2017-2018 Seton Hall - Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry. I just edited my post to clarify. There are only 5 or less spots before the groups interviewed in the past 2 weeks. It was rolling admissions all along. They will offer a few spots to those who interviewed this past week and last week. I have no idea how many acceptances will be going out or how many will be on the waitlist- I imagine they will likely not give out more than 5 spots as they are basically full. As for waitlist number, I have no idea but I also imagine this not to be too many as they know who has other acceptances and those that don’t. Hope this helps.

I figure the class is essentially full or at ~50 this is based off the class page as majority said they will be attending.
For those that didn’t get in this cycle, next cycle there will be 75 seats ☺️

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we can pursue the dual degree at another institution other than Seton Hall?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we can pursue the dual degree at another institution other than Seton Hall?

Someone on my interview day asked the same question. I think the answer was no.

I remember the dean of admissions reading out loud, every single dual degree and certificate that's available at the moment. It was also mentioned that if a student wished to do a 5th year of research, at the seton hall college at which the student is earning the degree/certificate, for the purposes of earning a masters instead of certificate for example, that might be possible despite having already graduated from medical school.

Of course, my interview happened long ago so I could be wrong, I would email them.

Reactions: 1 user

During my II, somebody asked similar questions. They said that most of the degrees that you want to do will be offered by them, but if there is particular degree or any other phase 3 option that you want to pursue, they will make a contract with the other university and then you can do that under them but technically you will be doing as if you are still at the Seton hall.

Anyone want to venture a guess as to when we may find out if we’ve been accepted/WLed/ rejected? I’m thinking the end of the week just in time for amcas submissions to be opening for next cycle

Anyone want to venture a guess as to when we may find out if we’ve been accepted/WLed/ rejected? I’m thinking the end of the week just in time for amcas submissions to be opening for next cycle

Well, the last interviews were last week. Assuming they keep in line with previous weeks, they will decide all the interviewees next friday.

Last edited:
anyone from previous interview dates crossing their fingers as well?

Reactions: 1 users
I believe May 24th was the last interview date (correct me if I’m wrong), so people that day would hear this Friday. Best of luck!!! :luck:
I think they would reserve 1-2 spots for that day specifically to be fair.
Then after they would begin waitlist movement from the general interview pool.

I believe May 24th was the last interview date (correct me if I’m wrong), so people that day would hear this Friday. Best of luck!!! :luck:
I think they would reserve 1-2 spots for that day specifically to be fair.
Then after they would begin waitlist movement from the general interview pool.
I don’t think people from weeks prior have heard either. It looks like everyone in the last 2-3 weeks is gonna hear back at once.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think people from weeks prior have heard either. It looks like everyone in the last 2-3 weeks is gonna hear back at once.
At risk of identifying myself to potential adcoms from this school online, I'll contribute here that I was accepted last Friday. Interviewed 5/15.
Remaining few spots will go to those that interviewed from 5/15, 5/17, 5/22 and 5/24 first. More women than males are needed at this point.
Am male.

Make of that what you will.

Awesome school and facilities, far superior to two Top-20s I interviewed at. Extremely interested in attending but will hold off on a final decision until my COA is finalized.

Remaining few spots will go to those that interviewed from 5/15, 5/17, 5/22 and 5/24 first. More women than males are needed at this point.
Any idea if more spots opened up from people dropping or how many spots are left?

At risk of identifying myself to potential adcoms from this school online, I'll contribute here that I was accepted last Friday. Interviewed 5/15.

Am male.

Awesome school and facilities, far superior to two Top-20s I interviewed at. Extremely interested in attending but will hold off on a final decision until my COA is finalized.
Congrats man! How long do they give you to decide?

Congrats man! How long do they give you to decide?
By next Monday. So 5 business days accounting for the holiday.

Best of luck to everyone, my impression from the call was that they're still filling out the class!

Am male.

Congrats!!

By next Monday. So 5 business days accounting for the holiday.

Best of luck to everyone, my impression from the call was that they're still filling out the class!

Did they say anything in particular to make you think that the class wasn’t full?

They really stressing the "end" part of "by the end of next week" huh lol

What are the housing options around the area?

No applying next year but I’m from Jersey and just curious what the housing options were
It's all off-campus housing. There are some apartments in the area and a lot of students from other health programs (nursing, PT, etc) that are looking for roommates too

How long did it take people to get the official email after the call? I want to be able to join the FB group to start looking for housing and I have to wait for info from the email first

When I got the call yesterday, it was from the dean. It’s probably taking him a while to get through phone calls
There can’t be that many right? The class is pretty much full. I’m guessing the rest of us will just get emails of our rejections/WL status

There can’t be that many right? The class is pretty much full. I’m guessing the rest of us will just get emails of our rejections/WL status
Maybe they are calling the waitlisted folks too? They called me to schedule the interview and confirm I'd come, so I think they call a lot

Maybe they are calling the waitlisted folks too? They called me to schedule the interview and confirm I'd come, so I think they call a lot
I doubt they would. You can't make being on a WL sound exciting like you can with an acceptance/II

(patiently waiting...) the email we got did mean today right?

guessing if you didnt get an email then its over at this point
I think we’re supposed to get a phone call. I don’t think even the accepted people got an email until the week after they got the call. Guess they’ll probably inform us next week about WL stuff. Man I was hoping I’d finally get some certainty in my life

It is mildly frustrating to not hear anything one way or another when the email seemed to indicate otherwise... oh well

are med schools generally active on the weekends? i assumed they werent