2017-2018 Marian University (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Marian has an accepted students FB page yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh! I interviewed 10/6 too but got an email saying they didn't get to mine yet!
Don't fret! Same thing happened to me in September and got an acceptance the following week. Looking forward to seeing you good folks on 11/11!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an interview lately?

Last edited:
I was put on hold pre-II and told that they would like to see my first semester grades. Marian is my dream school. However I am missing organic chemistry II pre-rec and need to sign up for it soon (for the second semester of my senior year). I won't be able to turn in my first semester grades to Marian untill around the holidays. Knowing how long it takes for schools to make a decision, I have to decide whether to committ to taking a hard course like orgo 2 without knowing if i have a good shot at receiving an interview. I am stuck

I've had an II from marian for over a month now, but there are never any available dates to schedule an interview.. do they release dates on certain days of the month or something?

I just got an interview invite today and I am going this Saturday! Any tips anyone can offer?

II today but there are no dates to schedule. What do I do?

I guess you just wait and hope for the best. This process is a little frustrating - I've had an II for over a month and I check the portal daily, no spots open. Someone above just got an II today and snagged a spot for this weekend... seems right. I think MUCOM needs to do a better job of offering spots in order of pending interviews since it's a bit unreasonable and improbable to check the portal 20x a day to compete against everyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All with interview invites!
If you have an invite and have not been able to sign-up for a day you may contact our admissions office and request to be placed on the wait-list. If a slot comes available we will then contact you to make sure you are still interested in interviewing.

I just got an interview invite today and I am going this Saturday! Any tips anyone can offer?

Your interview is 3 parts. 2-12 min MMI and 1-24 min 1 on 1. Therefore adjust your Prep Time accordingly.

For MMI, read through the wash U bioethics. Then try to find some prompts online, practice the 2 minute prep time with notes, and then do the 5 minute little speech.
1-1 is pretty normal. Most surprising thing is how fast it goes by. Probably because I was used to 1 on 1s that were 30-1 hr and this is like 24 minutes. Make sure you get out what you want them to know! I was accepted fwiw.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten an interview lately? I know they are behind but I've been complete for 5+ weeks so just wondering
Same, I have been complete since 9/26 and was wondering how much longer I should expect to hear back on either a rejection or interview invite?

Do we have to separately send in our letter of recommendations even if we have them submitted through AACOMAS? I just submitted the secondary and saw they had not received any of my letters. Verified 9/30

Did we ever get a complete match list with specialty/hospital? Anyone browsed the old forums and know of one?

Did we ever get a complete match list with specialty/hospital? Anyone browsed the old forums and know of one?
Hi All,
Attached is the match list with state, hospital, and specialty. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• MU-COM_ResidencyLists.pdf
    67.5 KB · Views: 299
Reactions: 6 users
Damn! Case Western dermatology!

Other than that, the match list seems neither good nor bad.

For those of you who have been accepted, has your portal been updated to reflect the acceptance? I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Just got put on the alternate list post-interview. Anybody know how difficult/easy it is for this to turn into an acceptance at Marian?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Alternate list also. This quickly became my top choice school after interview day (10/7). Hopefully I’m lucky enough to get pulled off the alt list!

Reactions: 1 users
I know it’s definitely not a bad place to be! @MU COM can you comment on this?
As stated, the alternate list is not a bad place to be. We will review the alternate list a few times throughout the year. Once the portal is up, all alternate list applicants are given the option to either accept or reject their offer. I hope this helps!

As stated, the alternate list is not a bad place to be. We will review the alternate list a few times throughout the year. Once the portal is up, all alternate list applicants are given the option to either accept or reject their offer. I hope this helps!

Thank you, it does! Is there any statistic on the likelihood of being accepted off the alt list?

When can we expect to see movement in the waitlist?

Thank you, it does! Is there any statistic on the likelihood of being accepted off the alt list?
When can we expect to see movement in the waitlist?
The stats vary from year to year, but of the applicants who accepted the alternate list status, roughly 50% were accepted last year.

Movement typically begins early in the spring semester.

Do we have to separately send in our letter of recommendations even if we have them submitted through AACOMAS? I just submitted the secondary and saw they had not received any of my letters. Verified 9/30

I had the same problem. You just have to call them and notify them that your letters are uploaded on AACOMAS and they would automatically transfer it to your file.

I’ve already received an interview here and I am so excited for it! I also have not submitted a DO letter of recommendation, would it be wise to send admissions the one I got after I originally submitted my primary/secondary? They already have my MD letter of recommendation.

I’ve already received an interview here and I am so excited for it! I also have not submitted a DO letter of recommendation, would it be wise to send admissions the one I got after I originally submitted my primary/secondary? They already have my MD letter of recommendation.
When were you complete?

Accepted via email today! Interviewed 10/6 and fell in love with Indianapolis.

Does anyone have hotel recommendations? Preferably something that isn't too expensive and is conveniently located?

Does anyone have hotel recommendations? Preferably something that isn't too expensive and is conveniently located?

I did candlewood suites. Its about 2 miles away and I paid a little over $100 for the night. The hotel accommodations provided on MU-COM's site were all pricey but that was the most reasonable.

I found a really close stay through AirBnb for <$50 with private room and shower (really all you need) if you are interested in that.

Hey guys I'm interviewing tomorrow! For the MMI's are you in a room with other applicants or is it just you and the interviewers?

Hey guys I'm interviewing tomorrow! For the MMI's are you in a room with other applicants or is it just you and the interviewers?
Tomorrow? Do you mean Friday?

Just you for MMI/24min interviews.

Has anyones portal been updated for the waitlist?

Hi all, thought I'd give some of you in a similar situation to mine a bit of hope. I was put on the pre-II waitlist for over 6 weeks until I finally received an interview. A few weeks after my interview I was finally accepted! So if you've been put on the pre-interview waitlist, don't lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users