2016 Nova Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DedicationNSU11

P4
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
NEW APP CYCLE GUYS AND GIRLS!

Last time I wasn't accepted (at least they sent a letter in the mail :(), but this time I am optimistic about my chances, and I have also applied to other schools just in case. I submitted my supplemental yesterday now all I have to do is wait!

Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys just a quick update. I called admissions and they said they are still working with orientation for the 2011 class and that they haven't got their interview process started up yet for the class of 2012. So they said that about the end of September or beginning of October is when they will start to interview (but I don't know about sending out the invites).

So just a heads up!

Hey everybody! Of all the schools I am applying to Nova has me the most nervous. It is not only my first choice school but near the school my fiance wants to go to... yikes (pressure)!!! If only they didn't have to go and add physics 2 to the pre-reqs lol :( BLAHHH

Members don't see this ad :)
As a pre-pharm it sucks, but as a third year at Nova, I wholeheartedly think the increase in credential to be accepted is a good move. There is way too many idiots that gets in...

Hey guys, i'm applying to nova... I have about 20 credits earned in high school from IB exams. I transferred these credits to my undergrad institution and they are posted on my undergrad transcript. Anyone know whether nova requires a transcript from the IBO saying you earned those credits? Or does the credits posted on your undergrad transcript suffice? I called them but they weren't very clear about it... Anyone got a straight answer from them?

Does anyone know if we have to send an additional TRANSCRIPT to NOVA??? Or does the one we sent to PharmCAS do the job?? Good luck to everyone :)

Does anyone know if we have to send an additional TRANSCRIPT to NOVA??? Or does the one we sent to PharmCAS do the job?? Good luck to everyone :)

I believe you only send them to PharmCas and they will forward them to NOVA.

I was just wondering because when i checked the "status" form on the NOVA supplemental application website. It shows that they have received my PharmCAS info but doesn't say that it has received my transcript. I Sent it to them anyways haha..Thank

I was just wondering because when i checked the "status" form on the NOVA supplemental application website. It shows that they have received my PharmCAS info but doesn't say that it has received my transcript. I Sent it to them anyways haha..Thank

As long as they have received your PharmCas app, you should be set. The only way PharmCas would send out your app is if they have received all your transcripts and it has been verified. Everything must be processed through PharmCas only.

Yeah knockout I have the same thing on my status. I don't think it is much of an issue. I am 100% sure that PharmCas sends the transcripts the Monday following verification. (granted you payed them lol) So I wouldn't sweat it. I am interested to know if anyone has received anything dealing with an interview yet because a few private schools have begun sending out invites.

Mitsubishi, when i called NOVA they told me that they are accommodating the 2011 incoming class. They told me they will start sending invitation for interviews during mid/end september and start intervies end of september or beginning october. Good luck

HEY EVERYONE, I AM A PHARMACY STUDENT AT NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY AND I HAVE CREATED A GROUP FOR YOU TO POST QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE AND ALSO FOR YOU TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. USE IT WISELY; THIS WOULD CERTAINLY BE A GOOD WAY FOR YOU TO KNOW WHAT DOCUMENTS HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED, ETC.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/213842442005322/

Hey guys just a quick update. I called admissions and they said they are still working with orientation for the 2011 class and that they haven't got their interview process started up yet for the class of 2012. So they said that about the end of September or beginning of October is when they will start to interview (but I don't know about sending out the invites).

So just a heads up!

INTERVIEWS ALREADY STARTED! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, i'm applying to nova... I have about 20 credits earned in high school from ib exams. I transferred these credits to my undergrad institution and they are posted on my undergrad transcript. Anyone know whether nova requires a transcript from the ibo saying you earned those credits? Or does the credits posted on your undergrad transcript suffice? I called them but they weren't very clear about it... Anyone got a straight answer from them?

i would just get a transcript from the ibo, to make sure anything of my documents are delayed for that. I dual enrolled while in high school before attending college and i certainly had to submit a transcript from the college i dual enrolled at... So yeah do so. (i am a p1 in nova)

Mitsubishi, when i called NOVA they told me that they are accommodating the 2011 incoming class. They told me they will start sending invitation for interviews during mid/end september and start intervies end of september or beginning october. Good luck

INTERVIEWS FOR CLASS 2016 ALREADY STARTED!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thats what i was told as well...but maybe they have early decision??
Nah Nova doesn't have early decision. They used to back in the day (the pharmacist I work with who graduated from Nova told me).

nah nova doesn't have early decision. They used to back in the day (the pharmacist i work with who graduated from nova told me).

nova doesnt have early decision but they do have rolling admissions... I interviewed last year in nov/11 and 2 weeks after that i already knew i had gotten in!

That would be 2 months from now and I'm pretty sure they haven't started sending out interview invites because I'd have gotten one lol. How do you like the school after your first few weeks?

That would be 2 months from now and I'm pretty sure they haven't started sending out interview invites because I'd have gotten one lol. How do you like the school after your first few weeks?

