2017-2018 Sackler School of Medicine New York State Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone got in or know anyone that got in with a below 500 mcat score?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone who has had an interview share their interview experience. Mine is next week in NY. Also for people who currently attend Sackler (don't know if there are any on this thread) but can you share your experience so far. Are you happy you went? What are things you wish you knew before? How is the area of the school? etc. Thanks!

Accepted today! Interviewed early December.

As of now planning to attend unless I get off the waitlist at a U.S. MD school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today! Interviewed early December.

As of now planning to attend unless I get off the waitlist at a U.S. MD school.

How did you find out? Also, do you mind sharing stats?

How did you find out? Also, do you mind sharing stats?

Fedex Express, delivered the note Saturday morning dated March 9th. LizzyM ~ 68 MCAT 512 GPA 3.6. Lots of clinical work experience, research for 2 years, and some volunteering although not a ton.

Does anyone know approximately how much it costs for tuition with all of the fees eg. Gym and health insurance included?
Also how much approximately should we budget for all other costs eg. Books, applications to write tests, living costs, rent etc
Haven’t gotten the official welcome package still, also not sure when I need to apply for a visa

Reactions: 1 user
When is it too late to apply?

May 9, 2018 is the last day to send in an application.

Does anyone know approximately how much it costs for tuition with all of the fees eg. Gym and health insurance included?
Also how much approximately should we budget for all other costs eg. Books, applications to write tests, living costs, rent etc
Haven’t gotten the official welcome package still, also not sure when I need to apply for a visa

Welcome package: Accepted students will get the official welcome package via email from the Class of 2021 sometime in May or June.

Visas: Trust me, don't worry about it- the administrative staff will handle it in bulk for everybody at the beginning of the academic year after classes have started. Keep your acceptance letter handy in a carry-on when they check your passport at the airport.

Gym: On campus, called Elite Sports Center, I believe I paid ~$300 for 12 months. It's less than a dollar a day for a nice value imho- olympic sized pool + 2 indoor, tracks, *plenty* of tennis and basketball courts, some free classes (yoga!), and a pretty good weight + cardio room.

Tuition: Has been $40k/year for a while now.

Rent: Roughly between $500-$1200/month depending on the usual factors. Everything considered, I pay ~$800/month, live with 2 other students, 5 minutes from campus.

TL;DR: Welcome package will explain everything sometime in May/June. Hope I quelled some burning questions! Congrats and good luck :)

Reactions: 4 users
New match list for 2018 has been posted on the sackler website

Accepted!! Best wishes to you all

Reactions: 2 users
We just made a Facebook group for those accepted to the Class of 2022. Feel free to add yourself. It's called "TAU Sackler School of Medicine NYS/American Program Class of 2022 Accepted"

Just received my welcome packet by email. Feel free to PM me with questions, seems to cover the basics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know when your application was reviewed? (like in the March or April committee meeting) :)
I was told that I was being reviewed at the April 12th committee meeting before receiving my acceptance.

Last edited:
Hi for some reason i am not able to find the facebook group for the class of 2022. I search "TAU Sackler School of Medicine NYS/American Program Class of 2022 Accepted" and nothing comes up. Any ideas?

M1 here, if you have been accepted by Sackler and not added to a Facebook group yet, feel free to PM me. Congrats to those who have been accepted!

(you can also ask me any questions or concerns that you have)

Does anyone know the class profile of Sackler? For example, for the class of 2020 or 2021? I don't have access to MSAR unfortunately (if it's on there)

Also, does anyone know the match percentage of the class of 2018? The list is on the website but I can't find the percentage anywhere

Does anyone know when the May committee meeting will be? I interviewed in Mid-April, presumably after the April meeting, and I'm trying to gauge when I'll hear back.

Does anyone know the class profile of Sackler? For example, for the class of 2020 or 2021? I don't have access to MSAR unfortunately (if it's on there)

Also, does anyone know the match percentage of the class of 2018? The list is on the website but I can't find the percentage anywhere

49 matched including 4 SOAP. 3 did not match. 10 took a year off and 2 more failed out prior to 4th year.

Last edited:
49 matched including 4 SOAP. 3 did not match. ~10 took a year off and 2 more failed out prior to 4th year.

Thank you for the information. Comparing to the average stateside school (MD or DO), is that match ratio considered good?

Also, does anyone know the percentage breakdown of the ethnicities of the students? It's not going to affect my decision but I'm just curious.. are the majority of students Jewish-Americans or are there other minorities like blacks, Asians, etc?

Thank you for the information. Comparing to the average stateside school (MD or DO), is that match ratio considered good?

Also, does anyone know the percentage breakdown of the ethnicities of the students? It's not going to affect my decision but I'm just curious.. are the majority of students Jewish-Americans or are there other minorities like blacks, Asians, etc?

Cant speak to US program comparisons.

Vast majority are Jewish. No black students. 5 asian-americans. Almost half of incoming students arrive proficient or better in Hebrew. The rest study hebrew in class for 3 hours/ week for M1 & M2.

Last edited:
Cant speak to US program comparisons.

Vast majority are Jewish. No black students. ~5 asian-americans. Almost half of incoming students arrive proficient or better in Hebrew. The rest study hebrew in class for 3 hours/ week for M1 & M2.

Just curious, are you a current student there? Also, if I enter the school without any experience with Hebrew, would it put me at a disadvantage in any way? Do students without any background in Hebrew become reasonably proficient by end of M2?

Just curious, are you a current student there? Also, if I enter the school without any experience with Hebrew, would it put me at a disadvantage in any way? Do students without any background in Hebrew become reasonably proficient by end of M2?

Students with no or limited hebrew language ability may be at a disadvantage due to the time and energy they must spend in and traveling to Hebrew class. Hebrew is a difficult language for native english speakers. Very few students achieve proficiency to be able to converse with patients during third year rotations in israeli hospitals. Those students rely on their advanced hebrew classmates to communicate with non-english speaking patients.

Does anyone know approximately how many students Sackler accepts each year?

Does anyone know approximately how many students Sackler accepts each year?

Unknown. 62 matriculate per class usually. This year's incoming class was 52 and is now down to 48 due to exam failure.

Last edited:
Is it bad etiquette to email the admissions office after the interview to ask when I can expect to hear back regarding a decision on my application?

49 matched including 4 SOAP. 3 did not match. ~10 took a year off and 2 more failed out prior to 4th year.
I was just wondering do you know why 10 people took a year off? When you say year off do you mean they did not participate in matching this year or that they did not match and are thus doing a research year?

I was told the May admission meeting day is 5/10. I believe it’s been every 2nd Thursday of the month? Good luck! I’m also waiting for the results of this meeting. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I was just wondering do you know why 10 people took a year off? When you say year off do you mean they did not participate in matching this year or that they did not match and are thus doing a research year?

As said 3 people entered the match and failed to match or scramble.

Of the 10 people who took a year off a couple did after M3 for research. Most did it after M2 to raise their step 1 score. Others had to because they failed an exam during M3.

I interviewed this past Friday in Florida. Does anyone know how long it takes after the monthly conference for them to get back to you?

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using SDN mobile

Accepted today. Interviewed last week! Couldn't be happier. 510 MCAT, and 3.8 GPA.

Accepted as well! 507 MCAT, 3.75 GPA, and I live in Florida.

Congrats! Did you get your letter today? Also, did you get an email?
Thank you! No, I got it Saturday morning with FedEx Express. I called about that on Monday and was told we don't get an email until we send them the deposit.