2017 TSU: Texas Southern University COPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck, folks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted via email, I guess the math problem does not count, cos I failed it. yay TSU, I think I am gonna decline.

Congratulations! Let me know if you guys have any questions :)

:xf:Hi everyone!

I received conditional acceptance email now, so check your email!:D

I did not expect it since I had an interview because English is my

second language and I thought my interview was horrible ( all interviewers

were very kind and nice though).

I really appreciate the admission committee reading and understanding

my internal vision. :)

and...

I hope everyone get a good news.

Lastly...

Thank you, God. :thumbup:

Just got my acceptance but I will also be declining. Best of luck!

Hi ,why are most of you declining. Is it anything bad with TSU.if any please let me know.Thanks

I made a new group for those of you who have been conditionally accepted and plan to attend TSU. Great way to start getting to know who your classmates will be.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/379277565519839/

I'm sure you guys will have questions along the way, so feel free to contact me.

Congratulations again!

Last edited:
Hi ,why are most of you declining. Is it anything bad with TSU.if any please let me know.Thanks

I'm declining because I recently received an admission invitation from another school. I'm sure its like that for many other posters here since most other schools started sending their first wave of admissions offers earlier.

Last edited:

Many students do not consider TSU as their school of first choice. However, I can say that the curriculum is quite rigorous and you have the advantage of networking and possibly secure your job in Houston. :D

Not to mention, you have your first two summers off, which some students will be utilizing that time to do internships or simply take time off.

Does anyone know if they have sent all the acceptance emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they have sent all the acceptance emails?
I really doubt that one person (mrs Davis) was able to send out all of the acceptances today. She seems to be the only person working on the admission process as far as the paperwork goes. There will also be a lot of declines so more seats will open up.

I am declining because i have already been accepted by my first choice since 1/18/2013 and my second choice 2/6/2013. I have made the arrangements for that school already. Besides i have to take Computer science for TSU. Good luck to you all. :)

Last edited:
I got my acceptance email and am gonna accept, although I put down a deposit at another school, I really wanted to stay in Houston, and UH was not an option!

Is she sending the emails one by one? she can't send them at once?

Also got an acceptance email yesterday. Will decline. Good luck everyone!

Got accepted, for any of you TSU students reading this thread:

I am transferring from another school. What are the steps i need to take to fully become a TSU student? Don't i need to get some TSU ID card, and register or something?

Someone who transferred from another school to TSU, please gimme a checklist of what to do.

Ahhh congrats everyone! I have not received anything yet =( to those who received it when was your interview date??

oh that makes sense. I only applied to tsu because i took January pcat. Overall GPA 3.5/pcat 59 composite. Interviewed in Feb. I have not heard anything since my interview but am hopeful.

I got accepted to other schools.
oh that makes sense. I only applied to tsu because i took January pcat. Overall GPA 3.5/pcat 59 composite. Interviewed in Feb. I have not heard anything since my interview but am hopeful.

Got accepted, for any of you TSU students reading this thread:

I am transferring from another school. What are the steps i need to take to fully become a TSU student? Don't i need to get some TSU ID card, and register or something?

Someone who transferred from another school to TSU, please gimme a checklist of what to do.

You should have already completed a TSU application for the school itself (not for COP) as a transfer student. The checklist on their website says to do so:

http://www.tsu.edu/academics/colleg...th_Sciences/Admissions_Overview/Checklist.php

Once you've done that, you just have to wait for them to send you your acceptance letter and complete what they say in the email/letter.

You should have already completed a TSU application for the school itself (not for COP) as a transfer student. The checklist on their website says to do so:

http://www.tsu.edu/academics/colleg...th_Sciences/Admissions_Overview/Checklist.php

Once you've done that, you just have to wait for them to send you your acceptance letter and complete what they say in the email/letter.
Agreed!!! you should have done that long time ago. Email Ms. Solis if you haven't done so. She assisted me few weeks ago during my transfer application.

I think they will email you instructions on what to do. Regardless, you have to apply for TSU as a transfer student as well from what I recall. That way, you'll have a student ID number and can have all your financial aid stuff in.

Not to mention, better apply for your FAFSA ASAP if you haven't done so already.

I haven't received the email. My interview was in Feb. Should I call Mrs. David to ask for my status? I think she must be very busy. However, I am very anxious. Any suggestion?

Last edited:
I forgot about FAFSA -___- I don't even know if I am accepted though should I just apply to both TSU and for FAFSA or not since I do not know my status?? @painkiller I haven't either and it is making me really anxious as well; my interview was in march. I e-mailed her and probably will call too.

I forgot about FAFSA -___- I don't even know if I am accepted though should I just apply to both TSU and for FAFSA or not since I do not know my status?? @painkiller I haven't either and it is making me really anxious as well; my interview was in march. I e-mailed her and probably will call too.
Did you e-mail her? when is the next acceptance emails going out?

I declined my offer today! I got the email Friday as well. I hope this opens up a seat for the next deserving candidate. Good luck everyone!

Interviews are still going on so if you haven't received your letter yet, just be patient.

Did anyone receive an acceptance email today (Friday) ? Ms. Davis said she was going to send out some more today but I didn't get anything :(

Did anyone receive an acceptance email today (Friday) ? Ms. Davis said she was going to send out some more today but I didn't get anything :(
Yes, i received acceptance e-mail today and i have accepted the offer.

Congratulations! Let me know if you guys have any questions :)

Hiii...I got accepted last Friday, and I also accepted the offer. :soexcited: Would you please tell me what we will do this summer? And any advise for us to do well in program?

Will they be sending out any more acceptance emails?

I called them on Friday. The lady in front desk told me they are still interviewing more students. Therefore, they will send out more letters. !!!

I got accepted and will accept the offer also. Decline to the previous school !!!

Congratulations, all accepted students!

I hope other students also will receive acceptance letter soon.

I have one question.

Does anyone know how to register for Medical Terminology class at TSU?

I didn't finish up my TSU undergraduate admission process yet. ( Is it really

required to do to register classes at TSU even though I already got accepted to

TSU COPHS?)

Thank you.

Last edited:
Got accepted today!!! Just turned in my transcript and seat deposit!!!:laugh:

Has anyone received the letter in their mail yet? Not the email.

Has anyone received the letter in their mail yet? Not the email.

Nothing yet at all, the letters sent by mail are rejection letters right?? Does anyone know if they are still sending acceptance letters??