2017-2018 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Very excited to apply here! Any secondaries yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
My top choice! Hope to get some instate love

Secondary received

Prompt: Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school whose mission focuses on rural and/or medically underserved populations. (Write one page)
@chizledfrmstone

Reactions: 4 users
Single or double spaced?

A standard is times new roman, double spaced with indentation on every paragraph. And of course, the most important word should go at the end of a sentence, and the most important sentence at the end of the paragraph and ... you get the point. No one likes to read something that makes you stop several times as they go along. In addition, most people reading these are of the older generation, expecting a standard they've seen throughout their lives. Don't risk using stylized fonts or cramming as much as you can into just one page.

Best of luck to you all,

Mr. Mammal

Just received the secondary!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody receive a confirmation email after submitting the secondary?

My MCAT posted to AACOMAS yesterday. I'm In state. How long before I should get worried about not getting a secondary?

Just submitted secondary. Anyone else find it weird they don't have a secondary essay?

My MCAT posted to AACOMAS yesterday. I'm In state. How long before I should get worried about not getting a secondary?
Give it a week or two for them to process receiving your score. Then I would contact them about not receiving it.

Just submitted secondary. Anyone else find it weird they don't have a secondary essay?

There is an essay. If you read the directions in the email, there's a webpage with instructions. After you submit payment, you attach your 1 page essay and upload, then submit.

Single or double spaced?

I was going to do single spaced cause I have a lot to talk about. There was no requirement listed so I'm sure either is ok!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think it looks poor to submit the essay double spaced? It's basically writing half a page instead of a full page...but at the same time does it look more professional to write it double spaced?

Do you think it looks poor to submit the essay double spaced? It's basically writing half a page instead of a full page...but at the same time does it look more professional to write it double spaced?
It should be fine to double space. They didn't include any formatting specifics

Anyone else have issues with the application system? lol I think it took me a good 30 minutes after finishing to finally get it to submit because it wouldn't let me have multiple of the same titled "Activities" even if they were different experience within that activity.

Also: is there anyway to see a complete or application submitted prompt from them?

Edit: jk it says on the secondary e-mail that they will e-mail username and password to us after they receive the secondary so we can look at our status.

I couldn't fit everything on one page (Times New Roman, 12pt font) so I made the margins smaller and the font smaller :laugh:

I received a username and password from them a day later giving me access to a status page for my app.

Ah, then I shall exercise the great virtue of patience... or refresh my mailbox every 5 minutes.

Reactions: 2 users
Ah, then I shall exercise the great virtue of patience... or refresh my mailbox every 5 minutes.

Haha yes that's what I do. Also I just received an e-mail from them telling me I was complete and was under review. So they e-mail as well as give you the status page to check.

Does your account say that your missing LOR? I submitted mine with aacomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all set and ready for review as well

Did you folks include a name, title, or heading? Or just one page of words?
Out of habit I just put the prompt at the top with my text under it.

An essay without a title, name or date. Just a body of words.

An essay without a title, name or date. Just a body of words.
I'm so tired I read this as "An essay without a title, name, or date, is just a body of words." I thought wow this is so poetic, and also literally true.

I'm so tired I read this as "An essay without a title, name, or date, is just a body of words." I thought wow this is so poetic, and also literally true.

:laugh::laugh:
True, come to think about it.

I meant it as what should be submitted.

Complete email and under review! "The review process can take four to six weeks, or more." Looks like I can chill out for a bit.

Submitted my primary 06/21 and submitted by secondary on 07/12. The applicant status checklist still shows none of my LOR's are in.. I e-mailed asking about this but never received a response. Does anyone else's status/checklist look like this?

Submitted my primary 06/21 and submitted by secondary on 07/12. The applicant status checklist still shows none of my LOR's are in.. I e-mailed asking about this but never received a response. Does anyone else's status/checklist look like this?
I would call to check; they're super nice. None of my emails to schools have been responded to so far lol

Hey guys I'm a third year and just wanted to pop in and say good look in the app cycle! If you have any questions just let me know!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys I'm a third year and just wanted to pop in and say good look in the app cycle! If you have any questions just let me know!
How many of the students in your class are not from the pacific northwest area? Just trying to figure out how good my chances are as an east-coaster