2017-2018 Stanford University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from the waitlist get a call about interest?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone from the waitlist get a call about interest?
Hi, my brother was waitlisted and he received a call today about interest. Do you think there will be movement and do they usually do this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted from the waitlist and I can't believe it! Does anyone know have the link to the facebook group?

Reactions: 2 users
Admitted off the waitlist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 users
For those accepted off the waitlist, when did you get the call and did you get any indication of additional waitlist interest from the school of medicine?

For those accepted off the waitlist, when did you get the call and did you get any indication of additional waitlist interest from the school of medicine?
I got the call last night at around 9pm EST. The day before I received a call asking if I was still interested.

Not sure about any additional waitlist interest!

Do we think that there will be little to no more waitlist movement after that initial movement following traffic day? I'm just assuming so lol just trying to come to terms with it

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew my acceptance just a few days ago after getting accepted off the waitlist so maybe it will go to you or someone here!!! Best of luck everyone!!

Got the phone call a little earlier today with an acceptance! They asked some questions first about whether I was committed to another school currently, matriculated to another school currently, and whether I'd be obligated to go to another school if I got in somewhere. Once I told them I was committed somewhere but not matriculated, they said I was in! I'm still in shock.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the phone call a little earlier today with an acceptance! They asked some questions first about whether I was committed to another school currently, matriculated to another school currently, and whether I'd be obligated to go to another school if I got in somewhere. Once I told them I was committed somewhere but not matriculated, they said I was in! I'm still in shock.
Congrats dude!!! When was the call??

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question for other people accepted off the waitlist (or in general). About how long after the initial call should I expect to wait for confirmatory emails and financial aid emails and such? Just wanting to get started on the aid process and whatever housing process is available.

Quick question for other people accepted off the waitlist (or in general). About how long after the initial call should I expect to wait for confirmatory emails and financial aid emails and such? Just wanting to get started on the aid process and whatever housing process is available.
Resolved!

I got the "What's your current status/interest?" call about a week ago, and it's been radio silence since then. Anyone else in this boat, or have any idea what getting that call actually means?

just dropping in this thread to ask a school specific question. I'm applying here MSTP for EY 2019 and have 7 letters right now in AMCAS. Stanford website says 6 max. Is this a hard max? It's in bold on the MD website so it feels like it is but I feel that the seventh letter (non-PI letter from faculty that knows me very well) would be helpful. I have 4 PI letters, 1 science prof letter and 1 non-science letter in AMCAS in addition to this 7th one. One of my PIs is my 2nd science prof.

just dropping in this thread to ask a school specific question. I'm applying here MSTP for EY 2019 and have 7 letters right now in AMCAS. Stanford website says 6 max. Is this a hard max? It's in bold on the MD website so it feels like it is but I feel that the seventh letter (non-PI letter from faculty that knows me very well) would be helpful. I have 4 PI letters, 1 science prof letter and 1 non-science letter in AMCAS in addition to this 7th one. One of my PIs is my 2nd science prof.

For regular MD, the letter max is a hard max. I had 9 letters on AMCAS due to having a very research-heavy application and asked admissions about this when I applied. I was told they won't read more than 6, and not to send more. I ended up just picking what I thought my strongest letters were and sending those in (3 research, 2 science, 1 non-science). They're actually kinda strict about what they want you to give them in general (no updates accepted pre-interview, will essentially only accept updates post-interview if you get a new paper accepted etc... which actually was kinda nice, since the application process at places like Mayo that demanded the opposite was pretty terrible).

This might be different for MSTP though (I only applied regular MD). I would e-mail admissions directly and ask, they were pretty great about answering all my dumb questions throughout the application process last year.

Hi there,

On the 2017-18 Stanford secondary, was there an option/requirement to indicate whether one is applying to a dual-degree program (e.g. MD/MBA)?

There doesn't seem to be an option to do so in AMCAS.

Posting here because no one has posted in the 2018-19 Stanford thread yet.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

On the 2017-18 Stanford secondary, was there an option/requirement to indicate whether one is applying to a dual-degree program (e.g. MD/MBA)?

There doesn't seem to be an option to do so in AMCAS.

Posting here because no one has posted in the 2018-19 Stanford thread yet.

Thanks in advance.

The only options on the secondary are MD or MSTP. For everything else, you apply for the second degree internally after matriculation in the MD program (typically during MS2 for MD/MBA, which also requires you to take the GRE/GMAT at some point).

Hi all, sorry to be asking this question on an old thread, but I was wondering if I could get some insight from past applicants who received interviews for KH / MD. For Knight-Hennessy, do you know if our MD application gets penalized if we submit it later than we would have, since the KH application submission # is required before submitting our Stanford secondary? i.e. is it less likely to receive an interview if we submit the secondary later, or are MD + KH applications considered in a separate rolling pool?

Thanks!

Hi all, sorry to be asking this question on an old thread, but I was wondering if I could get some insight from past applicants who received interviews for KH / MD. For Knight-Hennessy, do you know if our MD application gets penalized if we submit it later than we would have, since the KH application submission # is required before submitting our Stanford secondary? i.e. is it less likely to receive an interview if we submit the secondary later, or are MD + KH applications considered in a separate rolling pool?

Thanks!

I'll just give my two cents. I submitted it early without the KH number, figuring I could just email it later. Nope, they told me flat out once I had the KH number that it was too late, and that if it wasn't in the secondary when you submitted it it cannot be added later.

So, you have to wait.

Hello :) I'm interviewing at Stanford on October 5th and was wondering what you guys recommend to help me prepare for the MMI. Thank you so much.

Hello :) I'm interviewing at Stanford on October 5th and was wondering what you guys recommend to help me prepare for the MMI. Thank you so much.

Check out Reddit for this mmi question compilation and just use a few of them with a friend to practice thinking out the scenarios. Don't memorize answers or anything because that won't help you at all and you likely won't get the same questions but doing a few practice questions before the real thing really helps you hit the ground running on interview day. I didn't interview here but had an MMI elsewhere.