2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Cancelled both my LECOM interviews at Bradenton and seton hills. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you I would probably submit it. That's a solid ACT score, and if you are below 40% you will have to submit it anyways.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Has anyone received an II without an MCAT score yet (so just an ACT)?

Everyone getting an II, did you find out by text, the portal or an email first? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Very laid back and amazing interview today!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone from the July 27th, 17 interview group heard back from adcoms yet?

So I'm trying to plan my trip out to Erie for my interview in October before the flights skyrocket and I'm curious if any students or anyone from the area can give me any tips. What airport is the closest/shortest drive? I saw there is an Erie international airport but only three airlines fly out of it, making the flights kind of pricey even two months out. In my interview invite they also gave me the choice of visiting Seton Hill, so I'm guessing my interview at Erie counts for both campuses? Anyone know anything about that? Also, if I did decide to do the tour with Seton Hill which airport would be a good central point to be able to go to both campuses?

For Erie: look at flights to Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. Unless you live in one of the few cities that flies to Erie (like Chicago), it'll probably be easiest to fly to one of those cities and then drive the rest of the way.

For Seton Hill: best bet is Pittsburgh. There is a very small airport in Latrobe, but it's serviced only by Spirit Airlines with flights from a limited number of cities.

To visit both: good luck? Pittsburgh airport would be your best choice, but LECOM Erie is just over two hours north, while Seton Hill is about an hour southeast, so visiting both in a short trip would be tricky.

For Erie: look at flights to Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh. Unless you live in one of the few cities that flies to Erie (like Chicago), it'll probably be easiest to fly to one of those cities and then drive the rest of the way.

For Seton Hill: best bet is Pittsburgh. There is a very small airport in Latrobe, but it's serviced only by Spirit Airlines with flights from a limited number of cities.

To visit both: good luck? Pittsburgh airport would be your best choice, but LECOM Erie is just over two hours north, while Seton Hill is about an hour southeast, so visiting both in a short trip would be tricky.

Awesome advice!! Yeah I was curious about visiting both because the email made it seem like it was so easy but everything I saw a decent distance apart so I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just received an email from LECOM encouraging me to complete my secondary. However, I already submitted it last week and got an email confirmation. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Hi guys, I interviewed here at the end of July and loved it! Everyone at the school seems so supportive and dedicated to helping you succeed! If you have any questions about the interview feel free to ask!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an email from LECOM encouraging me to complete my secondary. However, I already submitted it last week and got an email confirmation. Anyone else have a similar issue?

One school reminded me to complete a secondary they never gave me. Ouch.

II mid-August. Complete early August. LM 70. Available dates were late October and early November.

Hi peeps….I thought I would share with you my impressions of LECOM-SH as a newbie.

The first 6 weeks:

Pros/or better than expected-

*Nice community and city; everything is nearby

*Cheap housing

*Close to Pittsburg

*Nice nature (most of the time)

*Smaller student body

Cons/or worse than expected-

*Weird faculty and staff: At least 2 of the professors taught at the carribean if that tells you anything

*Uninspiring school-everyone is very negative….our orientation started with the dean basically saying how we will be punished if we part in the wrong parking lot, etc.

*Poor teaching or no teaching…one of our professors has a heavy accent, for anatomy there are almost no lectures and for anatomy lab we site in a small study room and label PPT slides (no real anatomy lab), another professor keeps telling us we are “going to fail”

*Poor morale among students: I found out several students were able to transfer after year 1

*no research opportunities on this campus

*Average GPA is below 3.0, they don’t curve and bad grades are common

*lectures not recorded, attendance is mandatory

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi peeps….I thought I would share with you my impressions of LECOM-SH as a newbie.

The first 6 weeks:

*Cheap housing

*Close to Pittsburg

*Smaller student body

*Weird faculty and staff: At least 2 of the professors taught at the carribean if that tells you anything

*Uninspiring school-everyone is very negative….our orientation started with the dean basically saying how we will be punished if we part in the wrong parking lot, etc.

*Poor teaching or no teaching…one of our professors has a heavy accent, for anatomy there are almost no lectures and for anatomy lab we site in a small study room and label PPT slides (no real anatomy lab), another professor keeps telling us we are “going to fail”

*Poor morale among students: I found out several students were able to transfer after year 1

Yikes ! Keep your head up ! ANyone from Erie feel the same way or is it different?

I see a lot of discussion on Lecture Discussion and PBL pathways but does anyone have any information or comments on ISP at Erie? At a glance it seems you have a lot more flexibility to learn at your own pace and can 'choose' to attend lectures if you might benefit.

Is there any reason to choose LDP over ISP? I assume the former just offers more fa ulty support?

Reactions: 1 user

The first 6 weeks:

*Cheap housing

*Close to Pittsburg

*Smaller student body

Wow!.. I hope that you're only overwhelmed as a first year year med student, and things get more sustainable. Keep you head down, and stay under the radar. You won't be the future owner of the place, so just get your numbers, and move on.

The first 6 weeks:

*Cheap housing

*Close to Pittsburg

*Smaller student body

Oh wow that's terrifying. I'm a pretty self sufficient learner, but I would like at least some support, encouragement, and a smile every now and then lol.

Oh wow that's terrifying. I'm a pretty self sufficient learner, but I would like at least some support, encouragement, and a smile every now and then lol.

