*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's only Monday and seeing all this action is making me sweat. I really hope it they don't decide on Friday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected this morning.

Ugh.

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected this morning as well.

glad to be free from not knowing. Good luck to the rest of you!

PS March for Science on 4/22!

It means Ramsey is working in the adcoms office and he wants to prolong your pain as much as possible. You're flayi...I mean rejection is coming.

Really though, we cant presume to know anything about what it means. I for one am not getting my hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It means Ramsey is working in the adcoms office and he wants to prolong your pain as much as possible. You're flayi...I mean rejection is coming.

Really though, we cant presume to know anything about what it means. I for one am not getting my hopes up.

All this "send in batches" nonsense is making me lose hair

Wrong Dean. Ramsey is at UW. You mean Tomkowiak.

Really sorry for anyone who got bad news today. Just wanted to chime in and say how much I've appreciated your quips and humor the last few months. Thank god we have eachother at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really sorry for anyone who got bad news today. Just wanted to chime in and say how much I've appreciated your quips and humor the last few months. Thank god we have eachother at this point.
Thanks for the kind words. This one stung, but that's life. I'm just glad I've got some kickass friends to talk me through it.

Here we go again friends! Any bets on Tuesday? How many of us are left?

Reactions: 1 user
How many seats do you think they'll offer up at the end of March? So far the Facebook group has 49 people in it, if not more. So are we to guess maybe 10 people? for what? the 80 that are left?
I cant find the Facebook group anymore!! Do you think they made it secret so we wouldn't spy and speculate?

I cant find the Facebook group anymore!! Do you think they made it secret so we wouldn't spy and speculate?

They changed the name, little buggers. It's now WSU ESFCOM class of 2021

51 members... so 9 spots left. yikes.
There may be more spots, people who got accepted but chose another school could be part of the group still.
I am still waiting as well... and my wife is getting very antsy...

There may be more spots, people who got accepted but chose another school could be part of the group still.
I am still waiting as well... and my wife is getting very antsy...
when is the last day they can switch schools? aka when will some people be let in off the waitlist?

But people come off wait lists all the way up to day 1 of class. My dad got in the night before, and a friend got in 3 days before last year. Stuff happens - including people getting new acceptances after the 30th, which then they have a week to reply and drop one

But people come off wait lists all the way up to day 1 of class. My dad got in the night before, and a friend got in 3 days before last year. Stuff happens - including people getting new acceptances after the 30th, which then they have a week to reply and drop one

so we're assuming (from the last email on 4/3) that all offers will be made this week and the 4/18 meeting is just to do waitlist stuff?

so we're assuming (from the last email on 4/3) that all offers will be made this week and the 4/18 meeting is just to do waitlist stuff?

At this point, I think we can assume anything we want to haha

I believe the sun will set to the west, and if we are lucky, rise again in the east :)

I want that phone call this afternoon. But maybe they'll be cruel and ask for the update from everyone before making anymore offers.

i thought updates were only for those on the waitlist?
If you think about it we are all effectively on a waitlist. Would it kill them to let in more than 60? I'll make a donation to pay for extra faculty. Haha.

It would be fitting if they actually sent out all the acceptances on Monday, and all of us are just looking to SDN in futility. Since we have a 20% chance of knowing something, I decided to Google what else we have a 20% chance of in life.

Apparently there is a website called "big think" that says there is a 20% chance that we are all living in a simulated reality...

If we are serving a life sentence in prison we will have about a 20% chance of never getting parole (side note: if we are serving a life sentence in prison then there is an 80% chance we committed a non-violent drug offense, 65% chance we are black and probably a 0% chance we are going to be accepted to medical school*--according to Wikipedia) *Wikipedia didn't actually have this statistic.

Apparently Bank of America also believes there is a 20% chance we are living in the Matrix according to The Independent.

Donald Trump had a 20% chance of becoming president, according to FiveThirtyEight.

According to a CBS news article, if we are 65 years old we have a 20% chance of living to 94.

Some statistics from Parents.com, chance of miscarriage in early 30's is 20%, at 35 your chance of getting pregnant in any given month is 15-20%, if you are inseminated at 42 there is a 10-20% chance of conceiving and a 20% chance of having multiples.

And I'm spent...most of the other articles in the first few pages of my search were related to the 20% chance we are living in the Matrix. I had no idea that this idea was so popular.

Reactions: 2 users
It would be fitting if they actually sent out all the acceptances on Monday, and all of us are just looking to SDN in futility. Since we have a 20% chance of knowing something, I decided to Google what else we have a 20% chance of in life.

Apparently there is a website called "big think" that says there is a 20% chance that we are all living in a simulated reality...

