me any tips and advise regarding the interview pls lmk if I can message you!

Interview received today at 9:22 am via email - no phone call. Interview date is April 3rd. Interview dates included 4/2, 4/3, 4/9, 4/10, 4/16, and 4/17

EDIT: This has been a long grueling process, and while I know that it is more than likely a WL spot, I am thrilled. All of my work through undergrad, grad school, and outside work now has tangible results. I will be just as happy to get pulled off the WL in June or July as I would to be outright accepted.

Last edited:
If anyone wants any tips/info about the interview process, feel free to message me. Also, a few others have messaged me and told me they are interviewing for WL spots, but keep your heads up! I’ve had friends pulled from the WL 1-2 days before classes begin. Good luck, folks!

i am interviewing april 9th. Really interested in VCOM and had to schedule my interview a little later do to schooling and personal reasons. But I was wondering if they are still accepting students or only waitlisting applicants. Also if anyone could give me any tips and advise regarding the interview pls lmk if I can message you!

Hey! You can message me. I was accepted back in November.

Could someone post the 2019 Residency Match list? I was told it is on a pinboard by the lecture hall.

So, it’s my understanding VCOM requires a full physical exam including GU/ hernia check? It seems a bit.....odd.

So, it’s my understanding VCOM requires a full physical exam including GU/ hernia check? It seems a bit.....odd.

I just looked at my form and realized all of that was required:eek:. My doc walked into the room, asked if everything was normal, signed my papers, and told me to pursue radiology lol.

I just looked at my form and realized all of that was required:eek:. My doc walked into the room, asked if everything was normal, signed my papers, and told me to pursue radiology lol.

Man I hope my doc is chill. I already had to drop my pants at MEPS a few weeks back would prefer not to have to do it again. :p

Could someone post the 2019 Residency Match list? I was told it is on a pinboard by the lecture hall.

We’re currently on block break, but I’ll check when we get back on Monday.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if you are allow to set up your own rotation during 3rd year?

Anybody know the chance to get an acceptance if you are on wait list at this school? I see several posts indicating the class may be filled. Is it worth to accept an interview in April?

Anybody know the chance to get an acceptance if you are on wait list at this school? I see several posts indicating the class may be filled. Is it worth to accept an interview in April?

At mine they said usually around 30-40 people get accepted from it. Not sure how big the waitlist is, but they made it seem promising so I think interviewing is worth it. They also apparently give out deferred acceptances for the following year for candidates they liked.

II today. Have another II in AL so pushed it back to last date but figured it wouldn't really matter bc they filled their seats already.

Hey! Has anyone already taking the BLS training that's required before matriculation? Is it just a 3 hour course that costs about $55?

Hey! Has anyone already taking the BLS training that's required before matriculation? Is it just a 3 hour course that costs about $55?
I have. I think I paid around that price range ( I can’t really remember), but my course is listed as HearCode BLS. I went through the online course and was tested in person.

I took a Basic Life Support (CPR and AED) Program. Is this the same course?

Got accepted to another school so I’m withdrawing from here! Hopefully one of you gets the spot!! Good luck everyone!