2017-2018 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea if they get back to you in 21 days like the complete email says? Got it on the 22nd so still 16 days left if so , just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Any idea if they get back to you in 21 days like the complete email says? Got it on the 22nd so still 16 days left if so , just curious.
I got the email Friday night and received the interview invite Monday night. For me it took 3 days but I did speak to them Monday morning since my letters weren't showing as received so that may have influenced the time it took for them to get back to me with an ii.

I got the email Friday night and received the interview invite Monday night. For me it took 3 days but I did speak to them Monday morning since my letters weren't showing as received so that may have influenced the time it took for them to get back to me with an ii.
Hmmm, ok thanks. What were your stats? Super competitive I'm guessing?

Members don't see this ad :)
They usually have a quick turnaround. If you are really interested in the school maybe send them a short email saying why and that you'd love the opportunity to interview there. They are really nice and caring people from what I remember when I interviewed there two years ago. And they generally look more at how good a fit you would be for their school than simply your stats.

Reactions: 1 users
They usually have a quick turnaround. If you are really interested in the school maybe send them a short email saying why and that you'd love the opportunity to interview there. They are really nice and caring people from what I remember when I interviewed there two years ago. And they generally look more at how good a fit you would be for their school than simply your stats.
Thanks for the advice. Has only been about a week since I was complete though so I don't want to come off impatient, but it can't hurt to send an email next week

Thanks for the advice. Has only been about a week since I was complete though so I don't want to come off impatient, but it can't hurt to send an email next week
Oh sorry, I thought you said its been 16 days already but you said 16 days left lol.

Reactions: 1 user
My stats are not at all super competitive. I posted my stats in the first page you can go ahead and take a look. This makes me think this school does look at more than your stats. Is everything showing complete on you admissions portal when you log in? If not that can be your perfect excuse to call and check in on your app. I honestly think that's the reason why I received an ii so fast because I called.

I've got tonight and tomorrow for any questions people are wondering about LUCOM, classes start Monday, if anyone wants to know something a pre-OMS I student can answer let me know!

EDIT: To anyone who send me questions, and even those who didn't, good luck with interviews and in general with your medical school cycle this year! I'm now out of time as I pack my bag and relax for the evening before starting, but keep feeling free to shoot me a message, it just might take me MUCH longer to respond, I intend to relax every so often.

Last edited:
My stats are not at all super competitive. I posted my stats in the first page you can go ahead and take a look. This makes me think this school does look at more than your stats. Is everything showing complete on you admissions portal when you log in? If not that can be your perfect excuse to call and check in on your app. I honestly think that's the reason why I received an ii so fast because I called.
Thanks, just saw them. Hopefully your interview goes well! I'll call sometime next week maybe and say I can't see my portal or something

II!! They sent Friday, but they're having issues with their automatic email service so when I followed up they confirmed my Interview.

II!! They sent Friday, but they're having issues with their automatic email service so when I followed up they confirmed my Interview.
Congratulations!!!!! When are you going for your interview? Mine is on 9/21, but so far I haven't talked to anyone else going on that day

How did you find out if you didn't receive an email? Did you just call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!!!!! When are you going for your interview? Mine is on 9/21, but so far I haven't talked to anyone else going on that day
I picked October 2nd for my Interview, was the first Monday available and I wanted to drive down over the weekend. From what admission told me it seems like there is only one or two spots per day to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you find out if you didn't receive an email? Did you just call?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I emailed because my portal was having issues logging in and they apologized and told me they had been having a few issues, and then informed me they had sent out the interview invite Friday but do to the system issues it didn't send. Was just good timing that I reached out in the morning, and lucky that they caught that it didn't go through.

Hi all,

Anyone know if LUCOM has an address or email where I can send LoRs. They say that they accept letters via interfolio but I do not see where/how I should send the letters in.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

Anyone know if LUCOM has an address or email where I can send LoRs. They say that they accept letters via interfolio but I do not see where/how I should send the letters in.

Thanks in advance!

I had to do the same thing from virtualevals. The email is [email protected]
My letters were sent there and I was complete the next day.

Good luck!

I got an email saying "The time allowance to complete the Secondary Application will end Wednesday August 2, 2017" which makes no sense???

How long did it take you guys to receive your secondary? I was verified two weeks ago and I still have not gotten anything other than the confirmation email that they received my primary.

How long did it take you guys to receive your secondary? I was verified two weeks ago and I still have not gotten anything other than the confirmation email that they received my primary.
It took about a week

I had to do the same thing from virtualevals. The email is [email protected]
My letters were sent there and I was complete the next day.

Good luck!

Thanks! Where do I check the status of my application in regard to whether or not it is complete?

Thanks! Where do I check the status of my application in regard to whether or not it is complete?

I called a few days ago about this and was told they do not have an application status tool, so to my knowledge there isn't a way to do this :/ Although she checked my application over the phone for me and confirmed that everything was in, maybe just call if you think something's not in.

Finally got a secondary after two weeks. It's the only one that ended up in my spam email.

