2016 Nova Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea my interview group was only 2 (West Palm Beach), I kinda liked it. :cool: Made it all seem more personal.

Members don't see this ad.

ft. lauderdale had 5 in the morning, 5 in the afternoon (10/05).

anyone heard back? probably too soon huh..

ft. lauderdale had 5 in the morning, 5 in the afternoon (10/05).

anyone heard back? probably too soon huh..
I interviewed this past Monday (10/10) and we were told 6-8 weeks by the interviewers but about 1 week by the advisor due to the fact that these interviews are the earliest. So I'll be waiting for a response by next week :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie to your forum. I'm currently applying to Nova Pharm with all you guys and I have an interview this Wednesday Oct 5 at 12 pm. I was wondering if anyone who has already had their interview could share some info (don't worry, not going to ask for all the gory details)... I was really just wondering about an approximmate number of students scheduled per session and how long your allotted time is during the actual interview? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to meet some friendly faces on interview day :)
I had my interview October 5th too.....Has anybody gotten a response yet??

I may have been in your interview group.... Did you get a response yet?? I was in the AM session....

I was at that interview too.....Have you heard anything yet?

I was at that interview too.....Have you heard anything yet?

I was in the 10/5 interview as well. I have not heard anything yet.

Should be soon though, I know the committee meets every two weeks, and we were the first week... Therefore, the committee has already met, or will be meeting very very soon. Letters go out the following day I believe.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUDDY!

Were you in the morning or the evening?? I was at the Oct 5 interview too, in the morning...

I was in the 10/5 interview as well. I have not heard anything yet.

Should be soon though, I know the committee meets every two weeks, and we were the first week... Therefore, the committee has already met, or will be meeting very very soon. Letters go out the following day I believe.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BUDDY!

Is it bad that I a excited to hear back from them, even though I think I don't know if I would attend? I wasn't impressed with the whole interview process

I'll be at the noon interview session on Thursday (20th)...anyone else in that group at ft.lauderdale campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it bad that I a excited to hear back from them, even though I think I don't know if I would attend? I wasn't impressed with the whole interview process

No, your just making options for yourself, nothing wrong with that. It's good to know you made it in somewhere in case some other place doesn't work out.

No, your just making options for yourself, nothing wrong with that. It's good to know you made it in somewhere in case some other place doesn't work out.

That all being said, this wait is killing me. I do not like have things unresolved...Has ANYBODY gotten an answer back regarding the status of our applications??

That all being said, this wait is killing me. I do not like have things unresolved...Has ANYBODY gotten an answer back regarding the status of our applications??

nope....still waiting as welll...

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! YES!!!!!!!!! VIA PHONE CALL TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED !!!! :banana::banana::claps::claps::zip::zip::soexcited::soexcited::hardy::hardy::soexcited:

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!! YES!!!!!!!!! VIA PHONE CALL TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED !!!! :banana::banana::claps::claps::zip::zip::soexcited::soexcited::hardy::hardy::soexcited:
OMG!!! Congrats!! When did you get the call?? I interviewed on 10/04 but still anxiously waiting for a response....I was waitlisted last year so I am especially anxious this time around.

OMG!!! Congrats!! When did you get the call?? I interviewed on 10/04 but still anxiously waiting for a response....I was waitlisted last year so I am especially anxious this time around.
Thank you! I got it around 11 am or so. I was at the gym and saw a 305 number and I thought "who's this?" (Nova is usually a 954-262-xxxx) so I almost didn't pick up but my gf told me "pick up!" and sure enough it was Nova with the good news :D :)
when did you interview
I interviewed 10/10 in the afternoon.

Just got a call around 10:30AM too! accepted. (Interviewed on 10/5) weee

Congratulations! I just got a call too, my app is on "hold" until this semester's grades are posted. I'm bummed :(
aww man :( .. Hey keep your head up, that should be all the more motivation to finish off this semester with straight AAAAAAs!

aww man :( .. Hey keep your head up, that should be all the more motivation to finish off this semester with straight AAAAAAs!
Thanks! I will definitely get straight A's now LOL. I guess I'm just bummed because I was waitlisted last year and I really had a good feeling about it this time around. Being place on "hold" is not a "no" but it's not what I wanted to hear....oh well. I'll just use it as motivation :)

Thanks! I will definitely get straight A's now LOL. I guess I'm just bummed because I was waitlisted last year and I really had a good feeling about it this time around. Being place on "hold" is not a "no" but it's not what I wanted to hear....oh well. I'll just use it as motivation :)

Good luck with your studies! hope you get it :]

has anybody heard from wpb campus?

I've been accepted too! I interviewed on 10/5 in the afternoon shift.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Fort Lauderdale campus

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got in. You will like this school. Also good luck to everyone who has not heard back yet.

Curious question, are you the UCLA kid that was in my interview group? If so, are you going to NOVA you think?

Congrats btw

whyy yess i amm. haha. congrats to you! are you the second person to interview in our group?

i really liked the experience during the interview day (tour, atmosphere, interviewers, faculty) but i have not made up my mind yet. need some thinking time :] . you are attending for sure right?

Has anyone else received an interview invite? :confused:

!!!!!

Last edited:
Just got the interview invite via email today and I'm interviewing on Tuesday, 10/25! :xf:

whyy yess i amm. haha. congrats to you! are you the second person to interview in our group?

i really liked the experience during the interview day (tour, atmosphere, interviewers, faculty) but i have not made up my mind yet. need some thinking time :] . you are attending for sure right?

hahhhhh, yeah I interviewed second.... I think I am going to pass on NOVAs offer, but I haven't sent it in yet. I like LECOM more then NOVA, and UF gave me an interview so I gotta go there if I get in... Well congrats on getting in... good luck with the decision. Its def a good school, just not my type. Maybe its cause I dont want to go back to south florida lol

No action on here lately. I know there have been interviews but I guess a lot of people don't know about SDN :/

so far p1 year is going good, i recommend all of you to research the pharmacy organizations like the APhA and FPA, you will havev to get involved in one or more of them. the curriculum isnt that difficult just a little much. you will be taking 18 to 20 credits each semester which means 1 - 2 tests every week so if you have bad time managment you need to work on that now. i believe the real advancedrotations start as a P4 but think there will be some in P3 year but im not sure. look up the curriculum on the NSU Pharmacy website and it will tell you.

Also those of you that have a bachelars degree the first year will be very easy, those that have associates, it can still be easy you might have to put more time into studying.

you get your intern license first semester which gets paid more then a tech.

I dont think having a Bachelor or an AA will determine how easy P1 year will be... I know people with BS who are struggling, and also those with only AA from M.Dade who are doing REALLY well in all exams... Just make sure you know your stuff! :)

Officially opening a seat for someone else! good Luck everyone :)