I'm ok... was Mostly posting for those considering this school:campus va other schools/campuses

The first 6 weeks:

*Cheap housing

*Close to Pittsburg

*Smaller student body

Dang...I wish I read this before prioritizing SH on my app...:O

Interviewed here today. I have to say I wasn't that impressed. A lot of the current students looked miserable, and the faculty said multiple times that the students did not like the dress code or mandatory attendance (must wear shirt & tie every day). Also they don't have a sim lab. The tour didn't last very long, and we didn't even get to see a lecture hall. To me the only thing really appealing is the low tuition.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed here today. I have to say I wasn't that impressed. A lot of the current students looked miserable, and the faculty said multiple times that the students did not like the dress code or mandatory attendance (must wear shirt & tie every day). Also they don't have a sim lab. The tour didn't last very long, and we didn't even get to see a lecture hall. To me the only thing really appealing is the low tuition.
Is this at Erie or SH?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hey guys, new to SDN and am glad I'm seeing a lot of people getting IIs! I'll be attending an interview at the PA campus this Sept 8. Has anyone set up an FB group or something so maybe we can link up before/after interviews? Not sure if the SDN community does that kind of thing. Congrats to those who got an II so far :)

I interviewed mid August too and wasn't impressed either. Bathrooms were trash, 8min isn't enough time to even talk about urself and God knows how they make decisions. Security and metal detectors suck, like I haven't seen any other med schools with security like that. Yes it's cheap tuition, but cmon pizza for lunch? Ehhh

I interviewed mid August too and wasn't impressed either. Bathrooms were trash, 8min isn't enough time to even talk about urself and God knows how they make decisions. Security and metal detectors suck, like I haven't seen any other med schools with security like that. Yes it's cheap tuition, but cmon pizza for lunch? Ehhh

Metal detectors?! Is this a school or an airport we're talking about?!

I wonder if this bad impression is the case for both LECOM-E and LECOM-B.

Does anyone know if prioritizing one location over the other significantly reduces your chances at the other location? I chose SH as my first choice, but I'm definitely interested in the Erie campus as well. Considering it's the same app for both and you have to prioritize one location, I'd like to think both consider me. That being said, from browsing previous threads it /seems/ like people only get II at the location they prioritized. Can anyone elaborate on this? Kind of curious.

So the portal says I've been selected for an interview but I haven't received an email about scheduling it. Is this normal?

So the portal says I've been selected for an interview but I haven't received an email about scheduling it. Is this normal?

I got an email and a text. Are you able to select a date? On account of labor day the admissions office might have clocked out early. Wouldn't hurt to call Tuesday in any case.

If I recall that happened to someone in last year's thread. Checked portal and saw II.

Does anyone know if prioritizing one location over the other significantly reduces your chances at the other location? I chose SH as my first choice, but I'm definitely interested in the Erie campus as well. Considering it's the same app for both and you have to prioritize one location, I'd like to think both consider me. That being said, from browsing previous threads it /seems/ like people only get II at the location they prioritized. Can anyone elaborate on this? Kind of curious.
No because you'll rank your preferences of campuses on your interview day! So its perfectly okay to interview at SH but then rank Erie as your first pick. Its all the same admissions committee.

I saw it on the portal first, too. An email will probably show up soon!

No because you'll rank your preferences of campuses on your interview day! So its perfectly okay to interview at SH but then rank Erie as your first pick. Its all the same admissions committee.

Thank you so much! This definitely helps. I like the SH location better, but I'm not sure how I feel about PBL just yet so that is definitely a relief.

So from what I understand, if we get an interview, we can pick if we want Seton Hill or Erie? Additionally, LECOM-Bradenton is completely separate?

When I got an interview at Erie, which I ranked 1st, it told me Erie. I don't think you can choose where you interview but it sounds like you might be able to re-rank while there.

When I got an interview at Erie, which I ranked 1st, it told me Erie. I don't think you can choose where you interview but it sounds like you might be able to re-rank while there.

Do you know which one is harder to get into? I want to be at Erie because it is closer to Ontario (Canada is where my family is from), but Seton Hill looks attractive because it is near Pittsburgh.

Anyone else anxiously awaiting the next 25 days to be over for ED?

Reactions: 2 users
Received II email today!
SS towards the end of August.

My interview was on August 18. They said we would hear by Sept 30. But do you think it may be sooner or do they have to wait to let us know? I have 3 other interviews scheduled and if I get accepted into LECOM, I don't want to go to the other ones.

My interview was on August 18. They said we would hear by Sept 30. But do you think it may be sooner or do they have to wait to let us know? I have 3 other interviews scheduled and if I get accepted into LECOM, I don't want to go to the other ones.

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that October would be the earliest you could find out if you were accepted or not (speaking only for the Erie campus).

Sorry I can't answer your question, but did you get a good vibe from the school that would make you want to not attend other interviews? I'm kind of on the fence about this interview and canceling it because everyone is saying what a terrible place LECOM is.

Did any Canadian applicants have to show LECOM a bank statement showing their ability to pay tuition PRIOR to receiving a secondary?

Did any Canadian applicants have to show LECOM a bank statement showing their ability to pay tuition PRIOR to receiving a secondary?
Yes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

@kubyx yes I had a great vibe and I was accepted last year. It's very clean and I found nothing terrible about it. I like the idea of a metal detector also. It's assuring to know that a lunatic can't come in to hurt us

Hey, I was complete July 18 and still have not heard anything back. LizzyM-62. Would it be too annoying to call them?

Hey, I was complete July 18 and still have not heard anything back. LizzyM-62. Would it be too annoying to call them?
Not annoying, but kind of unnecessary. It's still really early in the app cycle.

I have the same LizzyM and was complete in early June. I'd give it some more time. Last year I received an II on December 27th and was put on the waitlist.

I just received an email saying I got an interview, all dates look full until November 16th!! Is that really the case?