How long does it take to get an interview invite after submitting it? I'm on my last 6 secondaries which should be done Sunday but I'll move LUCOM up the list if they send out II quick.
They sent me an interview 6 days after I sent in my secondary. Someone else got one 3 days later. With your stats, if you are Christian, then you should get an interview. They like holistic big time -- so if you meet the average GPA/MCAT or a little below they will bring you in for an interview.

90% of my volunteering came from my church so hopefully that will have some pull. Thanks for the advice @futuredrexdoc I'll get that app sent in tonight.

Got an interview! I called today to ask a few questions about LORs, and they said I had just been put down for an interview and should get an email around midnight tonight. FYI for those awaiting stuff, they said they're backed up about 1 week due to Orientation last week, so app reviews might be slightly delayed. I submitted my secondary about 16 days ago.

II just now! Submitted my secondary the night before yesterday. So excited, anyone else interviewing on 10/9?

Submitted secondary back in June... radio silence since. I even tried contacting them because it's been far beyond 21 business days but no response.

~65 LizzyM with excellent EC's and Church involvement. Any advice?

Submitted secondary back in June... radio silence since. I even tried contacting them because it's been far beyond 21 business days but no response.

~65 LizzyM with excellent EC's and Church involvement. Any advice?
They did not respond to your email? Really? They were great at getting back to me when I emailed them, maybe send another email, just be very polite about it.

They did not respond to your email? Really? They were great at getting back to me when I emailed them, maybe send another email, just be very polite about it.

Yeah, I emailed [email protected] over a week ago. Is there another email I should be contacting? Or possibly a phone number?

I second Phoenixsflame in that religion didn't come up in my interviews. I've heard several people who didn't get accepted say something similar to what YayPudding said but that simply just isn't true. Liberty is a Christian university but it definitely wasn't thrown in our face or forced into my interviews. I can't speak to all other interviews but mine were really casual, laid back, and didn't center on religion or Christianity for that matter.
My interviewers asked me very directly about my stance on abortion, physician assisted suicide, and Obamacare. I was honest about how I would handle a patient needing to look into the matters, and I was subsequently rejected. They like diversity when it fits into their little bubble...

Last edited:
How soon after your primary was submitted did you receive a secondary?

Hello friends! Hope all are having a good app cycle. I was just wondering if an international student with a 3.95 GPA and a 505 MCAT has a shot here. I have been in touch with Dr. Patton, but no secondary yet :/. I do have DO shadowing and a lor. Decent/avg ECs. Thank you for any advice! :)

Hello friends! Hope all are having a good app cycle. I was just wondering if an international student with a 3.95 GPA and a 505 MCAT has a shot here. I have been in touch with Dr. Patton, but no secondary yet :/. I do have DO shadowing and a lor. Decent/avg ECs. Thank you for any advice! :)
Hey! I'd say with those stats plus DO shadowing you'd be a strong candidate. Regarding the international status, it would be a good idea to call them to confirm. All the best :)

Did anyone interviewing next week receive a call from "Applicant Care"? Lol

Hey! I'd say with those stats plus DO shadowing you'd be a strong candidate. Regarding the international status, it would be a good idea to call them to confirm. All the best :)
Thank you! :) I have been in contact with Dr. Patton, but don't want to bother him to much. Afraid he might start getting annoyed. But, I'll try getting in touch with admissions tomorrow perhaps. Thanks once again!

Be advised: LUCOM is a Christian school. You should be comfortable with that fact if you receive an II and are accepted. I did not mention religion during my interview there nor did my interviewer. If you really want in, you must talk up your Christian faith and all that jazz.

You should be comfortable with it being a Christian school, but don't be fake. We have all different types of people in our class, that includes those with beliefs other than Christianity.

If anyone has any questions please PM me or ask on this thread.

We have our first test Monday so I may be a little delayed in responding.

Best of luck.

I got an interview on 8/11. i'm not Christian and I made that pretty clear in my secondary. For those still waiting, try calling the admissions office because I called them about a week after a submitted my secondary to see if my application was complete and they told me they would get back to me within a day and i got the interview the next day!

Anyone know how the interview here is?

Literally just did it today. 2 1 on 1 interviews, a lunch, and school info with a tour. They are open to all faiths, but they are very forward with being Christian and the values that come with that. A nice place overall. It's worth it to go and see if it is a good fit for you.

Literally just did it today. 2 1 on 1 interviews, a lunch, and school info with a tour. They are open to all faiths, but they are very forward with being Christian and the values that come with that. A nice place overall. It's worth it to go and see if it is a good fit for you.

What kind of questions were there at the interview, if you don't mind sharing?

I probably met you. I was in that little classroom with 4 interviewees answering questions.

What kind of questions were there at the interview, if you don't mind sharing?

The questions were very similar to what you would find in the LUCOM interview feedback on here. The school seems very focused on finding a student that will thrive in their environment. Be prepared to answer ethical questions and know your background, especially any volunteer service that you have done. Also, if you are feeling stressed, try and take a deep breath. The school is very openly themselves and they expect you to do the same.