2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should I assume ive been rejected if Ive been complete since Jun 23?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II today! Complete since mid-August! Does anyone have any recomendations on flying into Erie? Would it be a good idea to fly in and out of Cleveland and rent a car to Erie?

Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate at LECOM is?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at the Erie campus so long ago (in mid-July, was the first batch of interviewees) I forgot about this school. :(

I wonder why they make us wait for so long? Seems like a poor tactic to me. Maybe if they handed me my acceptance early August I would've fell for the down payment.

Erie releases early decisions on 10/1 and RD on 11/15 going by last year and what I've read about the ED offerings.

Based on previous years it looks like people that chose ED had portal changes anywhere between Sep 25-Oct 1 and letters came in the mail from like Oct 3-10

I recently interviewed and was told that the first round should expect to hear the 2nd or 3rd week of October this cycle.

II a couple days ago. Submitted 9/15, LM 70. First available interview date was late December.

Yup just patiently waiting after receiving the processed email on 8/30 :shrug:

Well Im just curious because LECOM doesnt officially reject you

I've been complete since June too... so silent rejections I assume is just not hearing anything from the school at all? Are other schools like that? I feel like that would make a school look bad

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been complete since June too... so silent rejections I assume is just not hearing anything from the school at all? Are other schools like that? I feel like that would make a school look bad

Im sure some other schools do it, but the only one I know for sure is LECOM. Im thinking about waiting a month or two, then calling and asking about my status. Nothing to really lose if we think we've already been rejected

Scheduled my interview for Dec. 15th! Anyone else going that day?

So, everyone else who chose early decision, do you know if we get our decisions on the 30th, or they mail them then and they can come in anytime starting October 2nd to however slow your postman is?

So, everyone else who chose early decision, do you know if we get our decisions on the 30th, or they mail them then and they can come in anytime starting October 2nd to however slow your postman is?

No idea, still dont have a decision on portal.

Has anyone else been complete for two months without hearing anything from LECOM? At what point do I call to ask if I've been rejected? I was complete early July. I understand they receive many applications, but I have been under review at LECOM Erie and Bradenton since then.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else been complete for two months without hearing anything from LECOM? At what point do I call to ask if I've been rejected? I was complete early July. I understand they receive many applications, but I have been under review at LECOM Erie and Bradenton since then.

Been wondering the same thing

Reactions: 1 users
No idea, still dont have a decision on portal.
They said during my interview that the portal doesn't always update right away, and that they have an AOA visit this week so they may not meet to decide on early decisions until end of the week. They just didn't say when they send the letters out.

II today! Complete since mid-August! Does anyone have any recomendations on flying into Erie? Would it be a good idea to fly in and out of Cleveland and rent a car to Erie?

Price check flights into Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo (Cleveland is the closest of the three by a bit). Erie does have an airport, but flights to it are only from a few cities and tend to be expensive.

If you happen to be in the Chicagoland area or near Milwaukee, it's cheaper to fly out of Milwaukee than Chicago if you want to fly into Erie. Take a look at surrounding airports that aren't too far a drive from home.

The acceptances come by regular mail

No changes today, and my postman probably thinks I have an obsession.

They said they will update the portal? I thought only by mail. Where on the portal?

I believe if you go to your LECOM candidate portal, click on the tab admissions. Then go down to admissions status, your status will change from "thanks for applying and doing your interview, we will notify you with a decision blah blah blah" to something else.

What does everyone who has or has had interviews "Required Letter and Credits" folder say? My interview is in a few weeks and it used to say nothing received but now it changed to listing all the requirements with a red "x" next to them. Should I call and make sure they have actually received everything before my interview?

This is the key underneath:
binary_yes_check.gif
= Received (Does Not Fulfill Requirement)
binary_no_check.gif
= Not Yet Received/Entered

So a green checkmark in this case would be bad? lol

What does everyone who has or has had interviews "Required Letter and Credits" folder say? My interview is in a few weeks and it used to say nothing received but now it changed to listing all the requirements with a red "x" next to them. Should I call and make sure they have actually received everything before my interview?
I already interviewed and mine still has x's next to every single thing. I called and confirmed with them and they have all of my stuff, I guess they just aren't good at updating the portal.

Last edited:
Anyone receive letters today?

I sent an email asking if it would be via portal or mail. I got a response saying "letter will be going on in the next few days. No information via portal."

No letters for me either. I guess they'll be coming in the mail this upcoming week?

II for LECOM - Bradenton! I scheduled my interview for November 6th. Anyone else going that day?

Reactions: 1 users
Unless you're sitting on an acceptance, go to the interview. If you finish it and decide LECOM isn't for you, that's fine-- not every school is for everybody and that's especially true for LECOM-- but it would be a shame to give up your shot at medical school based solely on internet rumors instead of personal experience.

What are your thoughts on Erie vs SH campuses? I heard we are able to rank campuses at our interview and would just like an actual students opinion on the matter.

Since it's the first business day of October, does anyone know if they plan on releasing decisions today for those who have interviewed at Erie and opted into the October decision?

Called admissions and she said they will be sending out the letters this week and that they havent been sent out yet to her knowledge.....
+pissed+

Called admissions and she said they will be sending out the letters this week and that they havent been sent out yet to her knowledge.....
+pissed+
Thank you for sharing!! I was going crazy.

+pissed+

Did you call erie or seton hill admissions?

Did you call erie or seton hill admissions?
Decisions for both Erie and Seton Hill should be coming from the same adcom (Erie)