If we are serving a life sentence in prison we will have about a 20% chance of never getting parole (side note: if we are serving a life sentence in prison then there is an 80% chance we committed a non-violent drug offense, 65% chance we are black and probably a 0% chance we are going to be accepted to medical school*--according to Wikipedia) *Wikipedia didn't actually have this statistic.

Apparently Bank of America also believes there is a 20% chance we are living in the Matrix according to The Independent.

Donald Trump had a 20% chance of becoming president, according to FiveThirtyEight.

According to a CBS news article, if we are 65 years old we have a 20% chance of living to 94.

Some statistics from Parents.com, chance of miscarriage in early 30's is 20%, at 35 your chance of getting pregnant in any given month is 15-20%, if you are inseminated at 42 there is a 10-20% chance of conceiving and a 20% chance of having multiples.

And I'm spent...most of the other articles in the first few pages of my search were related to the 20% chance we are living in the Matrix. I had no idea that this idea was so popular.
How do you calculate there's a 20% chance we are living in the Matrix. If so at least Trump's election would make more sense.

In all seriousness if they sent the acceptances out Monday, we should be getting rejections or requests for updates then. Also I would think they'd call people for acceptances to give everyone the same treatment as the first acceptance days. And remember they did give out a few rejections after March 15th on that Friday I believe.

Maybe there are more rejections to come? I feel like there is still a decent amount of people left.

Maybe there are more rejections to come? I feel like there is still a decent amount of people left.
Id agree that there are a fair number of people left . Id even guess that the list of remaining candidates is much larger than they think they might need in the worst case scenario that people get offers at other programs and jump ship. They simply dont have the statistics from previous classes to get a good ballpark number.

It's just weird though that a bunch of rejections went out Monday - the meeting was last week - and the meeting next week is "hopefully not needed"...yet so many of us haven't heard anything yet. I would assume there is still a bunch of rejections to go out, but why wait during this week, which we know there isn't a meeting? I mean with "The likelihood is most, if not all, applicants will hear something next week." means they've already made "most" of the decisions, so why wait to tell some but not others throughout the week?

How do you calculate there's a 20% chance we are living in the Matrix. If so at least Trump's election would make more sense.
I'm sure BoA came up with some sort of crazy formula, and really all they want is to get this information out to the masses so that they can then create an OTC derivative out of it and make money on it. In 20 years it will be proven to be totally ludicrous, and the Matrix bubble will pop causing The Great Mid-21st Century Recession... Luckily I will have a well established psych practice by then, where I can assist all of those unfortunate souls who developed depression and anxiety from their lost pensions. Then I'll have to check my disgust as a colleague I am supervising in New York calls me to tell me about all of the troubles his BoA executives are having (that he is charging $1,000 an hour to counsel) now that they have to sell their condos on Fifth Ave. and drive porches instead of helicopters....

I digress, can WSU call me yet? Or, can Agent Smith reprogram me so that I am content with going to an out of state school?

It's just weird though that a bunch of rejections went out Monday - the meeting was last week - and the meeting next week is "hopefully not needed"...yet so many of us haven't heard anything yet. I would assume there is still a bunch of rejections to go out, but why wait during this week, which we know there isn't a meeting? I mean with "The likelihood is most, if not all, applicants will hear something next week." means they've already made "most" of the decisions, so why wait to tell some but not others throughout the week?

My guess is that they haven't reviewed all the applicants yet. I interviewed on the very last day, and there were about 20 people that day.

My guess is that they haven't reviewed all the applicants yet. I interviewed on the very last day, and there were about 20 people that day.
when was the last day? March 20?

There was the same amount of people each day I believe - so it wasn't like the last one was particularly bigger than the rest - and by the email, it sure to me sounded like they thought they were going to get through everyone, or least almost everyone, last week and the meeting on the 18th was "just in case". There is a lot of us on here still in the race to fit into "most if not all"...which means they are either waiting to tell us decisions just to wait, or are behind again on their expected timeline. The meeting was last week, so all those decisions are made. I personally was a Feb interview, so my guess is they are just waiting to notify for some reason - maybe Friday? Just put me out of my misery and reject me already, I know you're going to!

There was the same amount of people each day I believe - so it wasn't like the last one was particularly bigger than the rest - and by the email, it sure to me sounded like they thought they were going to get through everyone, or least almost everyone, last week and the meeting on the 18th was "just in case". There is a lot of us on here still in the race to fit into "most if not all"...which means they are either waiting to tell us decisions just to wait, or are behind again on their expected timeline. The meeting was last week, so all those decisions are made. I personally was a Feb interview, so my guess is they are just waiting to notify for some reason - maybe Friday? Just put me out of my misery and reject me already, I know you're going to!
All good man! you're already in somewhere :)

when was the last day? March 20?
March 24!

I think we have to wait until Friday and see haha. I know waiting sucks, but it seems like they are taking their time to thoroughly review each applicant, which I really appreciate. Someone can always call them too!