2017-2018 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The admissions checklist has disappeared...:ninja: I sense movement!

It happened to me as well, you can find it again in the widgets section

Members don't see this ad.

Well gents, it does not look like today will be the day.

Reactions: 1 user
I remember Doc Patton telling our group it would be an evening call. We never know tho, could be tomorrow or Fri!

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember Doc Patton telling our group it would be an evening call. We never know tho, could be tomorrow or Fri!
Ahh... I assumed during business hours and they are on the east coast. Well, hopefully tonight.

Reactions: 1 users
Ahh... I assumed during business hours and they are on the east coast. Well, hopefully tonight.

He told my group that it would be in the evening as well. Really really really hoping for tonight!!

He told my group that it would be in the evening as well. Really really really hoping for tonight!!

I got my call when it was dark outside, I remember that. 7 or 8pm I believe.

Did anyone never get an admissions/acceptance tab on their MyLU page? I've only had "Financial Aid" and "My Access."

NVM, I am stupid

Dr Patton said they're making calls tonight, so look out for a 434 area code!

Accepted!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
So many happy people around here! Super excited for y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea if this is in a certain order? Any hints this is alphebetical or date based?

Any idea if this is in a certain order? Any hints this is alphebetical or date based?
I was interviewed the first day offered, so it's probably based on date.

Accepted!!!! Anyone else from the 8/25 date???

Reactions: 4 users
For future interviewees I just wanted to let you guys know I was not able to get the reduced rate at the hotels listed. The people I talked to stated there was no reduced rate. I ended up staying at Fairfield where they stated that the reduced was just a standard Liberty University rate. Maybe others had better luck than I had.

Don't forget to check on to your Tindr when you visit Lynchburg :)

I can show you around if we find each other attractive...

Congratulations to everyone with the acceptances so far! :clap:

Congrats everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hm, it seems like a couple of people from Aug 14th and a handful from the 25th have heard back. Any other dates hear back yet? :shrug:

who with acceptances interviewed on the 14th?

If you haven't heard back guys/gals don't fret! It takes them awhile sometimes... I know waiting is terrible.

I got accepted yesterday too! I interviewed on 14th.. breachnkd- I'm glad we both got in!! I still remember our conversation waiting for the flight after the interview :)

I got accepted yesterday too! I interviewed on 14th.. breachnkd- I'm glad we both got in!! I still remember our conversation waiting for the flight after the interview :)
I knew you'd be solid! Congrats

Has anyone anyone gotten an email yet? My friend and I both interviewed a few days apart and she got a call last night. I haven't heard anything. Do they call people on multiple days?

Ngs9V04
Does this mean I got in? I can't remember if this was there before? I haven't gotten a phone call or anything, yet.

link to imgur because it wouldn't let me paste it in.

Ngs9V04
Does this mean I got in? I can't remember if this was there before? I haven't gotten a phone call or anything, yet.

link to imgur because it wouldn't let me paste it in.

no, the status will say Accept and the deposits will unlock

Can you take a screenshot and show me? I can click on the first and second deposit and it brings up a payment screen.

I maybe can later but trust me I saw the same thing you are up until yesterday and clicked it a million times. You will know when you get accepted when they call you. Only after will the status change to accept, and boxes appear where the locks are on your checklist. Best of luck!

How do you guys check the status of your app?

How do you guys check the status of your app?
MyLU page has an admissions section that will show you your application status. They will call you if you get accepted before they update the MyLU page.

Do they take letter of recommendations from AACOMAS? I'm seeing on their page they only take " electronically through Liaison, Interfolio, or Virtual Eval."
If my memory serves me right, you just print out the letter request form from AACOMAS and send that to your letter writers and it all gets uploaded from there. Whatever site the letter writers use will get it to where it needs to be as far as I know. Wouldn't hurt to give admissions a call just to confirm that though.

AACOMAS is what they use too, just for some reason a lot of schools my cycle didn't outright say they take AACOMAS but they do, I guess because it was obvious???? No clue honestly.

Also anyone with questions for an OMS-I student, I'll be up for answering questions on Monday after our exam, we get a breather, shoot me a PM if there's anything you need!

I'm stressing. My interview is scheduled for the 22nd but I'm not sure how to prepare or what to expect. I'm freaking out.

I'm stressing. My interview is scheduled for the 22nd but I'm not sure how to prepare or what to expect. I'm freaking out.
Of all my interviews, this was by far the best. Few people, incredible staff/faculty who actually spend time with you, great food (not just cafeteria food), etc. Best interview so far this cycle.