It's going great so far. I'm currently a P1 at Nova (Davie campus). There is definitely a lot you can do if you want to get involved. And from my experiences, the students and faculty are all pretty approachable and friendly. While I am only in my first year, I will try to answer any questions as best as I can. Good luck!

Does NOVA require writing an essay in their supplimentary application?

to get the admission in nova we have to do application through pharmcas? because i did call they told u have to do direct application. so i am wondering what i have to do????

You have to do a pharmcas application for NOVA first, and then they will send you a supplemental to fill out once they receive it.

PHEW! Got the invite, short notice which sucks but at least it seems I'm invited to first round of interviews!

Last edited:
I just got an invite today :)
Congrats, so did I! I received it for the West Palm Beach campus, though. Does anyone know if you get accepted at the WPB one if there's a chance to transfer to the main campus? That would mean the difference between still commuting daily or moving to WPB.

Congrats, so did I! I received it for the West Palm Beach campus, though. Does anyone know if you get accepted at the WPB one if there's a chance to transfer to the main campus? That would mean the difference between still commuting daily or moving to WPB.

I don't know how the transfer work...but you possibly could. I got an interview at Ft. Lauderdale campus :) i have to call to set up a date!! Ohh yeah

Is anyone gonna be at the interview on October 10??? at Ft. Lauderdale campus?

Dont stress about the interview just be yourself snd dont get nervous! You have to have eye contact and no fiddleing in your chair!! Congrats to everyone who got an interview.

I don't know how the transfer work...but you possibly could. I got an interview at Ft. Lauderdale campus :) i have to call to set up a date!! Ohh yeah

When you get accepted you choose what campus you want to go to when you pay the 1000$ fee

Hope to see all youpeople that go to davie campus. Its great since most professors teach from there.

When you get accepted you choose what campus you want to go to when you pay the 1000$ fee
Really? I called and asked and that wasn't exactly the case. I'd imagine that if there were seats open at Davie I could possibly switch over there. But if they were full I'd have to stay at WPB. But anyway I switched my interview to Davie so now I just have to schedule it :D

HEY EVERYONE, I AM A PHARMACY STUDENT AT NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY AND I HAVE CREATED A GROUP FOR YOU TO POST QUESTIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE AND ALSO FOR YOU TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER. USE IT WISELY; THIS WOULD CERTAINLY BE A GOOD WAY FOR YOU TO KNOW WHAT DOCUMENTS HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED, ETC.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/213842442005322/

Really? I called and asked and that wasn't exactly the case. I'd imagine that if there were seats open at Davie I could possibly switch over there. But if they were full I'd have to stay at WPB. But anyway I switched my interview to Davie so now I just have to schedule it :D

last year when i was accepted thats what happened, now if it is different this year you will have to talk to them, i am currently a P1 so if anyone has any questions i will be more then happy to answer them.

last year when i was accepted thats what happened, now if it is different this year you will have to talk to them, i am currently a P1 so if anyone has any questions i will be more then happy to answer them.
Awesome, how do you like P1? And how difficult do you find the curriculum? And lastly, what year do you start rotations?

Awesome, how do you like P1? And how difficult do you find the curriculum? And lastly, what year do you start rotations?

so far p1 year is going good, i recommend all of you to research the pharmacy organizations like the APhA and FPA, you will havev to get involved in one or more of them. the curriculum isnt that difficult just a little much. you will be taking 18 to 20 credits each semester which means 1 - 2 tests every week so if you have bad time managment you need to work on that now. i believe the real advancedrotations start as a P4 but think there will be some in P3 year but im not sure. look up the curriculum on the NSU Pharmacy website and it will tell you.

Also those of you that have a bachelars degree the first year will be very easy, those that have associates, it can still be easy you might have to put more time into studying.

you get your intern license first semester which gets paid more then a tech.

so far p1 year is going good, i recommend all of you to research the pharmacy organizations like the APhA and FPA, you will havev to get involved in one or more of them. the curriculum isnt that difficult just a little much. you will be taking 18 to 20 credits each semester which means 1 - 2 tests every week so if you have bad time managment you need to work on that now. i believe the real advancedrotations start as a P4 but think there will be some in P3 year but im not sure. look up the curriculum on the NSU Pharmacy website and it will tell you.

Also those of you that have a bachelars degree the first year will be very easy, those that have associates, it can still be easy you might have to put more time into studying.

you get your intern license first semester which gets paid more then a tech.
thanks! I will definitely look into those organizations

Hey everyone, I'm a newbie to your forum. I'm currently applying to Nova Pharm with all you guys and I have an interview this Wednesday Oct 5 at 12 pm. I was wondering if anyone who has already had their interview could share some info (don't worry, not going to ask for all the gory details)... I was really just wondering about an approximmate number of students scheduled per session and how long your allotted time is during the actual interview? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to meet some friendly faces on interview day :)

How big was your interview group (west palm beach)? mine only had 3 people there!