2017-2018 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone call or any news so far ?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got accepted to another med school and withdrew my application here, best of luck to you all!

Accepted from the waitlist earlier this week!! the movement has started, good luck to you guys!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ll be withdrawing as well and attending Campbell University. I was waitlisted but never got a top 30 email. Best of luck to everyone!

May 15: Top 30
May 30: Top 10
June 5: A C C E P T E D!!!

Reactions: 6 users
May 15: Top 30
May 30: Top 10
June 5: A C C E P T E D!!!

Congrats! Huckleberry17 you should be in line for a call here soon. Let us know if you get the call!

Also, does anyone know if it's normal for waitlisters from numbers 20-30 to be getting accepted in early June? It seems like there's a lot of movement this year. I'm not expecting to be accepted because I wasn't ranked but if we keep up at this pace it seems like 5-10 ppl after the initial 30 could have a chance. Would anyone else agree?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Huckleberry17 you should be in line for a call here soon. Let us know if you get the call!

Also, does anyone know if it's normal for waitlisters from numbers 20-30 to be getting accepted in early June? It seems like there's a lot of movement this year. I'm not expecting to be accepted because I wasn't ranked but if we keep up at this pace it seems like 5-10 ppl after the initial 30 could have a chance. Would anyone else agree?

I was thinking the same thing? Hard to tell though. I'm assuming as people get pulled those not initially on the top 30 will get a top 10 email once/if they are?

I'd agree, it's looking like more than the top 30 will get accepted. I've also seen some people say June is usually the month with the most movement, so hopefully that's true

I was thinking the same thing? Hard to tell though. I'm assuming as people get pulled those not initially on the top 30 will get a top 10 email once/if they are?

I'm actually just the wife, but have been following this thread for a little while so I thought I'd share what I knew. My husband was not in the original top 30 and he got an email yesterday saying he was now in the top 30. It didn't say anything about the top 10 so I don't know if that gives you an idea of how many they've pulled thus far. When we originally asked about the waitlist, we were told they typically take -/+ 50 based on past years.

Reactions: 2 users
No updates yet, but I might be able to answer some of these questions. They initially ranked through top 30 and those of us who originally got top 30 emails were ranked from 11 to 30 on the waitlist. They don't tell us the actual number we have, so those of us who have been accepted or bumped up to top 10 may have just been closer to the top of the list. They don't update when you are top 20, but once you make top 10 they send out an email update that says they will call with the seat offer if it becomes available. As the movement continues, they update people who make the top 30 and again as they reach top 10. I've heard in the past (and for most schools) that most of the movement happens during june with some straggler offers during July as final deposits are required. I have also had a lot of the doctors I work with tell me stories of someone in their class who got the offer the day before orientation starts, so uprooted and moved that day. So not being top 30 right now doesn't mean you won't be offered a seat, it just depends heavily on where everyone else has offers/decides where to put their deposits.

Reactions: 1 users
No updates yet, but I might be able to answer some of these questions. They initially ranked through top 30 and those of us who originally got top 30 emails were ranked from 11 to 30 on the waitlist. They don't tell us the actual number we have, so those of us who have been accepted or bumped up to top 10 may have just been closer to the top of the list. They don't update when you are top 20, but once you make top 10 they send out an email update that says they will call with the seat offer if it becomes available. As the movement continues, they update people who make the top 30 and again as they reach top 10. I've heard in the past (and for most schools) that most of the movement happens during june with some straggler offers during July as final deposits are required. I have also had a lot of the doctors I work with tell me stories of someone in their class who got the offer the day before orientation starts, so uprooted and moved that day. So not being top 30 right now doesn't mean you won't be offered a seat, it just depends heavily on where everyone else has offers/decides where to put their deposits.
I received an email a few days ago to notify me that I was in the top 20. I was not initially ranked in the top 30. The opportunity to get an offer is still there.

Last edited:
JUST GOT MY PHONE CALL!!! Good luck to everyone who is continuing to wait. I know it's such a hard process, but you can't give up on it!

hi all, been following this thread for hope and optimism. I’ll state my story very simply. I am a low stat applicant in terms of gpa and performed 1 point above average on the MCAT. I applied to dozens of schools. Got an interview at one, PNWU, in November. Concurrently, waitlisted in Dec. Waited anxiously for 7 months, and wondering if should apply again. Got the notification in late may that I was in the top 20. Got the admissions offer a week and a half later.

Congrats, it's a life changing moment

Yes, I got an offer on Tuesday! I was in the top 20 on the new ranked list, but I was not notify when I made it in the Top 10. Best of luck to everyone!!