2017-2018 University of Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted, has your app status changed?

Accepted! I called the admissions office today to ask about my admissions status and they told me. Then, I got the call from my interviewer 2 hours later.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol!! Have u heard from Kentucky yet I saw ur excellent news from Louisville

I interviewed at Kentucky last Saturday so I still need to wait a little. I have a feeling a lot of people get in limbo between these two schools. Did you do early decision for Kentucky?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an II for RPLP Morehead Campus. In state. Super Excited!!!. Can anyone share their interview experience at the Morehead Campus. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Kentucky last Saturday so I still need to wait a little. I have a feeling a lot of people get in limbo between these two schools. Did you do early decision for Kentucky?
Yes I did early decision for the new bowling green campus it’s only like an hour from where I live.

Lexington! And I called and asked. Still haven’t heard from my interviewer but whatever, I’m in!! Someone should start a Facebook page
I agree! Accept not me but I’ll join it when some one makes it

Accepted!!! Had to call the office of admissions since my interviewer hadn't called yet

Last edited:
I got put on hold :(
Does anyone know what that exactly entails? Does that mean they won't look at my application until the interview cycle in over in April? Or could I theoretically be accepted anytime between now and then?

I got put on hold :(
Does anyone know what that exactly entails? Does that mean they won't look at my application until the interview cycle in over in April? Or could I theoretically be accepted anytime between now and then?
I called this morning and got the same news :( I was told that our applications could be re-reviewed in December/January and maybe a couple separate times in the spring. I'm not really sure if this means we'll be reconsidered directly for spots in the class or for the waitlist

I called this morning and got the same news :( I was told that our applications could be re-reviewed in December/January and maybe a couple separate times in the spring. I'm not really sure if this means we'll be reconsidered directly for spots in the class or for the waitlist
Do either of you mind posting your stats?

Just checking in- congrats to all who got accepted so far!

Did any international/Canadian receive secondary/II/acceptance at Kentucky this cycle? I applied two cycles ago with LM~70 and got secondary/interview/waitlist. I am a reapplicant this cycle with LM~80 and Kentucky showed no love. Not even secondary. At this point I'm just curious lol

Did any international/Canadian receive secondary/II/acceptance at Kentucky this cycle? I applied two cycles ago with LM~70 and got secondary/interview/waitlist. I am a reapplicant this cycle with LM~80 and Kentucky showed no love. Not even secondary. At this point I'm just curious lol
Call them up! No harm in asking

I got an II on 10/19, not scheduled until february. OOS

I'm looking for information regarding the RPLP interviews at Morehead! Does anyone have any insight?

So have any OOS applicants (without ties to Kentucky) gotten an invite to complete the secondary? I have very loose ties (relatives I'm not in touch with), would it be worth sending in that information?

So have any OOS applicants (without ties to Kentucky) gotten an invite to complete the secondary? I have very loose ties (relatives I'm not in touch with), would it be worth sending in that information?
I interviewed in early October with very minimal ties to Kentucky. I interviewed for MD/PhD though

Does anyone know when the adcom meets and how soon after an interview you can expect to hear something?

For those who have been accepted: I got an email, as I am sure all accepted students did, about a scholarship opportunity. Did anyone else apply for that?

Got the phone call from BG Campus today. Interviewed on 10/28. :)

Got the phone call from BG Campus today. Interviewed on 10/28. :)
That’s exciting! Do u have any other interviews coming up or are you all ready to decide!

I got a call today too around 7 pm. Was not expecting it at all. This is my first acceptance and I'm deliriously happy! Can't believe its real!

I got a call today too around 7 pm. Was not expecting it at all. This is my first acceptance and I'm deliriously happy! Can't believe its real!
That’s an awesome surprise!!! I guess they met a little earlier huh! Lol sorry for my accidental lie lol I could have swore someone told me the 20th congrats to you!!!!

That’s an awesome surprise!!! I guess they met a little earlier huh! Lol sorry for my accidental lie lol I could have swore someone told me the 20th congrats to you!!!!
Thanks, a part of me keeps thinking they'll tell me they made a mistake or something. It's so surreal. My application status still says interview completed. I assume that it just hasn't been updated yet

Havent heard anything from BG. Guess another waitlist. See yall next cycle

Yeah they told me the 20th and i held out on sending thank you cards because of that. Oops

That’s exciting! Do u have any other interviews coming up or are you all ready to decide!

No other interviews and at this point I think I'll decline any others if they come in. Glad to have a little time to decide between these two schools. I don't know what to do with myself now that this part of the process is over. I feel a little lost, lol

No other interviews and at this point I think I'll decline any others if they come in. Glad to have a little time to decide between these two schools. I don't know what to do with myself now that this part of the process is over. I feel a little lost, lol
Well i think it’s a pretty good place to be in!